1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Gundy II!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 3, 2005.

1. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

It is not? :confused:

2. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Zboy,

Might as well tell you. The Bowen signing was a joke.

Like I said, went right over your head.

Lets call for JVG firing. He signed Bowen to a mega deal! LOL!

3. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Yeah, this is the THIRD most used excuse. Rudy's fault. Maybe you're right, and probably are. Doesn't change a thing though. Van Gundy was hired to correct those problems and hasn't. Traded 3/5 of our starting line-up from a playoff team and has yet to put together a better product.

Its not the Cap, it not the players, it's not Rudy it is JVG and his personnel calls, game-time coaching, and his system which sucks.

4. MasterIce

MasterIce Contributing Member

Excuse me but...Didn't the Rockets finish #5 in the West last season as opposed to the year before where they finished #7. I'd call that a much better product.

Why can't it be the players? I'm not talking about T-Mac. Yao up until this year was soft like charmin. Wesley has been streaky. Sura wasn't healthy. We know what happened with Howard. How many losing seasons has JVG had in his career? How many times have JVG coached teams NOT made the playoffs? You people act like ever since JVG took over we have been in the lottery. It took injuries to BOTH of our star players to put us in this situation. You cannot in good conscience blame the Rockets problems this year on JVG. This team has made the playoffs every season JVG has been here up until this year and it was poised to do even better before all the injuries. Let JVG have a fully healthy T-Mac and Yao next season, and some tweaks to the roster then cast your judgement. Don't cast your judgement on JVG just because the Rockets are down this year w/ injuries.

#644 MasterIce, Apr 4, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  5. krocket

I'd still call this treading water, at best. Into the playoffs and out in the first round.

It can partly be the players, but those were JVG's choices. If there is a problem here, it is of his making and he lives or dies with those choices. Bobby Sura, whom everyone said was injured this year and that was a 'bad' thing, was injured and a huge gamble when we got him. There is nothing new here except that we got part of a year out him. So IMO, JVG gambled and lost.

Excuses don't count for much with your boss, professor or whatever authority figure to whom you report. At $5M/yr, they certainly shouldn't count much for JVG. I have to judge him by results and they aren't pretty.

6. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

See here http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=2267086&postcount=639

7. krocket

URL doesn't work, BTW. I didn't buy it the first time you posted it and I don't buy this time, sorry. That dog (Rudy) jjust won't hunt any longer. JVG has had ample opportunity to correct those problems.

8. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

I have never been of the we must fire Van Gundy mindset even though these threads have been going on all year. But I have now changed my tune. I don't think he can get enough offense in his system to win games. He is also starting to make me not want to watch my favorite team. We averaged less than 90ppg this season and I assume it will be the same next season. I just can't bring myself to watch slow down keep it in the 80's games. I don't care if it is the Rockets or not that is just boring basketball and I want a new coach just to at least make the games interesting. The Rockets are the Astros of the NBA and it is hard to watch the team you love not score and try to win games by seeing who can score the least not who can score the most.

9. Simpa

Simpa Member

JVG completely excludes offense from his system. he keeps complaining about the team's defense after every loss even when their D is actually OK. he just dosen't see the biggest problem for this team is in offense.

what's more, he's made the Rox games so boring to watch, that's not way i want to see them play, so...

FIRE GUNDY!!!

10. MasterIce

MasterIce Contributing Member

I take it you never watched the Rockets back in '94. They won 2 championships playing that same style. The Spurs play a similar style as well. Yes, the Rockets have problems scoring..but that has more to do with the talent on the floor, than coaching. The Rockets right now are missing 20-30ppg out of their lineup, Yao can't make that up by himself. I personally don't care what style they play, the only style I'm interested in is a winning style. JVG is doing the best he can with the talent that is on the floor, and w/o T-Mac or Yao...its not very good...you can't expect to win baskeball games with just role players, which is pretty much what the Rockets have right now aside from Yao.

11. einstein

einstein Member

just fire his arse. it's obvious he isn't going to take us anywhere past the first round. why prolong the pain of having him as a coach?

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I have to pull this up

this guy is making this team worst

he can not pull out the potential that a Bonzi Wells has

he runs the same crap over and over...we will be doomed in playoffs running the same plays

playing rafer as a main point guard is the dumbest thing ever

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I say you are 1/3.

He can't help Bonzi catch passes and teach him how to dribble.

He can't help but start Rafer (for now). I think he needs to yank Rafer earlier in games when he kills us. Today, Rafer only played 14 minutes in the 1st half which is a sign JVG has come around. Starting JL3 or V-Span right now is out of the question.

The sets on offense look horrible. I dare anyone to try and defend what we do in 1/2 court. There is no purpose or method to a good number of our possessions. Either that is true or the players don't believe in the system and they aren't running it with energy. It's very predictable, easy to defend and awful to watch.

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

No, you do not. Some things should be allowed to rest in peace.

15. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

You ACTUALLY brought this thread back from April 2006.

:rolleyes:

16. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

Where are you from? and how old are you? I'm asking this because you cannot put one sentence together without bad grammer taking away from your post. Real Talk.

With that being said....If you were the coach of the Rocket, and had the current roster (with our injuries involved), please explain to everyone what you're strategy would be. I'm extremely curious.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Actually, I've switched clubs now and am accepting memberships to my new club:

Rafer Altson is the most useless piece of crap EVER club.

A bricked three or missed defensive assigment gets you in for life.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

you a racist

I don't wanna talk to you

my sentences are pretty simple

I even don't use punctuation, so people like you would have it easier

goodbye son!

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

That's not the issue

the real problem is that Bonzi can not run his plays,

he is always late setting up a play and most of the time he does not know whom to pass the ball...

Bonzi, intelligence wise, really disappoints me

20. gramineousworld

Mr. Van Gundy is a good man, but not a good coach.