1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NOW WHAT? Van Goofy Has Gone Too Far!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kerry Mckee, Apr 11, 2006.

1. docgundy

docgundy Member

All you JVG haters are forgetting Billy Cunningham. JVG is basically a reincarnation of Cunningham. Cunningham, had he continued coaching, would easily be a top 3 coach of all time.

2. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Cunningham, Cunningham. Cunningham, Cunningham.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

this is one of the dumbest threads in the history of clutchfans. yeah no reason for a healthly yao ming to go out and do what he gets paid millions upon millions of dollars to do. I love yao and it totally sucks that he got hurt but i can't possibly get my head around the dumb-f#$k logic it requires to blame this on van gundy. congratulations for the slow destruction of all that is good in this forum.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

couldnt have said it better. it really is pathetic

5. Panda

Panda Member

It was stupid to let Yao play the meaningless games. It was stupid to assume players have to play games to be professional with legit reasons to be out. It is stupid and gutless to say revenue over a few meaningless games is more important than a healthy Yao.

You guys wouldn't want to make Yao play if you KNEW it beforehand. Whoever wants Yao to play knowing it beforehand needs to get his brain examined.

6. thiagu88

thiagu88 Contributing Member

nope i dont think he has one

7. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

It's stupidity beyond redemption !

:mad:

8. zong

zong Member

The season summary:

Rox has a broken season.
    Tmac has a broken(?) back.
    Yao has a broken foot.
    JVG has a broken brain.

9. clutch0734

clutch0734 Member

Well I see both points...all the other teams are tanking it to get a better pick..ie..Wolves...so why shouldn't the rockets play teh same way....Every body is saying its Van Gundy's fault which is ridiculous because he didnt break his foot.....Yao needs more experiecen however he shoulnd't be playing big minutes...If it is true that Yao's ankle was hurt goign in the game, then he shouldn't have been playing.....he'll be back fine next year....

10. clutch0734

clutch0734 Member

Look....the time table they are giving of 4-6 months is to save Yao from his commintments..The rockets know what yao is capable with the summer off...He will be full strenght for the first time..well rested...this injury doesn't take 6 months to heel..they said that so it will give them an exdcuse to hold him out of the World Championships in August...they have everthing to gain from giving a longer than needed rehab..what good what it do if they Said Yao will be out 4-6 weeks...the season would be over..this way he can sit back and relax..hopeflly they will lose their remianig games and get a higher pick...Yao comes back rested and ready to go....They are planning for next year...out of the other players who had this injury..Jordan, Bibby, Mohammed..none of them took 6 month to recover so why Yao...because they want him to take 6 months off....anyways....we should worry more aoubt Tmac's back which is chronic and Sura coming bakc.....i'm already looking forward to next year....

11. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

even outa the playoffs you think that the rockets would have been able to make any money without yao in the line up....man shut up with the blaiming van gundy for the break, he didnt kick him okur did if anything blaim him...playing on the injured ankle did not lead to breaking the foot, okur kicking him lead to the break....shut up and quit b****ing and get ready for next season....where yao will be healed by then...think of it like this he doesnt have to play this summer for china.....ass

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well, if I knew a car accident was going to happen in my morning commute, I might stay home that day. But I don't know that, and I can't skip every day of work on the off chance that might happen.

13. terse

terse Member

The last line is so true! :D :D :mad: :mad:

14. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Yeah, you know that because...?

It is not like CNT doesn't have physicians to check on Yao. Do you really think they can be fooled so easily? There is not point to lie outright. CD is not that stupid.

15. Simpa

Simpa Member

by saying so u mean the rox should play yao to sell the tickets of the remaining 4 or 5 games at the risk of possible injuries that will put him out for the entire next season? that's interesting! :confused:

plus, yao gets paid much less than 100 million USD, check it out first before u say anything plz :cool:

16. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

*yawn* you and canoner should get together and b*tch.

17. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

you can **** yourself.

18. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Bron bron sprained his ankle last night. You think they would put him back in the game if there was a back to back tonight?

19. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

You think the Chinese Officials are not smelling conspiracy already?

You can bet on it now - they will ask Yao to come back home and be examined by their team doctor.

There is almost no way the Chinese officials will take this "lying down". Yao will definitely go back to China whether he is in crutches or not. My fear is that they may force him to play even if he will be bare 80% - 90% by August.

We shall see.

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I'm still kind of blown away that a lot of you are implying that Yao's foot being kicked, and subsequently broken, had something to do with a twisted ankle. If his ankle wasn't twisted and he still broke his foot, I'm sure 90% of the people b*tching would still find a way to blame JVG.

And WTF are you talking about? Players play hurt all the time (no starter in the NBA is 100% at this time in the season). So anytime Yao is a bit gimpy, he shouldn't play because somehow that might lead to some major injury???

I realize how much JVG haters there are here...and though I am def. not one of them, I can see a lot of your reasoning behind hating him so much. But lots of people on this MB (I usually just lurk) blame him for way too much...this being a perfect example

IMO, the bottom line is this...injuries, not coaching, is why we are not in the playoffs. If we had a healthy squad (or even semi-healthy) and didn't have to play scrubs all the time and we still lost, then it's time to blame the coach.