1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UPDATE: Mike James chooses Timberwolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by liamrock, Jul 11, 2006.

1. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

It is just sad to know that my favorite team has absolutely no chance of winning the championship. I hate knowing that fact. And with the contracts that we still have left on our payroll we will be over the cap for the next few years. Well in the next few years Tracy will be nowhere close to the player he has been. So with only the MLE to use for the next few years I feel we are many players away from being a contender and we won't have the money to pick up the pieces we need. I am really frustrated right now. For a team that is in a win now mode we don't have a chance to win the ultimate prize and it is killing me.

2. qian

qian Contributing Member

Stupid stupid decision. Rockets showed no respect and no true love at all. Thye did not use full force get him and I belive if they had MJ will be playing for us next year.

MJ does not deserve this treatment and I wish him the best in minnesota years to come

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Can't wait for Le$ to sell the team...

4. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Minn. seems to be ideal for him since he gets paid and gets to start. Now it would be kinda funny if he ended up getting traded from Minn. I'm not sure why the trade kicker thing was so important to him. Did they give him that?

5. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Damn, looks like another beat down from the elite teams, Spurs, Heat, Mavs, Memphis, pistons, etc.. Plan c, sign JL#! ;)

6. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

f the rockets. i don't blame james for taking an extra year guaranteed money and a trade kicker. he deserves AT LEAST that much.

we suck

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

So much for "winning now", Rockets. Trade the future for Battier, and then bumble negotiations with James.

Great offseason so far guys.

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i agree. 5 years for a 32 year old guard? forget that. hell, i wouldn't give him 4 years.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Oh, so us trading him gives him an excuse to blatantly lie? :rolleyes:

This wasn't about fit. This wasn't about living at home or any of the things he talked about. This was about selling himself to the highest bidder. And you know what, it's entirely his right to do that. That's free agency. But he could've been like almost every other free agent and said that from the start. Instead, he made up all this stay at home BS, got our hopes up, and then burned us. Maybe you think that's ok, considering we traded him. I don't.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We should have put the no trade clause on there....this really doesnt make sense to me....we signed players like charlie ward ....this is ridiculous

11. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Banks, Ariza and Cato may not be "difference makers" but they would certainly help and give this team depth at the positions they need it the most.

Heres to the Rockets for sticking to their guns. There is no need to give him either of those options. He is too old for 5 years and that would be idiotic for them to include a trade kicker.

12. ikfit

ikfit Member

me too.

I like Lucas 3 more than MJ.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

I really don't get the hostility towards MJ for signing elsewhere...

On another note, Ha! Cubes gets owned by Duffy again :eek: Another rant and whine on his blog :D

14. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

he's gonna ask for more $$ than james

15. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

How much would Banks cost??

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

WTF! WOW.... The rockets have the dumbest organization. ARE YOU SERIOUS. :( My dreams are over, James is what we needed to win and now we aren't gonna win.

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Beginning to wonder if this front office can even land Marcus Banks . . .

18. docgundy

docgundy Member

Quit hating on the organization guys. Plan B is much better than Plan A. Watch. James is old. Banks is like 24. Ariza is like 24. Cato is one of my all-time favorite Rockets. We're still championship contenders as long as Yao and Tracy are healthy.

19. Varunan

Varunan Contributing Member

I have to admit, I don't see any reason not to give him the trade kicker, so long as he's signing for 4 years.

Bottom line: 2-3 years from now either he's valuable to the team and you don't want to trade him, or he's washed up and no one in their right mind will want to trade for him/his contract.

So what's the issue?

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

how can anyone be happy with this? unless bonzi wells is our backup plan then this pretty much f#$ks our offseason. everyone else is a marginal impact player compared to this guy. look i support the team no matter what, i actually like the battier trade, but this is a dumb, dumb, stupid move. give him the five years or give him the trade kicker, this guy would have been a phenomenal third option and a marksman three-point shooter. expect him to drop 40 on us 3 times next season, though we'll probably still win, cause c'mon minnesota?

the only silver lining is he didn't go to dallas. minnesota is a threat to no one.