1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Dynamo vs. F*C* Dallas

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, May 3, 2006.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The in-state rivalry kicks off this weekend at Robertson Stadium when Dallas comes to town. Game time is 7:30 on Saturday and will be shown on FSN Houston.

The team is selling a "Rivalry Pack" were if you buy 4 tickets you get 4 t-shirts with them. Also, they are setting up "La Doce", a supporters group in section 207 with $12 tickets.

The atmosphere should be great with a large crowd and over 50 people from Dallas taking a bus up.

This will also be Brian Ching's last game until after the World Cup.

2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I think I am gonna go, No Astros in town Saturday and the last chance to see Ching.

3. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

F.U. Dallas!!!!! GO DYNAMO!!!!!!

4. B-BallGuy

B-BallGuy Member

This is gonna be a great game.

I wonder who will fill in for Ching during the WC. My guess would be the small but speedy Cerritos. I hope De Rosario can bring it to another level and pickup the slack b/c other than ching this year no one has been that great. Onstad has played below my expectations especially since i thought winning the goalkeeper of the year would motivate him even more to try and defend it.

We will need to push the ball and make good crosses. Our defense led by lanni has to not calm down after they score a goal.(they have improved on that since game 1 but still need more practice at the consistency)

I look for a great game and a big rivalry building up!!!

Go Dynamo

P.S. This is my first post in the forum.

5. DrLudicrous

How ironic that B-BallGuy's first post is about soccer. Welcome to the board.

I agree with most of your points, but Ianni hasn't even played, he started the season injured and is sitting on the bench now.

Cerritos will probably fill in for Ching, he'll probably get a start this weekend since Moreno got a red card last week. Also, Marcus Storey, a Houston native, could see some play time off the bench with Ching gone.

6. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Does anyone know the name of this rivalry between the two teams? Should we call it the "I-45 Cup" or the "Texas Derby"

7. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Ianni has yet to play in a match with the Dynamo. Do you mean Serrioux?

8. Rockets10

Rockets10 Contributing Member

I can't wait for this game. I think I am going to do some tailgating before this one too. It should be an exciting game, not only b/c it's against Dallas, but b/c Dallas is actually good. Hopefully a good crowd turns out as well . . . :)

9. wiws316

wiws316 Member

Hope The dynamo win...i might attend just to see my boy Carlos "Pescadito" Ruiz play.......and try to get him to sign my guatemala jerseys :D

10. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Got my tickets...should be a great game but hopefully the weather will be as nice as it has been in the evening lately.

The ticket rep who I spoke to said that it looks like the F.C. Barcelona game will be at Reliant (about 90% sure). I definetly can see that game being in the high 60,000's especially since it will likely be against America or Chivas. If you get a game pack, you get put on the reserve list for tickets to the game. Just a heads up.

11. B-BallGuy

B-BallGuy Member

Yea. I have no idea why i said lanni, i guess i was thinking about him but thats not who i meant. Thnx for the correction.

12. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

13. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

what is a dynamo? whatever happened to the name 1836?

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Fu.C Dallas... DrL, the chant at your Army's section should be "F-U... Dal-laaaas..."
    dynamo - (n) an energetic, otherwise electrified individual

I'll buy you a dictionary, Don Juan De Marco. :D ;)

Some crap about how we "Mexicans" didn't like it... bologna... I never complained NOTHING. :rolleyes:

I'd love to see a CERRITOS vs. RUIZ rivalry as well (El Salvador vs. Guatemala)...

15. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

it's not important, soccer isn't a real sport.

16. wiws316

wiws316 Member

wow, i almost forgot Cerritos was from salvador.....this rivalry might be a possibility, ha should be a great game :D :D

17. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Really? Then why is it the world's most popular sport?

18. DrLudicrous

I've got an extra ticket I'm giving away, if you want it send me an email through the board.

19. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I've never followed Soccer except the US National Team before, are the Dynamo's gonna really be hurtin for offense when Brian leaves for the national team?

20. DrLudicrous

Ching missed half of last season with injuries and they were still ended up with the best record in the league so they should be ok. De Resario is more important to our attack, as long as he's playing they should do fine.