1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

stalkers...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OmegaSupreme, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Kam

Kam Member

That was a fun video to watch.

in C league, is dunking a technical?

2. Stack24

Stack24 Member

Looks like we are playing the team that lost before our game.

Great video..and it was great seeing that clean block...the block you had clutch on the guy in green was great...god i hated that punk.

#522 Stack24, Jul 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  3. rusHour

rusHour Member

good vid clutch....ill see if i can get together the website by the end of the weekend since my comp just got frixed

4. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

Nice job, CCR. Looking at that part of the clip, it does seem like I came across the guy's head to get to the ball. Pretty much I did not take the correct approach on that defensive play.

I could have taken a charge, but I should have attempted a block with my left arm. I wanted to cut off the rim so he couldn't reverse it, so I overplayed the front of the rim. As soon as I saw him start his shot with his right hand, I should have extended my left for the block attempt. Basically, I gave the ref a reason to call a foul by reaching across the guy's body for the block ... cleanly or not.

Regardless, I am looking forward to Monday's game and playing a better, all-around game.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Member

I for one hav a bone to pick with myself and do not expect a shooting performance like i did this past game...if i do then Yao can sit and root against me like he did last season :)

6. Lance Berkman

Lance Berkman Member

good luck guys

7. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Today is july 3rd and tomorrow is 4th of july. I wonder how many of us will show up. Our game is at 8:10 so it will be okay for me to go play at the game, go change after the game and later on hit the street. So i guess i will start the Roll call:

Coming!!!

8. Stack24

Stack24 Member

I'll be there.

9. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

Let's get an official roll call going:

RocketFire
    Stack
    YW

10. ClutchCityReturns

RocketFire
    Stack
    YW
    Josh
    Adam
    CCR

11. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Hey i thought i didn't have a paypal but i do have one. So if you guys want to send it to me than its cool.

Sunil_momin_5@hotmail.com

You can send it at that address. I am new to recieving money through paypal so go easy on me. ;)

12. Kam

Kam Member

sooo....

did bss win?

13. rusHour

rusHour Member

cancelled again for i dont know what reason this time...a month into the season and 1 game played. we also have a bye week next week. :mad:

on the side note,
    The NEW & IMPROVED Official Site of the Bus Stop Stalkers
    STILL UNDER CONTRUCTION, just the little things

14. Lance Berkman

Lance Berkman Member

whos going to the apts on thurs?

im a little undersized for PF dont you think ;) :p

good work on the site. whos the guy with the huge hands? :eek:

15. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

4th of July...gotta luv Marcus Carter...made the schedule like 3-4 weeks ago and just now realized he schedule a game the day before the 4th of July...And he wasn't even there..I had the thrill of showing up and being told the game was cancelled...at least none of my teammates had to waste their time because I got there early
    I left him a comment card...4 weeks and we've only played one game

No wonder the last league ran so long...it was supposed to start may 15 and it didn't commence till june 15th...

I was surprised more people didn't vent in this thread...

16. mogrod

mogrod Member

Those were some good games last nght guys. I certainly out did myself with as many games as we played and I'm surely feeling it this morning BIG TIME. But, I needed it.

Does anyone know if that was the team we were supposed to play anyway?

17. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

The team that we were supposed to play in league action is the team that we played in the first 3 games to 30. Definitely a good workout, glad we got to play together consistently throughout the night.

18. rusHour

rusHour Member

when listing guys at a position, not only do i look at size but i look at the type of game they tend to play.
    the huge hands? not sure who that is. i found the pick and altered it a little. thanks btw.

wished i would of stayed last night but i left with the intentions on coming back...went around the corner and had car trouble. oh well ill be there thursday at the apt.

19. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

you missed some good games. I think we took the series 2-1. We also played another team from the league, i don't know who they are but we sucked against them. Well we were very tired, after running 4 straight games i was dead.

20. Stack24

Stack24 Member

yeah that's pretty much a consistant thing with Marcus...i honestly think that we should all say something to the Manager of the YMCA, we pay good money to play in this league that he is supposed to be a part of and these are the types of things we have to deal with.

If it's a free league it's one thing, but if we are paying for an organized league then it should be one. Not one team captain got a call telling them the games were cancelled, no update to the schedule on the walls, and no schedule change online. Just a bunch of pissed off people that had driven from wherever to come and play and had to leave after finding out it was cancelled.