1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/5/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 5, 2006.

1. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

Exactly! Yao finally realized that the best way to make sure this roster gets purged is to go along with these duds who can't quite get it through their heads that the 7-6 guy should be the first, second, and third option every trip down the court. Attaboy Yao, help them play themselves off the roster and get us more ping pong balls. :D

2. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

I am SOOO HAPPY we lost. When Yao's last shot did not go in, I had a BIG smile on my face.

Tank time baby. :D

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

what a weird night. San Antonio lost to Sacramento at home, Knicks beat Cleveland, Minny lost to Atlanta and now this..

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I want a high pick but losing without putting any effort is unacceptable.

5. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Yao bashing should begin. Funny, nowadays, we really lost heart in bashing Yao. All we can say is Yao had a bad game, Yao had a horrible game, Yao heart was not in the game, Yao is thinking about marriage, Yao lost interesting, Yao know what is good for the team and Yao should be sat for the rest of the season. Hmm....are Rockets' fans soft. :D

6. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

7. RocketTempo

RocketTempo Contributing Member

I desparately want Yao's buzzer beater more than tanking the game. Come on, we got tons of games to tank, but Yao's buzzer beater is so rare to see :(

8. vizier

vizier Member

i admire yao's team first attitude in the lose(or win should you mean it). he sacrificed his personal stats in order to make the team win(in a lost game).
    sometimes a lose is a win and sometimes a win is worse than a lose.....:

9. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

And neither did the 6th. The lottery balls aren't the point. It's all about draft position. If we can position ourselves for the 7th or 8th spot, there's no question we are in better shape than if we stay at 10 or 11. The extra chance to get in the top 3 is just a bonus.

10. SA Rocket

Playing without effort is the only possible way to lose to the Blazers. At least give the rox credit for sticking with a simple game plan...don't try. :)

11. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I am with you. I am dumbfounded to see so many "fans" are cracking jokes and cheering for losing. This team has no identity right now. Even if we get a good pick in the draft, it's still a gamble that's largely dependent on talent scouting and it wouldn't solve our problems with the current core starting lineup. I think the coaching staff and the management know better than the casual fans when is time to tank. I watched the later part of the Knicks game tonight, even they were not playing to lose.

12. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Well, Yao should have fought hard to get his average and then give out some hard fouls, like block the hell of someone.

13. SA Rocket

Bingo! The only way we'd care about this game after tonight is if we won. Not because of some "feel good" moment to carry into next year. We'd care because we'd be pissed during the draft..."if we'd only lost that stupid game to Portland we'd be picking 1,2,3 or whatever(depending on possible tiebreakers)slots earlier and we could've had a shot at ???":mad:

Remember when the Niners were celebrating that stupid game winning field goal? How good does that feel now,three weeks from the draft, that they're picking 6th instead of 3rd or 4th or whatever it would've been? That win means jack now.

14. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I mean if you really want to tank, do it the right way. Play hard, execute game plan, and beat the crap of opposing team for 1st half or 3 quarters of the game. Then, clear your bench and have fun.

#274 wnes, Apr 5, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Before I read any posts I want to have my say. Thank God the Portland Trailblazers beat jvG's SCRUBS . I couldn't think that such a team of poor scrub players be allowed to win a NBA game. Each player on the Rockets showed to-night that they are not worthhy to be anything but the low-lifes of the NBA.The dismal coach was of no help as his game plan and preparation for the game was a bismal failure. As much as I love to watch all the Rockets Games this one was one of the poorest execution and was very disturbing to watch :p

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah well uh the knicks have twice the payroll of any other team almost and dont even get there draft pick this year. so yeah there gonna keep trying to win, there already the laughing stock of the league all the way from the owners to the waterboys.

17. michecon

The Knicks players are fighting for love from Larry Brown. The Rockets players? ... I know Bogans is working on his next contract, the rest? I don't know.

18. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

That's sort of what I meant by saying Yao should have fought hard at the beginning and then sit by fouling out.

19. michecon

The league wouldn't allow you to do that. :p

20. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

That was terrible. Something was awfully wrong tonight. They played world class defense and just gave the game away. On a night when their offense did not suck. That was downright terrible. I can't make heads or tails of it.