1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHY did they re-sign Bowen?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GageD, Apr 1, 2006.

1. boboqi

boboqi New Member

He is such a cheap player, so...

2. TracyMcCrazyeye

6 yrs 54 mill is a pretty good deal for a caliber player such as ryan bowen. i hope he retires as a rocket..he's my favorite player over yao and tmac :cool:

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

You know whats the saddest part about this thread. The ones who actually think this is happening. lol , care to look at the URL it says clutchfans.net in it .... and plus what a coincidence that such an ocurring happens on April Fools, and that all the senior members say yes its real we are actually resigning him...

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

My favorite clutch day of the year.

5. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

this thread is priceless. :)

6. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Was looking forward to the annual April Fools' Joke; in such a dismal season, a little humor is much appreciated.

Of course, if I was a member of the Rockets organization that was going to get canned after the year, I'd leak a real extension for Bowen on Monday to ESPN, to really mess with our heads...

Thankfully, I believe we don't have Full Bird Rights on Bowen yet, and can't exceed the salary cap by that much to extend his contract. Using the Early Bird Exception, he could turn down his player option for next year and we could sign him to a 5 year, 30 million dollar contract (essentially the same as what we gave Stromile, depending on how big the MLE is next year). We actually aren't allowed to extend Ryan's contract, because it is only for two seasons; contracts must be of more than 3 years to be extended.

Larry Coon's FAQ

Happy April Fool's Day Everyone!

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Great work, Clutch. Very creative and devious... :cool:

8. Lumix

Lumix Member

Come'on, what the hell r they doing now?
    JVG's pet really gets a warranted life for the next 6 yrs.

9. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I read the first page of this thread, clicked the link and it was obvious this was a joke. It was a very good joke since so many fell for it.

10. user

user Member

6 year 54 millions is just too much for Bowen to fool anyone.

Of course you cannot sign for 6 years now, but that part can fool alot of people. But 54 millions are just too much to be real.

11. heymak

heymak Contributing Member

My favorite part is that all the rookies have joined the board in the last few days!!! ;) ;) ;)

12. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

A job well done. Letting in the n00bs recently was GENIUS!

13. verynice

verynice Member

how can les let this happen, he wouldn`t pay g. rice 9 million, and he atleast played, JVG SAYS "WE NEED TO GET THIS DONE" to Dawson and that`s all it takes, why hasn`t Bowen played all year, if jvg likes Bowen so much. Sure, it`s great to set a good example for the team attitude by hustling in practice, but Swift only makes 5.4 a year or close to it. That can`t be right 9 million a year for setting jvg`s attitude for the rest of team as an example of jvg play/philosophy, who says jvg would even be here in 6 years! If they are this stupid, that they just take the agent`s word that this is Bowen`s market value right now, then it goes to show you that it`s not what you know, but who you know, in the rocket`s org. Because, Dawson is a complete moron who i wouldn`t trust with walking my dog around the block, let alone gm of a multi-mm franchise. The numbers have to be close to that, and i wouldn`t pay even half the reported terms to Bowen.

14. Paean

Paean New Member

O my god. A healthy T-mac makes the Rockets look strong, but Bowen? not so valuable.

15. verynice

verynice Member

ok...you got me...april fools...i am glad, but considering how much they payed s. anderson, mo taylor, moochie, this wouldn`t and didn`t seem that much difference from the past!! Remember, we just gave away a 1st round pick to utah to unload rice`s contract which is just stupid!! That could have been parer, genobli, s. cassell, l. head, or c-mobley! Nice one guys>

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This page (and others) are perfect examples of who reads the posts before posting their own message and does not. Welcome aboard noobs. We've all fallen for it before, so don't feel too bad.

Clutch, you had me until the number 54 million popped up.

17. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Considering that quite a few posters were fooled, I see a bit of a flaw in your logic... :)

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You got to be kidding 54 million? Woah....

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If only we could clone four more just like him...

Can you spell D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y?

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Hey, until clutch put this on front page it is not official! Come on clutch, this is the big spalsh this year. ;)