1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it too early?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by akuma, Mar 29, 2006.

1. akuma

akuma Member

i know the Rockets only have a slim to none chance to get into the playoffs with the way the Lakers have been playing and the apparent fact that Sacramento is too good to lose more than half their remaining games. i would put the Rockets' chance at somewhere between one in a hundred and one in a million. "So there is a chance!" - Harry from Dumb and Dumber.

anyway, what i'm getting to is if anyone knows when is T-Mac coming back? i know they said up to 5 weeks. its been about 3 weeks now and no word from the doctors on T-Mac's status? if the Yao and company can just string up a couple more wins until T-Mac is cleared to play, maybe just maybe the Rockets can go on a real tear to end the season. i'm talking 11-0 to finish with 42 wins. looking at their opponents the rest of the way, it could be possible with the one exception of San Antonio during the last game, but the Rockets with McGrady are due for at least one win against them, i would hope.

2. lalala902102001

Why would they want to do that?

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

1. 25% chance of receiving the #1 pick

2. 19.9% chance

3. 15.6% chance

4. 11.9% chance

5. 8.8% chance

6. 6.3% chance

7. 4.3% chance <-- rocks can c. quadruple their chances here

8. 2.8% chance

9. 1.7% chance

10. 1.1% chance <-- rockets are here

11. 0.8% chance

12. 0.7% chance

13. 0.6% chance

14. 0.5% chance

4. akuma

akuma Member

i thought the whole point of playing in the NBA was to try to win a championship. in order to do that they have to first make the playoffs. i suppose a higher draft pick might increase their chances, but at this point it's too late for the Rockets to fall in the bottom ten a.k.a. high to somewhat high lottery in what appears to be a weak draft. after the first seven picks i see nothing that can really make a difference for the Rockets next season. at least not a bigger difference than the mid-level exemption.

anyway, i haven't given up on the Rockets yet and the next ten games seem quite winnable even without T-Mac. if they play with the heart of a cowardly loser the rest of the way, i don't think those Rockets will ever win a championship.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Hence the above poster posted the chances of receiving the TOP PICK of the draft should the Rockets dip lower and lower in the standings. I'd rather take the higher chance of a top 3 pick than the one out of a million chance of getting into the playoffs. Adding someone like Aldridge or Morrison certainly beats adding a Reddick or Sheldon Williams.

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

To me it's not even about making the playoffs or getting a high pick. I just want to see Yao continue playing strong, staying sharp, and honing his game. And it's hard to do that if we start half-assing games.

Believe me, if Yao can keep up his road to super-stardom, then adding guys like Redick and Williams will enough to really contend.

7. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

I second that. The best the Rockets can do at this point is continue to learn from each other as players, and for yao to continue to play against the increased defensive pressure. As yao continues to endure the defensive pressure teams will give him, he will make other players around him better and inturn the Rockets will be able to do more with less ;)

8. RocketLover01

RocketLover01 Member

T-mac is not coming back "as quoted" saying unless the team is in the playoff hunt.

we need him to be rested.

9. Everglory

Everglory Member

If there is no miracle more than that of 35 secs moment, Rockets get to way to be even close to the playoff.

However, I really hate this team to tank for a high pick.

10. hey23

hey23 Member

I totally second that.See what's Yao doing now? His position determines he has difficulty to become the man who can finish the game in the last seconds, that's always a SG or PG's job. But he never gives up! And that is what we need--a champion heart :)

11. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

Dont worry,folks.

2002 miracle will happen again.

12. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

all we need is a 6th pick, we will be good. :)

13. rocketsmetalspd

I rather just the Rockets make to the .500 mark and if that gets into the playoffs then let be. :)