1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Casserly to Resign as Texans GM

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by moestavern19, Apr 25, 2006.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying I disagree with you on the job Casserly has done, I just thought it was silly to tell the guy he was "cherry picking" when it was something he readily admitted to to begin his post.

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I don't have much of a problem with the stuff you mentioned in your post except for this. If he is a real gm then he finds a way to not let crap deals like those two happen.

Bottom line is that on his watch, through draft and free agency, CC brought in a pathetic amount talent to the team and that, along with the crappy coaching, shined through last year.

4 years and you only have one wr, a crappy OL, and pretty much no one that is noteworthy on d outside of Dunta.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i don't know how you can argue with this. there is no franchise that had a bigger chance to make a splash over the last 4 years in the draft than the expansion Houston Texans. they've absolutely bungled it.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

And Bush isn't going to save the franchise...He'll be good, but you don't need a bigtime RB to win, at least not with this new scheme...

GM will be apart of this decision and he'll be the scapegoat or the hero...

5. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Understand, I find it hard to find any good out of the CC regime.

I let my emotions get the best of me, I haven't liked any of his drafts since the first one and just have a difference of philosophy on how to build a franchise.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Burnt Toast Buchanon for a 2nd round pick.

sigh.

I'll miss you charlie.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'm with most everyone on this one. It's amazing that we could shore up a huge number of our needs in one offseason with a new coaching staff in place and we couldn't do that in our first four years. In one offseason, it is likely that we'll have a more versatile defense, a much improved offense including a legit second receiver and tight end and depth on both lines.

If we land solid prospects at DL, OL and CB in the draft, we'll have addressed nearly every need in one offseason.

8. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

You don't deserve credit for not screwing up high 1st-round draft choices.

Are the GM's picking Bush, Young, Leinhart etc. going to deserve props for their genius?

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Bye Bye CC, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

It's amazing how a guy who had a decent (at best) stint with the Skins and who did a horrible job with the Texans could actually get promoted.

AJ, DD, Pitts, and Dante have been the only highlights in the draft w/ CC at the wheel. The verdict is still out on TJohnson, and on David Carr (for the most part), but it's clear to anyone that watches NFL football that Carr was not the best player in the draft.

Babin, Hollings, P-burnt, Joppru was just a waste of picks, high picks on top of that. Whether it was Capers or whoever making the call, CC is the one that makes the deals at the end of it all.

I'm glad we used 1st day picks on guys like Hollings and Ragone, 3rd string players, when we have had obvious holes in the OL from day 1.

10. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Nail. Meet head.

EVERY team that has had the #1 pick since the late 1990s... EXCEPT FOR ONE... has made the playoffs within four years, including the expansion Cleveland Browns. Which lone team has bucked the trend? The answer is right under your nose.

Buh-bye, Chaz Casserole. I wish I could say "you suck utter and complete ass," but that statement would be sugarcoating it.

11. bigben998

bigben998 Member

Thats completely NOT what i heard, Granted i dont have any sources for this(i will research), but i heard casserly is holding the reins for this draft, i was about to start a thread about this, saw this one just in time. I heard he is holding a good deal of influence in the war room. I'm sure kubiack has a lot more say, but just the fact that he has an opinion in the war room is killing me right now. I HATE THIS MAN!!!! I cannot believe he has been here as long as he has, name one good thing this guy has done for the organization, besides andre johnson, that pick is a no brainer.

12. BSW

BSW Contributing Member

:)
    As of right now he is not working for the team. Nothing stating that he won't be in the future.