1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League Game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Halftime Report Draft Express

Jonathan Givony

Novak continued right where he left off in the first half,showing us exactly what his role is going to be in the NBA and how perfectly he fits into it...

Lucas had another fantastic game and is going a long way in securing himself and NBA contract for next year. He could very well be the MVP of the Vegas summer league so far.

That's a couple of bits from the article I couldn't copy it all so you'll have to got to the link to read the rest... Givony has a great track record for judging talent.

#1 Old Man Rock, Jul 7, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

For the lazy...

Rockets

Jonathan Givony

Steve Novak

Novak continued right where he left off in the first half , showing us exactly what his role is going to be in the NBA and just how perfectly he fits into it.

Novak came off screens and knocked down his open looks from 3-point range as if they were layups. He also showed some basic ball-handling skills and did some work from mid-range as well. Denver decided to start face-guarding him after the first quarter and Novak had no problem finding the open man or feeding the post instead. On one sequence he saw an opening in the lane and sprinted immediately into the paint where he was fed with his cut by a nice pass, which he converted plus the foul.

John Lucas

Lucas had another fantastic game and is going a long ways in securing himself an NBA contract for next year. He could very well be the MVP of the Vegas Summer League so far. The way he organizes the game and finds the open man unselfishly to compliment his ability to put the ball in the net when needed makes him a very unique player despite his below average height. He has a great feel for the game and just knows how to control the tempo of the game to his team’s advantage. He got into the lane today at ease and created a number of easy layups for teammates. When his teammates did not present themselves, he either went all the way to the hoop, absorbed contact and finished, went to a pretty floater or pulled up sharply off the dribble for a smooth 18 footer. To cap off a fantastic half, he hit a running 35 footer off the glass with less than a second left on the clock.

#2 Sooner423, Jul 7, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  3. clutchhero

clutchhero Member

Denver decided to face-guarding him...great, he's our go-to guy in the summer league.

Lucas looks like the MVP ,wow! Can he crack the roster? And how about D-Wash?

4. Old Man Rock

Thanks Sooner... How did you do that?

5. leeegend

leeegend Rookie

does anybody know how Darius Washington is faring in the summer league? I really really want him to make this team..

6. Sooner423

I'm so pumped about Novak. Face guarding, double and triple teams? And he's still dominating? This is nuts.

7. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

im startin to get excited about this kid

8. Old Man Rock

It looks like Lucas is getting all of the minutes so far and by the sound of things is going to make it hard for Darius to beat him out. I don't see us taking to Rookie pg on the squad. But it is early and we will see.

9. Sooner423

I typed it all. ;)

But really, you go to the printer friendly link. From there you still can't copy in the conventional way. You have to right click and "select all" and then copy. Paste to you're desired destination and delete the unnecessary stuff.

10. Old Man Rock

Yeah buddy and the thing is I see no reason why most of what he is doing in the summer league should not be transferable in the regular season. Maybe he'll have butterflies in the beginning but he will be even more open with Tmac and Yao on the floor.

11. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

DAMN IF HE IS DOMINATING WITH TRIPLE TEAMS IMAGINE HOW GOOD HE WOULD BE WHEN HE IS LEFT OPEN WITH MAC AND YAO :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sorry for the caps

12. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

if james come back, plus novak, and how luther head shot 3's before the rookie wall....

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Novak is the real deal, I am transfering my man crush from Redick to Novak !!

DD

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Of course, this IS the summer league. This is like a guy dominating at A Ball in baseball. This isn't to say it won't translate to later and I certainly hope it does where Novak is concerned, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You mean from Boki to Badianne to Redick to Novak. ;)

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

don't forget Langhi!

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Never had one for Badiane, and yes, I did think Langhi would be a decent player, as well as Boki.

But Novak....this kid is the REAL deal........a real steal at 32.\

Don't piss into my wind, you will only get wet.

;)

DD

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

the dadakota kiss of death! hopefully novak can overcome it.

19. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Jeff, I agree that the summer leagues can make average people look like heros. BUT, 3 point shooting is a whole different game. Either they can hit them or not. Especially hitting turn around 3's, with defenders in their face. :eek:

20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What about Chuck?