1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Times]Jesus 'denied he was son of God'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Perverted by definition is deviating from what is considered right and correct. When dealing with religion, I am right and you are wrong; from your perspective, you are right and I am wrong. With something as abstract as that, either we both are perverts or the notion of perversion cannot be applied. And about my bias, there are literally hundreds of thousands of documents which paint Jesus as a prophet of God as opposed to being God, or the son of God and my intentions were not to use my bias to convience on the Debate & Discussion members that what I posted was the truth. My intentions were to share an interesting controversy among two authors who dabble in Christian themes. Then, you have posters like bigtexxx and yourself who march on a horse of Christendom to condemn my post because I am an infidel.
    I would appologize to those who wish to chasten my thread and me, but then out of nowhere I have an epiphany (Not of Jesus) and I realize this forum is known as debate and discussion. Yet no where do I see in the description the phrase "troll and flame". Maybe I forgot to read the changes in the net-etiquette on the BBS (no, wait, in the report prompt it forbids problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts) , or perhaps it is time to either put up some substance (as little as it may be) and quit this game of insulting and retreating.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you all know who I say Jesus is.

i have no problems with threads like this. i'm not offended in any way, Azadre. question away. you should.

3. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Where does it said I put down a religion, you need to read my post. And please stop putting words that isn't there, it's childish. And I'm not sure why you enjoy putting down posters, and not get a response. And I don't have a problem, thank you. I just have my opinions, like you do. Plus, I have read many of your posts in the past, in which some I disagree, but I never took cheap shots @ you. But for the most part I like your convictions & your passionate about your opinions, which is great!

4. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

LOL. I don't follow any religion. I was pointing out that when you say 'your personal belief is that jesus is not the son of god' that opinion is formed from your beliefs as a muslim. That's all. I think it's funny.

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

He had prob wasted enough time in this thread as it is.

6. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists, Agnostics, Native American Religions, and of course Muslims do not believe Jesus is the son of God. Yet, this thread is not about that, now is it? It is about an author writing plausible letters written by Jesus. Also, if you have any religion then you have absolutely no basis to call me a pervert.

#66 Ubiquitin, Apr 10, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  7. Cohen

I was unaware that you were a troll.

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I understand this may be a day late, but just wanted to wish all of our Christian BBS brethren a blessed Palm Sunday and a blessed Easter.

9. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I said your perception is perverted by your beliefs. So the thought of you wanting to have a free thinking discussion about this is not possible. You can't sit there and think about this without your prejudices because your self-identity was formed through another religion. So of course you are wanting to say: 'hey look at this, I found this and this supports my beliefs, lets have a debate discussion about it' and I'm saying that is rubbish, you can't have a free thinking discussion because your perception on this will come from the the dominant part of the brain that says "I am a muslim"

Look, I know when it comes to wanting to have debates and discussions, what I'm saying, the reality of it, it kind of takes the fun out of it all, so forget about it, and do what you gotta do.

10. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I quoted the specific part of the story because of what I felt would make the best hook for this particular thread. Bringing up my faith is moot. My faith in Islam is no where near the levels it should be, not where it is for the other posters here, and most importantly this thread is not about Islam. I did not start this thread with the declaration I am a Muslim. Had you not known I was Muslim before reading this thread (or texxx's harassment), then you would have discussed the fact a Christian author is writing about a book about letters supposedly written by Jesus himself. I posted this thread to witness the theological debate on the issue by the boards' multiple faiths. I realize I am not disscussing the article, but at this point I am defending my character due to the libel being thrown at me.

There are some very intelligent posters on this board who know a lot about Christianity, this thread was meant to serve as an alterative to the daily threads: Iraq is going to hell, Liberals hate the Army, George Bush screws up again, Muslims are going to eat your children, etc. This thread has potential because it was a fresh subject, a relavent issue, and a way to express one's viewpoint on the issue. It is not a thread for bashing Christians, Muslims or any one else.

11. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I was beginning to think no one saw my joke!

I can't wait until the next abortion thread inevitably pops up...I have some great dead baby jokes.

12. Cohen

I was weak. They were able to ignore you.

13. MadMax

thanks, man!!!! :)

14. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Michael Baigent and his colleagues that helped him write "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" admitted to making most of it up. Not to mention that they are known for jazzing up history in many of their other novels. I don't see why this thread is in the D&D given the lack of credibility of the authors....

15. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit Member

If someone DOESN'T believe that Jesus is the son of God, they are not a christian.

16. MadMax

sorry if it sounds exclusionary, but i think that's right.

i don't believe that the Koran is God's testimony through Muhammad. i don't believe Muhammad to be a prophet...it would be absolutely insulting to everyone who is Muslim to now say, "hey...I'm a Muslim." i'm not.

17. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

By all accounts, isn't everyone a son of god?

18. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I am the first cousin twice removed of God.

19. MadMax

it's meant in a different way. the Jewish people were looking for this person. the messiah. God's own. he's foretold over and over again in the Old Testament. now you can say that Jesus isn't that guy...that "that guy" is someone else or hasn't come on the scene yet. so when he's called Son of Man...or Son of David...or, yes, Son of God....that's something special to the people in that culture.

#79 MadMax, Apr 11, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  20. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Jesus Walks

God show me the way - the devil's tryin ta break me down

the only think that i pray is that my feet dont fail me now
    ---------

its important to remember that as a Christian, we celebrate Jesus' death and resurection every Sunday. There's nothing particulary special about the Easter celebration. It just creates a chance for the whole world to come together to think about life, Jesus, or whatever it is that they might see as spiritually key to the individual.