1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

has a trade ever been recinded due to public reaction?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robbie380, Jun 29, 2006.

1. aamir

aamir Member

Coaches were afraid of his drive, never ability. That's why he slipped.

One of our stars has admitted not giving full effort in past games... he's slightly better than Battier. Likewise, Rudy Gay with half drive should be a better player than Shane Battier. (its unproven, but in all likelyhood true)

I've met Rudy in person several times. He does seem lazy, in all honesty. But it was also very obvious that he has love for the game, has a huge competitive nature (when he has the opportunity), and wants to be the best. I think all of these questions on Rudy's drive are going to be forgotten once he starts playing.

2. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

I hope Yao or T-Mac could do something for the fans. :(

or if we can gather certain amount of season ticket holders to call the Rockets threatening to stop buy any more tickets :mad:

3. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I think you mean... There is a chance that Jerry West could be wrong about this and management could be right.

If this goes through, I really hope Jerry West is wrong, but I'm wouldn't bet against him.

4. Turcan5

Turcan5 Member

Why do you consider this such a weak class? Just because there are no unproven 18 year olds in it? Just how much of an impact did the high school guys make on their teams last year. Green spent time in the developmental leaque and Portland already aquired a two guard this year because Martel Webster isn't ready to contibute. Who were the great impact players in last year's draft. Besides Paul, who else can you see as a future all-star based on their play last year?

5. tigereye

tigereye Member

First off who said anything about High School players? Surely not me. But it has nothing to do with High Schoolers not being in it....

This draft class was weak....no one can doubt that. From the minute the Florida kids "no thanks" alot of us wondered about the depth of this draft. First off, there wasnt even a clear cut favorite as to who would be the top pick overall, unlike drafts of the past. We had Bargnani, Aldridge, Gay, Morrison, Thomas all mentioned as being possible top picks.

And as for the eventual top pick Bargnani.....besides regurgitating listed in articles by idiots like Stephen A Smith, can you tell me anything about Bargnani's game? Have you seen him play in person? Not many have. And before the lottery, there was little buzz about Bargnani. That wasn’t the case with Yao in 02'. From the minute Steve's magic gray suit landed us the top spot, we Rocket fans started dreaming of the promise of Yao and the endless comparison threads to Dream. In Yao, most of us fans knew what we had on our hands. With Bargnani, we cant even REMOTELY tell if he will be the second coming of Nowitzki or Tskitishvili. Some top pick....he provides no assurances at all.

Then there's Sheldon Williams, who in other draft years like 2003, would go down as a 10-20 range pick. He ended up going 5. Can someone explain this **** to me....ATL could have traded down ad get more and STILL would have still landed Williams. Im tellin ya....this draft was so weak, it clearly screwed with GM's heads.

And note, 4 of the top 7 picks were moved. If this was a strong draft, do you think there would be this much jockeying for position? Teams were reaching for the few good gems available in this draft. Ask Portland....

Bottom line, I dare you to disagree with me on this. Go ahead, SAY THIS WAS A STRONG, DEEP DRAFT.

If you choose to do so, it will expose the tree sloth sized piece of basketball knowledge your brain possess. Because your only argument will be "look, these players have promise." Well so did your namesake, Mirsad Turkcan formerly the Rockets 18th overall selection in 1998.

Sincerely,
    TE

6. francishsu

francishsu New Member

Failed physical is not the only way that a trade can be nullified or at least altered.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ials/draft/2006/06/23/bc.bkn.pacers.draft.ap/

8. chrisrobin

chrisrobin Member

What about the proposed trade a few years back when the Rockets and Raptors had a deal swapping Damon Stoudamire for Kevin Willis? Remember how Toronto screwed the Rockets, don't exactly know if it was because of fan reaction in Toronto or if they leaked the deal to try and invite other teams to bid, but I remember how pissed off I was when that trade was cancelled.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The Rockets management has had little to say so far. I believe the rule permits them from talking about it publicly until the deal can be finalized July 12th? (What a dumb rule). So even if they wanted to address the trade and do damage control they're not allowed to. They got quotes from Tmac and Battier addressing the negative response but that's been about it.

10. SunsRocketsfan

all i have to say is look at amare!!!!
    amare slipped to 9th!!! and it was a really weak draft other than yao.. .

11. Chronz

Chronz Member

Only way a trade gets rescinded is if the franchise player says something about it. Like MJ did when the bulls were about to trade Pippen. Keep in mind he told them to reject a trade for the uknown Tracy McGrady.

12. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

pwned!