1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Chase

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xcomputerman, Feb 24, 2006.

1. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

OK guys.. we just lost to the Fakers :mad: ... this means that's it... no Playoffs.. I've had hope all the time until that loss... but one thing comes to my mind..JJ Redick... so please... it's TANK TIME baby... rest Yao and T-mac... get rid of Howard, Head, Rybo, Alston, Lampe, and Brunson.. Start Swift and get us a good SG and a backup for Sura.. and I guarantee we will win a Championship...

2. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

No tanking, but this was our last loss. Our .500 tragic number is 1.

3. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

gotta win out to make 500 and then just hope.

4. akuma

akuma Member

how can a team like the freaking Nets win 12 straight (many against good teams like Detroit, Dallas, Phoenix, Miami and Memphis) and by double digits for most of them and the Rockets can't even pull 5 in a row?

5. dygaction

dygaction Member

RJ is back and merges into the system very well. Kristic is developing very fast. The most important, Carter is playing at TMac level :mad:

6. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

The Nets are the real deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Detroit in the ECF with the way their playing. If they keep this up, they're going to have too much momentum for any team.

7. docgundy

docgundy Member

Think about it friends. We play Seattle next. That's a win. Then those Jail Blazers. Win. Warriors. Win. 3 game win streak, we're riding on confidence, beat Sacto, then beat a must-win of a back to back at Utah. We come back home, TMac will be ready, and we win out the rest of the games. This road trip is the key though.

8. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

If T-Mac is ready.

We'll need him against Minny and San Antonio. If we lose any of these road games, I really think our playoff hopes are over.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

5 1/2 out with 9 to play and the 8 seed has 8 to play. It's over. Good night.

10. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

I agree. :(

11. akuma

akuma Member

if the Rockets win the next 5 (this is the unbelievable part), including the games against the Kings and Jazz, they'll be at 37-41 and owning 2 tie-breakers. the Kings would have lost at least one against Houston. the Kings next 3 games are all road games (they don't play well on the road) against Mavs (due for a win), Spurs (very good at home), and the Clippers (still smarting from their last lost to the Kings). they play at home against Pheonix, a very good road team.

it's not within reason that the Kings could lose all five games. in a way, i'm more concerned about the Hornets who also have to lose 5 of the next 10 games but against weaker competition. but it's not over yet. we have to wait and see how the "other" teams do as the Rockets just threw away control of their destiny.

12. clutch0734

clutch0734 Member

I think if they still hvae a chance if they can only lose 1 more game..they need TMAC back though...hey, i heard TMAC is travelling with the team...does that mean he could come back on this road trip?..why else would he travel...the rockets are downlplaying it sayig that he just wants to hang out with the guys..but I think they migh use him in SAC game if we have a chance for playoffs..has anyone else heard anything?

13. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - I'm sure you will - but right now, Sac is 38-36; we are at 32-41. If they lose every game they have left, we still need to win 7 more games out of our remaining 9 to make it. Any combination of 3 Rockets losses or Queens wins means our season is over.

Their remaining schedule is tougher than ours, but there is ZERO margin for error from here on out.

14. akuma

akuma Member

if Sacramento loses their last eight games finishing 38-44, the Rockets have a solid chance of getting into the playoffs. they could lose 3 more games and still go in as long as Utah and New Orleans finish 38-44 and 37-45 respectively. but to be realistic, the Rockets can't lose another game. it's 9-0 from here on out. every single game (even the one against the Spurs) is must-win.

15. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

the game against the Spurs is the easiest game...it's the last game of the season and Spurs wont play starters to rest them..(they already clinched playoffs)

16. clutch0734

clutch0734 Member

I know Im crazy..but I hope rockets win..win their next 4 or 5 in a row...put some heat on the Kings who will lost their next 3 before we play them....just to make it interesting...
    Hey today's paper says Mcgrady out for remainder of season...if rockets get within 1 o 2 games of SAc going into the game with them, why wouldjn't he come back...He says he is pain free..so if by some chance they have a small chance to catc SAC..why wouldn't he come back...I clearly remmeber him saying he would come back if they had a chance.....I can always dream for a rocekts run and then we'll see...has anybody heard anything about that?

17. akuma

akuma Member

yeah yer crazy :D. just wait till next week and see if the Rockets are still even in the chase. if sacramento or new orleans get just one win or the Rockets get one lost there will be nothing to talk about.

18. RocketTempo

RocketTempo Contributing Member

It's looking good tonight as Kings, NOC, Jazz, Wolf, Warrior and Sonics are getting a loss and Rocket will get a win :D

19. akuma

akuma Member

there's just no way this team can win 8 straight against even weak-a$$ opponents. :mad:

20. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

It's over. :(