1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Jefferson available?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Jun 18, 2006.

Tags:
  1. username1

username1 Member

Do you think we can get a refund? NJ - gives us back RJ, and the other two picks we sent them for Eddie Griffin, and we give them Stro.

In this case, Stro = Eddie Griffin, = loser PF

2. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

There's going to be a lot more attractive options than Swift, Head, and Howard. I don't know what Swift's trade value is, actually--I assume it varies inversely with the number of Rockets games the other side watched.

3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Swift actually moved pretty well without the ball, especially on fast breaks that never occurred. The fast breaks never occurred because Swift was pretty much ignored by Rafer who failed to push the ball up the court before defenses could get set.

4. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I have to disagree with your point. Yes it is true that we need some talent around Yao and TMac, but shooting the ball, both mid-range and the long ball, is the most important talent we need. <b>Another slasher/cutter in our current system with our current roster would just clog up the lane even more for Yao and TMac.</b>Due to our lack of shooters, teams, much like they did last season, will just clog up the middle and let Alston, Head, and Wesley shoot the ball. Unless we spread the floor with better shooters, Yao and TMac are gonna have another season of hard work which can't be too good for a man with a bad back and another one with a not so great foot.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't remember Stro moving that well without the ball. On offense, he drifted more than anything else. I could probably count on both hands the number of times he fought for position to receive the ball in a place he could score from.

6. rocketsinsider

I highly deubt we can offer NJ a better deal then other teams if the nets are seriously wanting to trade RJ, I really dont know why they need to trade him tho they are only a free agent PF away from a really good team.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

we have nothing to offer them, they could probaly get a better offer from atlanta like their pick, and some of their young swingmen. thats alot better than 8th pick, head, and swift. and plus how does the salary work? richard has a max contract, head is on his rookie contract and swift is worth the mle.

8. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

I could be totally wrong, but Rafer has pushed the ball more than any PG we've ever had in the JVG era. You don't see JVG frantically waving his arms with Rafer (unlike someone in the past)

9. OzRocket

OzRocket Member

Nets Not Shopping Jefferson

10. OzRocket

OzRocket Member