1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People don't realize how championship teams are made

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Alirules, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

James was a big part of the playoffs the year before.

2. tone-weezy

tone-weezy Member

I dont buy it..

They're not "building" a championship team they're "failing" to put the squad together that they want. CD made that lame trade before the draft and the entire front office spent the last 2 weeks trying to get Mike James to Houston.

LA made the decsion to move Eddie Jones cause his game overlaped with Kobe's and he had 1 year on his deal. So they traded him for Rice who also had one year left on his deal but whose game complimented Kobe's more.....they then used the money they would've spent on Jones/Rice to give Kobe a 90 mil extension.

Until Yao or Tracy becomes the absolute best player league where everything is revolves around how he plays this comparison is lame....cause thats what the Lakers had and Kobe was a top 5 player his damn self AND they had Phil Jackson

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

The Heat were certainly built from the ground up, weren't they? :rolleyes:

4. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Ask Sam Cassell about loyalty in Minny.

5. slpntz

slpntz Member

Bring Stan Van Gundy over here!!

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, you won't be posting here any longer.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Actually they traded Eddie Jones (and Elden Campbell) for Glen Rice, who was the most talented player in the deal at the time and a true third scorer. Jones also was surplus since Kobe was emerging at that time.

8. anitasri

anitasri Member

We need atleast 2 Battier Quality players- we thought we had James, now wither Guys like Luther,Hayes or Novak Exceed all expectations or we get lucky- there is no other way to call this a contending team. Lowyalty and hallucination are different!

I am not cynical, disenchanted would be more like it. To me Tracy's Health and Yao's progression are more important. I clearly believe Battier will be a huge contributor. Two more pieces- THE SG being absolutley critical.

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Miami: In this day and age, the best defense is a good referee!

10. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

GREAT POST!

Seems to me people are taking Yao and TMac for granted. Or in TMac's case writing him off b/c of his injuries last year.

EVERY other NBA team would die to have Yao and TMac as the cornerstone of their franchise. All the need are the right pieces around them. Battier is in excellent addition. Alston (a pass first PG), and Head are solid too. I think we do need some rebounding help, and an additional outside threat, but overall I think we're very close.

Now if the damn injury bug will just stay away!!!

11. GTO

GTO Member

Then in your opinion, Rockets' championship team built up is in which stage now? How many seasons do we need to finally get the work done? Remember, the winning window is suppposedly 3 years. Kobe is more healthy at that time compares to TMac now.

I would not say we are having a championship team until end of this year. And, Shane Battier has not played any games as a Rockets yet.

12. thatpvdude

thatpvdude New Member

you people on here are funny you mean to tell me with mike james and rudy gay and stro most of yall were saying trade him anyway we would be contenders in the west. mike james so with T mac being hurt last year and Yao and sura and who ever else we would have still made the playoffs right. that what yall are saying we got Skip he was even hurt sure mike james can score but we wont just lose every game t mac healthy and yao we are pretty damn good. last i looked yao is the best center in the west t mac is on of the best if not the best in the west at his position. when we had skip t mac and yao together the record was great. skip is a great passer better than mike james battier is an upgrade if he plays the four better than stro. so how can you all really think we will just be as bad as yall think i just dont get it

13. GTO

GTO Member

HAL 9000 visits Clutchfans!

14. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Gotta hate it when that happens! :eek:

[​IMG]

15. thesaint

thesaint Member

Did u even watch last years playoffs???? I watched every game and he did score points....but he was playing selfish basketball and his performance in the playoffs was one of the reason why Rox decided to trade him because he would not pass to Yao. Also he was ejected in game 7 and that did not help the Rox. Mike James career playoffs numbers: 4.8ppg n 1.4apg...these numbers dont look impresive at all...how was he big part??? 1.4apg for a point guard with Yao n Tmac in the game?

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Says who??

fans?

sorry guys...what we say here shoudl never be taken as gospel(unless pops says it ;))

none of us know how long Tmac will be effective and healthy...we cant possibly know. The only official reports we have say that he is fully healthy...its just the pessimists around here that dont believe it.

17. GTO

GTO Member

Just go to read all the threads. This is not coming from fans only. TMac did say he might consider retire 3-4 years later. Now, don't ask me to provide the info for you again. I am not so free to do homeworks for you.

18. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Oh I wholeheartedly disagree. We shall see. If Yao continues playing the way he did like the month of March 2006, there will be no one that can stop him. He can even make free throws.

19. HarmLess168

HarmLess168 Member

I don't recall the Lakers having players like Bowen, Frahm, JL3, Brunson, Hayes on their lineup... They didn't have a Juwan either...

20. HarmLess168

HarmLess168 Member

Detroit SA and Miami had OFFENSE, as well as defense.