1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Swift Trade: Hurt us as a FA Destination?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by F.D. Khan, Jun 29, 2006.

1. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is a myth. Stro wanted more but could not get it. Basically he chose our MLE over someone else's.

2. Roxer

Roxer Member

ROX pissed so many people off, it's time to be punished.

Curse u Rox, all players injure in 2007~~, and never enter playoff anymore~~ :mad:

Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~Curse~

3. RioGrando

RioGrando Member

But we already have an offensive liability in Bowen, why do we need another? They certainly couldn't play together, so we're down to playing 3 on 5.

Say no to Wallace!

We need to find out what combinations will work out the best. Yao and T-Mac can pretty much play with anyone. Bruising PF or a PF with some distance on his shot? A scoring PG or a pure PG or tweener (Head)? A 2/3 that goes to the rack or has a sweet jumper? And on defense, where do we need the lockdown defender the most, the perimeter or the paint?

Speedy's available, cuz Rafer ain't fast enough.
    Cato can come cheap now, he's made his millions
    Radman give us the 4 with distance.

Where do we go from here Van Gundy?

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ask Cutinno Mobley

Rocket River

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can someone BAN this guy??

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

Yeah? Well, Howard's SOFT and SLOW and OLD..

I can't believe there are actualy people pro- Stro being shipped.. You idiots realize Stro was costing us less than Howard, had a shorter term contract and was giving us more in return than Howard.. ?

You just cannot defend Stro being shipped, it's impossible. Once you try to, you dig yourself into a hole called, "Juwan Howard". Stro being shipped means Juwan stays.

You can rationalize Gay for Battier somewhat but, Stro leaving and J-Ho staying, indefensible. You don't even have financial reasons to back up on. To've received that, Juwon should've been the one dealt, not Stro.

You don't go and get a Battier for 5yrs at that prize and choose to keep J-Ho's crap contract while you're at it...

Blah, just freaking stupid..

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'm sure that somebody's already mentioned this but none of those guys were coveted free agents. Swift moreso than anyone and IIRC Memphis was our major competition then.

These other players in the league play against Swift; they know what a lackadaisical performer he is. If they don't recognize it they are just like him so we don't need them either.

8. The Hungarian Rocket

His salary'll be over $10M, I'm sure.

9. Tameway

Tameway Member

15 Millions for B Wallace.....

10. giddyup

This is a bad time to bring up Mike Dunleavy; Rocket fans are kind of sensitive right now and I think he was our second candidate when Van Gundy was hired.

11. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

We traded Boki for JJ

12. tedsun

tedsun Member

I agree with you completely. Even if it's neccesary to trade Stro, we should NEVER send him back to Memphis. It's too unmerciful so much as to a dog.
    Are there anyone remember the years after we sent Hakeem to Canada? We were not able to sign any good free agent. Only Rubbish contracts.

13. giddyup

David Wesley

14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

seriously doubt he's going here, but i don't doubt that he's going elsewhere. remember his post game comments after exiting the playoffs...?...

ben: "i think you all know where my heart is."
    report: "where?"
    ben: "in my chest."

can detroit say "ouch"?

15. pandazn

pandazn Member

Anyways, I think Houston should be a pretty good free agency destination for players who want to play big minutes, cuz we sure suck.

16. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Did you just compare Bowen to Ben Wallace? :eek:
    I know you're trying to say both are a offensive liability but Ben is 10 times on defense what Bowen could ever be. Do you know how much ease will be put on Yao on the defensive end? No more foul troubles, no more running out of gas, no more injuries (well at least much less chance of it). Yao and T-Mac will easily be able to take care of the offense production. Also, I'm hoping we get Mike James also which is an instant third option.

17. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Fook it, if our GM/owner traded away Gay, then he better be damn willing to offer that to get Wallace.