1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many games will the Texans win next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by jopatmc, Apr 28, 2006.

?

How many games will the Texans win in 2006?

Poll closed Aug 26, 2006.
  1. 3 or less wins

24.1%
  2. 4 wins

10.8%
  3. 5 wins

11.4%
  4. 6 wins

13.3%
  5. 7 wins

16.5%
  6. 8 wins

10.1%
  7. 9 wins

7.0%
  8. 10 wins

3.8%
  9. 11 wins

0.6%
  10. 12 or more wins

2.5%
  1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Well, now that the suspense is over, it's time to move on. Now, that all the Kubiak lovers have turned into Kubiak haters and all the Bush lovers are moving to New Orleans, NY, or SF, let's get down to the heart of the matter.

How many games is this team going to win next season?

I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that Kubiak will be a great coach and this team will turn around and win 9, count 'em 9 games next season.

I think that underneath all the garbage we are going to hear and have heard, that we are going to be much improved on both sides of the ball and will at least hit .500 this coming season.

2. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

0-17. That's how bad.

#2 Rule0001, Apr 28, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I think we'll win 7 games. I think we've done a nice job of upgrading the offense in the offseason. Adding Moulds and Putzier represent threats at positions that we had atrocious talent at last season. We've upgraded two spots on the line with the addition of Flanagan, since McKinney is a better left guard and Flanagan's a pretty good center. I'd really like to see us take O-line with our second rounder to help out our right side of the line. It's yet to be determined whether the new zone blocking scheme will help us out.

Last season our defense was dead last in points allowed. It clear that we needed to make a major move for that side of the ball. Adding a legit pass rusher with Mario, in addition to grabbing Cowart and Weaver are a nice upgrade in my view. I'd like to see us get a cornerback in the draft to keep P-Burnt off the field.

Remember, we should have won at least 4-5 games this past season if it weren't for our "miraculous endings" that we became famous for.

4. bigben998

bigben998 Member

WHO THE F#@* CARES ANYMORE, I AM SHOCKED, I THINK I JUST SH*# MY PANTS, Casserley just signed his death warrant,

5. Willy92683

Willy92683 Member

Once again Casserly has screwed the Texans with another terrible draft pick a.k.a. Jason Babin and Tony Hollings. :mad: He should be fired right away!

This teams needs offense NOT defense, domanick davis can't stay healthy for a full year everyone knows that except Casserly

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well, if our resident "insider(s)" is are to be believed, I wouldn't blame C-Cass, as McNair was alleged to be the man in control- or was he? I don't really know who to believe anymore.

I'm sure that 6:30 pm Reggie Bush press conference will happen tomorrow though - in NO/Oak/NY/Gb.

7. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

there will be a 630 news conference tommorrow for sure- just no bush. I was right on the 630 :(

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Thanks, that was really profound...

I pretty much agree with all of this, except that I think we ran the zone blocking scheme last year and, believe it or not, our running game was actually pretty good until DD got hurt.

Hopefully we can get help at the OL and DB positions in the later rounds of the draft. Everyone talks about our offense, but our D needs help big time.

The shock of tonights news is just starting to wear off, but it is what it is. I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to move on. I'm sticking to my original prediction of 7 or 8 wins. Go Mario. Go Texans.

9. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

you got it the other way around

10. xlr817

xlr817 Member

WOW! I really like this pick! Super Mario to terrrorize the opposing QB's! Last season, they all had field days, with the Texans CRAPPY D! Now put Weaver on the other side...........YES! The sacks should INCREASE next year! :D The Texans can always find a RB in the later rounds, becuz this draft is fairly deep!

11. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

2-14, with another #1 pick.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Six wins. And a lot of red and blue plastic showing by season's end...

13. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Kubiak will make a difference, I say seven.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

have you seen the schedule? pretty tough.

i say 14.

15. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

16. MadMax

8 games? really? we're gonna play the NFC East. i know that the NFL changes from year to year big time. i know that worst to first things happen with some frequency in the NFL. but i just can't imagine this team improving 6 games next season. with the exception of moulds, we added some average players to play in place of sucky players.

in all seriousness...i say 5-6 wins.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think it's very possible. By adding Flanagan, you are able to move McKinney to his natural position. There's still a good chance that they add another OL with the second pick as well. We have a proven 1,000 yard rusher and, even if he can't stay healthy, both Wells and Morency had good games last year in place of DD. Add a better OL, more receiving options, an actual TE and better coaching and I wonder how anyone can't see the vast improvement on the offensive side of the ball with or without Bush.

On defense, they're switching from the 3-4, drafting a stud DE after signing a very serviceable DE and LB in the offseason. Dunta is one of the better CBs in the league and we'll add more defensive players today. We've got a great return guy and kicker.

I'm normally one who hates to rewrite history, but we really should've won five games last year. I don't think it's out of the question at all for this team to win 8 games this year. I'm also not convinced that the NFC East will be some unstoppable force.

18. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

You are more optimistic than I. I voted 3 or less.

Hey Max, what did I say about the Texans always disappointing on draft day? Anyway I fear the worst is still yet to come.

19. MadMax

ok. i just think we have/had too many holes. too many holes that, if filled,will now be filled by rookies. i think flanagan, at this stage of his career, is just a pretty average center (which is still an improvement!). i can't imagine the offensive line all of a sudden being this great force protecting carr....particularly when they're trotting out the same players. as for scheme...houston went to zone blocking years ago.

i think they earned 2-14. they sucked on offense. they sucked on defense. they lost to bad teams.

but as i said last night...all of this stuff is so amusing to me at this point that i have a hard time thinking about what it all means from a football perspective. the story here isn't about what's on the field.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If I predicted the OL to be great, I'd go 10+ wins. I think they'll be average, which will be a huge improvement.

This is one of the funniest moments in the history of the BBS. It's been so hard not to post to every person crying "We're not taking Bush, get over it" as condescendingly as I can. :)

I have no problem whatsoever with the pick. I am kinda bummed because it would've been nice to have someone like Bush as the face of your franchise, but for all the people whining about that, who thought someone like Tom Brady was going to be the face of the franchise when he was drafted?