1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

News and Stats of the Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WallofYao, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Wow this Carroll sounds like a great find! Maybe that is why Gansey was not pursued so hard. A taller moree athletic 2 than Gansey who can hit the outside shot and take it to the basket... it's too good to be true. I know it's just summer league but it's something to be excited about while waiting for the saga of signing free agents.

2. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

LaMarcus had 3 rebounds in 33 minutes and Roy had 0 rebounds in 29 minutes.

3. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

no, you can not foul out in summer league.

4. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

In all fairness to Novak, there aren't many boards to go around when Chuck "rebounding machine" Hayes is around...

5. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Anybody know where Pat Carroll played last year? I know he played at St.Joe's two years ago.

6. clutchhero

clutchhero Member

Roy had 5 Reb actually.

7. clutchhero

clutchhero Member

Starting Five propel Rockets over Blazers in TVSL opener

Dennis Rogers
    dennisr@hornets.com

July 6, 2006

The first game of the Toshiba Vegas Summer League pitted the Houston Rockets against the Portland Trail Blazers. The Rockets used an early 11-0 run after trailing 4-0 to start the game and never looked back, winning 88-80 over the Blazers. Point guard John Lucas led the Rockets by recording a double-double with 26 points (10-17 FG) and 10 assists in 35 minutes of action. Sharp shooters Steve Novak (8-12 FG) and Pat Carroll (9-14 FG) shot a combined 17-29 and accounted for 22 points a piece. Lonny Baxter chipped in 10 points, while Chuck Hayes added eight. Lucas, Novak, Carroll and Hayes were the only Rockets to score in the game. Novak who hit six of his eight three point attempts was happy to start his NBA career off on the right foot. It was a great feeling to get off to a good start, Novak said. This is a good shooting gym and I was happy to do what I do best. Second-year guard/forward Martell Webster had a game-high 29 points (10-19 FG) for the Blazers. Rookie Brandon Roy (12 points) and Fred House (10 points) were the only other Blazers to score in double figures. The highly touted Roy also added eight assists in the loss. The Rockets finished the game shooting 56 percent (35-63 FG), while the Blazers finished at 46 percent (28-61 FG). The Blazers outscored the Rockets bench 38-0. The Rockets take on the Denver Nuggets tomorrow at 2 p.m., while the Blazers battle the Minnesota Timberwolves Sunday evening at 5 p.m.

8. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Novak who hit six of his eight three point attempts was happy to start his NBA career off on the right foot. It was a great feeling to get off to a good start, Novak said. This is a good shooting gym and I was happy to do what I do best.

Is this to say theres bad shooting gyms so he wont shoot well in some places?

9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

This is music to the ears!

10. The Hungarian Rocket

I think you're out after 10 fouls.

11. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Nah, shooters have their favorite gyms, which could be because of the lighting, rims, floors, or just the aura. Basically it means he felt GREAT (6-8 shooting from 3) and GOOD from him would probably be around 50% marksmanship or so, which I would gladly take as well.

Novak :D