1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will T-mac be expendable this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketLover01, Mar 29, 2006.

1. crimson_rocket

Hi everyone, I'm also a rookie, in fact this is my first post. I just want to point out that for some who has "Tmac & Yao: The Ultimate Duo" in his/her sig, RocketLover01 is quick to throw out a trade Tmac thread. I look at this way, yes the season blows, but it has been really really unlucky. It's probably good that Tmac has his back problems now so he can focus on fixing it now than say in a few years when he's in his prime. However, how many crappy teams in the league would love to trade places with the Rockets? You got Yao and Tmac locked up to build around, two legit stars yet to reach their primes. It obvious the focus for this team is the supporting cast.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

the title was a bit misleading, and the first sentence or two wasn't really necessary. with that said, I agree with ya. anyone who wants to trade tracy, I suggest you get some films of him in the playoffs with orlando vs detroit, or last season vs the mavs. the back thing worries me as a rockets fan...but I stand behind my team and it's players and I still think tracy and yao are going to bring a championship back to houston.

3. slickrick

slickrick Member

lmao

before the trade happened everyone knew of this back problem so why shop him now if you knew what you was investing in before you got it Tmac needs to take it easy this offseason and not work as hard as he said he did in the past offseason and he should be ok

4. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Where did people get the number of 70%???
    I'm curious.

5. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Whats the deal with so many new people here? Its weird to see them since we are doing so horrible.

And some guy from last month already has over 400 posts :eek:

I thought I wasted a lot of time on here

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Interesting. The newbies are turning on each other...

7. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

We should do a POLL to see how old people are in here I have a feeling :

15-20 53%
    21-25 23%
    25-30 11%
    30-35 8%
    35-up 5% :)

8. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Why don't we trade T-Mac for Amare. The Suns are in a similar situation: they just signed a guy to a max contract and he may never be the same again, so we would get equal value. Shouldn't T-Mac play wearing a back brace it would be like Jeff Bagwell using his pad on the back of his hand because the ball has a habit of breaking bones in the lead hand. Yes I'm bored and talking crazy. :D

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Good question. 70% of the games, obviously, is only 57 games. Even if we went 13 and 12 in the 25 he misses (whcih we've proven this year we can't come close to), that still means we have to have a miraculous playoff run every year.

Why? Because we play in a division with San Antonio and Dallas. Without T-Mac for 100% of those games, you can likely kiss a top 3 seed good-bye. And considering Memphis and a currently struggling but definitely improved NO/OK team is in our division, too, a 70% of the time T-Mac means no home-court for us pretty much for quite a while.

Even at 80%, it is sketchy.

Which means, not to rehash all the trade T-Mac stuff again, but you really have to feel pretty good about his back, I think. If not, and you do shop him, and he can fetch you "equal" talent in return (i.e. - all star/super-star...maybe KG, maybe Allen Iverson, maybe Paul Pierce, maybe Ray Allen/Rashard Lewis type combo - which would be my dream, etc.)....well, I think you do at least think about it, no?

10. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Yao doesn't want KG.

The Houston Rockets don't need KG when they got Yao.

They'll get a healthy T-Mac next season and plow through San Antonio and Dallas.

11. RocketLover01

RocketLover01 Member

I'm stating a opinion this isn't something i want instead i want a healthy T-mac i'm not sure i can force myself to watch another season of T-mac having his back problems whatever decision the management makes i will support whole heartly but opinion is a opinion.

12. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

The one should be traded is RocketLover01.

13. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Yes, he certainly is a rookie, but maybe this will help define the meaning of:

fo·rum

1.1. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
    1.2. A public meeting place for open discussion.
    1.3. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.
    2.... A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
    3.... A court of law; a tribunal.

Cohen, you are a respected member of this forum. I have read many of your posts and you have prooved to be intelligent, insiteful and thoughtful in your posts. I don't really think you meant to suppress opinions not based on a news article or an editorial (opinion).

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Is English your first language? I'm torn between thinking you're a chinese fan with a pretty damn good grasp of the english language or an american with an awful one.

15. m004378

m004378 Member

Mcgrady to Lakers for Kobe. :)

16. m004378

m004378 Member

17. Y-Mac

Y-Mac Member

I've been reading this trade t-mac threads for quite a while,and I don't really understand some people here.The T-Mac healt issues are concerning me as well,but trade him for KG isn't the best option.We all know that the core of this team is Yao,and now that he finally started dominating the paint you want to bring another big man?That could be very unuseful for both KG and Yao,especially for Yao's development.If the Rockets want to trade t-mac,better trade him for a couple of dead-eye shooters and/or a slasher to help Yao's inside game.

18. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Depends- If he's 100% healthy- NO WAY
    If he is damaged goods- probably not unless you can fool someone.

19. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I am personally of the opinion that we keep TMac, let him rehab over the summer, and let him and Yao have a shot at it next year.

However, that isn't to say that there aren't worries over TMac's back. Two of the last three seasons, he has sat out 20 or more games with back issues and that is something to consider. So, while I would personally keep him, there are some attractive possibilities and I think that these possibilities should be discussed.

TMac and Swift for Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen would be a move that could end up working very well. We get a young SF with range and the ability to attack the basket as well as a dead-eye shooter, IMO the best shooter in the league.

TMac and Swfit for Tyson Chandler and Ben Gordon would also fill our needs for a shooter/scorer as well as a nice young PF who can play with Yao.

TMac and Swift for Kyle Korver and Chris Webber or AI and Dalembert would also be enticing.

IOW, though I would not personally do these trades just on the chance that TMac can be at full strength next year, they ARE drool-worthy if TMac's back is honestly a big problem.

20. looper

looper Member

bingo! ;)