1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OT: Wang Zhizhi Aspires To Team Up with Yao Ming Again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pryuen, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

I was kidding.

2. SunsRocketsfan

haha sorry.. normally i would think your comment is sarcasm but since there are sooo many irrational chinese fans on here that seme to love wang and want him on this team just because we have yao has gotten to me. So i thought you were one of those crazy chinse fans ;)

3. cwww

cwww Member

I think the article is alright, since it's related to Yao, but those Wang Zhizhi pictures shouldn't be posted here, he's got nothing to do with the Rockets...

4. langal

langal Contributing Member

i'm a crazy chinese fan so i say invite him to camp. see what he has.

If he can make the team then we sign him to the league minimum. wouldn't hurt to have a tall shooter on the end of the bench.

the Rox are definitely experienced dealing with Mandarin-speaking players so we might get more benefit than most teams with less cost. also - his poor defense and english skills would make JVG's head explode in practice.

no risk for very minimal gain :p Maybe Wang can run for the Houston mayor's office on day.

we're not as crazy as you think... some named Ryan Bowen is in the rotation.

and yes ... Yao+Wang > Ralph+Akeem

5. langal

his mug cracked my monitor's screen.

we haven't had a "most-ugly player" candidate since Cassell left.

another reason to sign him ASAP.

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Now that has to sarcasm

7. langal

not at all. Ralph and Akeen are pushing 50. actually akeem could probably still play in the league if he really really wanted to.

8. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Isnt that just what we need ? :p

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nothing but Head and Wang Jokes. . . .

When he plays weak ,. . .he'd be Chicken Wang
    and WANG-Ker
    When he pulls a karl malone and kicks someone in the groin Wang Chung

For the sake of Jokes. . .we must get WANG!!

One the real . .. he is the Chinese Matt Bullard

Rocket River

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Wang... Gay... and Head.

11. almostReady

almostReady Member

Please, please,

NO MORE Wang Zhizhi and Yi Jianlian in GARM (unless it's absolutely Rockets related).

These two sucks! (by NBA standard). No Wang, No Yi, No Wang, No Yi, ......

12. bulk

bulk Member

Come on, this is the off season. What else you wanna talk? Dalla's win maybe ...

13. GrapeJuices

GrapeJuices Contributing Member

Man I hope this is a sarcastic thread. So many people here argue for wang so blindly and make such ridiculous statements that I'm usually left stuttering for words because I cannot believe the idiocracy that people come up with to blindly defend for their superstar.

WANG DOES NOT SHOOT BETTER THAN MOST OF THE ROCKETS ROSTER. The difference in the NBA CBA EUROLEAGUE BLAH BLAH is that it is 10 times harder getting a shot off in the NBA than any other league. NBA players are stronger, play harder defense, and are quicker. Meaning if a player is shooting good in another league, you have to translate it into NBA numbers. So YAO MING shooting 70% in CBA = 55% in the NBA. Wang shooting 40% or whatever in CBA = 25% in the NBA.

Btw Rybo's hustle and defense will MORE THAN MAKE UP FOR THESE ****TY PLAYERS "GOOD OFFENSE."

14. bulk

bulk Member

In 137 NBA games Wang has played, he had .417 FG% and .385 3P%. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3510. Clearly, this is not 'shooting 40% or whatever in CBA = 25% in the NBA.'

It's normal for fans here to know nothing about Wang. But not knowing anything about what you talking about while pointing finger at others will really make people 'left stuttering'.

And FYI, nobody here, including the 'crazy Chinese fans', take Wang as a 'superstar'. He's one key player in CNT, and a player some think good enough to sit on Rockets bench. That's all.

15. qrui

qrui Member

pwned :D

16. hz10

hz10 Contributing Member

Wang's problem in NBA was playing zero defense and foul trouble. His O game is OK.

17. langal

RELAX. - all I said was maybe we invite him to camp. There's a big difference between giving someone a TRYOUT and signing him to a 3 year deal. I don't think my post qualifies as "defending my superstar".

Despite what the percentages say - he is a decent outside shooter - just jacks up too many of them.

And no - I don't think Rybo's hustle and defense make up for much of anything. The guy has no talent and shouldn't be on the roster. Rybo comes in = Yao gets swarmed.

18. big11

big11 Contributing Member

Wang will be a damn good player if given the right opportunity. Let's bring him in for a tryout, there's nothing to lose really.

19. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Hakeem is from Nigeria, right? Shouldn't we invite the next best Nigerian prospect to play for the Rockets?

That should put us over the top.

20. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Wang will lead the CNT to play the Dream Team two games in China this summer. Let's see what he can do since Yao is out.