1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whats wrong with Pettite?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Drewdog, May 10, 2006.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Just watching him labor out there last night.... Man he is not having a good start to the season. I was a little worried when they said something this morning on 610 on how many innings he has logged in his career. Just wondering how much left he has in his tank. Id really like to see him turn it around...... Hopefully he can! :(

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

He misses his buddy.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

anyone hear his post game interview, he said he felt good, could have stayed in the game.

4. Buck Turgidson

He said at the start of the season that he took more time off this offseason & would be about a month behind the rest of the guys. Hasn't complained about his arm as far as I know; he's complained constantly about his mechanics. His location stinks, he's leaving a ton of balls up & not hitting the corners. Hopefully he can pitch his way out of it. We'll see.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

After last night, his location...he just can't seem to keep it down...He needs to show Roger some man love and get him back as we can't survive the long season with mediocre pitching...

6. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing....I just keep trying to tell myself that last year he started off slow, then after the all star break he dominated. I'm praying for the same thing here.

Pugs

7. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Thats what I was noticing too - Location. It just doesnt seem like he can find his spots.....

8. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

Just like with real estate..........it's all about location, location, location.

Also, his cutter seems flat this year....doesn't have the same movement as it did last year.

No matter the reasons, he needs to get it figured out: the Astros have no shot to make the playoffs without Andy returning to his "normal" form.

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

He's usually more effective late-season and playoff time anyway, although he is struggling more than usual early this season.

He'll get better as he goes along...

10. BSW

BSW Contributing Member

Didn't he struggle to start the season last year too?

If I recall he even went on the DL for a bit last season too in the beginning.

11. CHAD444

CHAD444 Contributing Member

3 hitter today........looks good now........remember he led the league with the lowest ERA after the all-star break!!!!! he will still win 16+........and maybe a no hitter this year is in his future i can feel it....

12. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I sure hope this game means Petite is back on track.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nothing is wrong with him.

14. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Complete game 3-hit shutout. How far off track could he be? ;)