1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who voted Yao as the second most overrated player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by billybartlels, Apr 6, 2006.

1. billybartlels

billybartlels Member

Since we have been running out of topics, how about let's list all the potential players who voted Yao Ming as the second most overrated player.

We are all amzaed at Yao's performance after All Star Game, and we have
    given tons of analyses to explain why Yao erupts. Many people mentioned that being elected by his peers as the second most overrated player must piss Yao off. I do believe in it as Yao has a deep "revenge" mind.

I can easily think of the following players who voted Yao as the second most overrated player.

In the west:
    1. Eric Dampier -- the self claimed second best center, no more words here
    2. Amare Stoudmire -- he must hate Yao being a default All Star Game starting center
    3. Paul Gasol -- fill words here

In the east:
    1. Shaq -- so many reasons...
    2. Big Ben -- possible?
    3. Big Z -- possible?

Ok I just throwed a stone into water. Let's compile such a list, and somebody please send this list to Yao Ming so that Yao will kick their asses hard on the court. Hey don't put a rocket name on that list, otherwise next time when Yao grabs a defensive rebound he will just dunk it. :)

2. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

why the 2nd best center in the west of course

3. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Anybody but Shaq. He respects Yao.

4. rocketsinsider

camby offcourse, he was pissed when yao was voted in,and basically every other center in the league

5. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

Sad world we live in, even in this modern day and age, racism still exists.

Yao is THE best center in the world, bar none. That is just pure hate to say he is overrated.

Shaq is a has been.

6. smartxtai

smartxtai Contributing Member

Racism does exist... but in this particular situation, I think you are referring to prejudice, not racism.

7. Zach Kang

Zach Kang Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

rafer alston

9. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Well, to cut them a little slack, they would have had a point in his first two all star appearances. Pure hate? I don't think so. Pride? Maybe.

Shaq is a has been? Now wouldn't you be guilty of exactly the same thing you are whining about? He happens to be the second best center in the league.

10. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

Let me rephrase that

Shaq is aging and on a rapid decline

11. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I would like to say it is prejudism. And say that basketball players are just protecting the American philosophy of basketball training. Because Yao was taught in China, it's nationalism that is the motive.

People wanted Dirk to fail, Stojakovic to fail, Hakeem to fail, etc. To this day, Hakeem who played in a talent filled NBA isn't given proper respect for what he could do at seven feet tall. He was an awsome finess Center. Too bad he never had the players around him his whole career.

I think street ball is the true hater of sound philosophical basketball skills.

12. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I'd think more perimeter oriented type ballhogs or anyone who likes to dunk a lot. Besides the obvious rivalry issues like Gasol, Amare, etc, no one with a sound basketball mind would call Yao overrated. How many of the leagues great players have jocked Yao long long long before he had his coming out party post All-Star break?

"gift from God"-Allen Iverson

Lets make this a quote thread like the one above!

13. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

No wonder a certain street-ball legend doesn't pass Yao the ball enough. ;)

14. firstlove

firstlove Member

tracy ? :p oh ,what i am saying

15. Simpa

Simpa Member

What about Chris Kaman?

Well I think he respects Yao now, but what about before Yao's outburst? :cool:

16. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

Well, whoever they were, I disagree with them but they formed their opinions based on Yao's performance before the ASG. It's unfair to knock on them just because of Yao's post ASG dominance.

17. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Yao has always owned Kaman.

18. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I think Kaman didn't say much about Yao, it was Elton Brand who claimed that Kaman was the best center in the West.

19. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Yao overrated? Yao action speak louder than words.

Fact of Yao now

Yao Ming of Houston has been the most dominant big man in the league since the All-Star break. He is scoring a league-best 7.1 more points a game (among players who averaged at least 10 points a game before the break) than he did before the break.

Since the break, he has averaged 26.8 points, increasing his overall average from 19.6 to 22.5. He is also averaging 10.2 rebounds, 1.7 blocks and is shooting 51.7% from the field for the season.

Another place where he separates himself from the league's other centers is at the free throw line, where he is shooting 84.9%. Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki and Chauncey Billups are the only other players in the league making at least six free throws a game and shooting at least 84%.

20. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Yao's performance is not that bad even before ASG. 19/9 was as good as any Centers if not better (of course, nobody knew at that time he played with a rotten toe).