1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming named to All-NBA Third Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, May 17, 2006.

1. choujie

choujie Member

So? It's not like shaq is a defensive monster this year. Yao's defense is his weakness, but he does a lot other things Shaq doesn't do, like come out to help. Overall, Shaq does't no better than Yao on defensive end this year.

True, Shaq has Haslem, Walker, Zo on his team, Rockets has nothing besides Yao, so is that the reason Shaq let opposing centers grabbing 11 rebounds per 48 minutes while Yao only allowed 10.6?

2. Ownage

Ownage Member

Shaq doesnt need to score as much, as shaq as dwade to help out.
    Shaq lead his team to the playoffs, where Yao lead his team to the lotto
    Shaq prob could score 28+ points a game if he was on the rockets. People forget how good he is somtimes.

3. choujie

choujie Member

Shaq's team in the playoff because they have Wade and much better role playeers. When Tmac and Yao both played (one or two of them played with injury), Rockets are 21-10, not worse than Heat at all.

That time Shaq could 28+ at will has long passed. Do you really think Heat deosn't want Shaq to score more in the playoff? Do you really think they intentionally let Shaq score 8 points and lost the game to Bulls?

4. choujie

choujie Member

Typo, I meant 16 points.

5. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

dude, lets face it, a 7'6 guy who gets 2-handed-dunked on by Stromile is just a joke.. and a 7'6 guy who cant stop parker in the paint is a joke.. go to NBA.com video archive and check out the top 10.. probably half of them are highlights against Yao... he probably has a 10" vertical leap... so NO, Yao is not even average defender for his height (well, he is better than bradley at least)..and u cant improve ur D.. it's all about timing and quickness, and u cant teach these 2..

6. dream2franchise

Ok earlier this year i had an infection in my index finger, next to my nail which was about half the size of a grape seed. The slightest impact led to radiating waves of pain that lasted about 5-10 seconds.

Now give Yao an infection over his entire Big Toe (if it's his right toe, that means he's jumping off it a few times), an infection so severe that it causes his toe nail to come off? Add to that the radiating pain that he would feel everytime he stepped on it with his over 300lb body, and everytime somebody accidently kicked it, stepped on it or fell on it, and multiply enough to last over 30mins per game at roughly 4 nights per week plus practise......

It would hurt, believe me.

I also don't remember Shaq playing 30 mins and night on his rolled ankle which is the most common freakin injury in the history of the NBA.

7. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

well, if u watched the game, u would recognize that the refs were just going crazy on him.. they called travels and Offensive fouls every time he touched the ball...and B-ball players get frustrated when that happens.. the best example is YAO MING.. refs used to mess with him every time.. but after his surgery, it seems like they started giving him some respect... and dont ever underrate the role of refs on the game..

8. gbao

gbao Contributing Member

Tell me how timing can't be taught?????

9. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

well, if it was that bad, I dont think he would've kept playing on it.. it's the NBA, not college.. PLAYERS WANT $ NOT WINS...

and talking about Shaq, have u ever rolled ur ankle? it doesn't seem like it from the way ur talking... yes, it is the most common injury in the history of NBA, but when I rolled my ankle in my drive way ( I was playin by myself, practicing my crossover) I couldn't walk on it for 3 days and couldn't run for 3 months.. and I was only 125 pounds in that time (yeah, I am 5'7)..so what do u expect for Shaq.. the dude is over 300 pounds (I dont exactly know, but he is BIG)...

10. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

how about u tell me why Juwan hasn't learned timing while Chuck Hayes has a great timing ????

11. gbao

gbao Contributing Member

It showes that you don't know Yao.

12. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

come out to HELP?? yeah, right.. as if coming out to help is a great skill.. JVG tells him to freakin come out and he does .. what's the greatness in that ??.. and please, dont say Shaq is not better than Yao on D.. Vin Baker is probably better than Yao (not really, it's a hyperbole ;) )

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

1. Yao
    2. Shaq
    3. Who cares

That is the order for the top center of the league this year.
    Yao has surpassed my expectations this year, he's no longer a soft jump shooting center. He can take over a game.

14. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I know that Yao is a hard-worker and has a great personality.. dont get me wrong, I like Yao, I enjoy watching him , I think he is great.. but I dont like people going crazy on him saying he is the best center.. take it easy guys, he is only 24.. he will be the greatest center soon, dont rush it and put pressure on the kid...

but com'on, I bet u Chuck Norris wouldn't take that injury if it was as bad as dream2franchise described it.. :D

15. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

once again, dont rush ur judgement.. wait for next season.. who knows? he might go back to his old self (god forbid) or he might be affected by his broken leg or foot or whatever (I hate u JVG :mad: , u r more vicious than a capitalist!! :D )

16. dream2franchise

Yeah i have rolled my ankle and yes it hurt like hell. But i was able to play a week later while it was still swollen. I was wearin freakin' casual shoes too, no ankle support at all.

I'm not saying it doesn't hurt, but you just have to take me at my word when i tell you that the infection would have hurt Yao like hell, more than any rolled ankle.

He wanted to play through, he felt he had to carry the team because T-Mac was injured, for that i admire him. He is the toughest SOB in the league, he just doesn't feel the need to brag about it.

17. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

that's all I am trying to say.. great post Chronz and welcome to clutchfans.. ;)

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Compare the FG% of the opposing center of Yao and freakin' Wallace. I remember it's around 45% and 49% respectively. And Yao can't defend worth a crap??? WTF? Ask Amare if Yao can defend. He sucks EVERY TIME when he plays against Yao.

And you said you LIKE Yao? You sounds like a YOH.

19. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I agree with u dream2franchise.. I know the infection really hurts and everything.. I love Yao's hardwork and will to compete.. . I admire him too, he is a great player and a great person... not quite the soughest SOB in the league :D ... I completely agree with u man... that makes perfect sense to me.. I just dont want us to overrate him and be hard on him.. we dont need to rush it, he will be the greatest center soon.. dont put pressure on the dude and LETS NOT JINX HIM... :D

20. vizier

vizier Member

the sceond best center just missed 2 critical free throws in final minutes of the playoff game. and shoot 0/7 ft for the whole game