1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will T-mac be expendable this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketLover01, Mar 29, 2006.

1. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Hahaha. What do you think we gain? Nothing, in fact, we lose more than half our team if T-Mac goes down. If we trade him, we're not going to get anywhere near market value for him, so what's the point of that? Just wait and see on his back, it's not like he's going anywhere anyways, so might as well sit back and enjoy the offseason.

2. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

For what it's worth, at least our fickle fans tend to be more objective than, say, Laker fans (like when they were absolutely convinced that T-Mac would become a Laker "TOMORROW" following a trade for Lamar Odom. That one *still* cracks me up!).

3. ShadyMcGrady

What's so funny about that? I would do it in a heartbeat. :D

4. RocketLover01

RocketLover01 Member

That was comedy :D

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Oh I think they prob realize we're made up of about 20% under the age of 16 and another 30% who act under 16. :D

Patience and perspective are generally not the virtues of youth.

6. adamlam

adamlam Member

I think no team will take the risk to trade their superstars for t-mac :(

7. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

So glad about it. Man has one injury season and people are calling for a trade everyday.

Its freaking annoying to be honest with you.

8. ShadyMcGrady

Hahahaha well yeah.

Oh BTW rocketlover1, this is my opinion:

T-Mac's back is *obviously* a huge concern for the franchise.

However, this has been beaten to death on this board before, so basically there are lots of ways for T-Mac to heal. :rolleyes:

I think if he either loses the weight he put on this offseason OR somehow gets used to it, I think after some rest he will be fine.

Tracy McGrady has always had some chronic back problem thing, but it's NEVER been this bad before, and he's NEVER worked out so hard in the offseason before, coincidence? I don't think so.

9. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

That's a bad thing?

Are you crazy? Pure speculation, but TMac could prob be healthy 70-80% of a season. Good enough for someone with his skilz.

10. RocketLover01

RocketLover01 Member

I hope you're right Shady,i can't force myself to watch another Rocket season were T-mac has his back problems :(

11. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

T-Mac is coming bak, not 100%, but will still be one of the best players in NBA

12. RocketLover01

RocketLover01 Member

Can we win a championship with a T-mac being 70% healthy? Spurs can do it with Duncan because there a great time we will need alot of good shooters on this team if we can contend with T-mac not being in his old-self.

13. Champ06

Champ06 Member

If McGrady is healthy, Rockets will not trade him. Supposed McGrady is still not well next season and with the possibility of seating out, much of the season, I can't think of any teams that would be willing to trade for McGrady, or that the trade will be so ridiculous that you would not think of trading him. Oh! I almost forgot, there is one team that may be willing to trade for a 'bad back' McGrady. Guess which team?????................Knicks. :D

14. ShadyMcGrady

When did he say 70%??????????????

He may not be 100%, but that doesn't mean he'll be almost perfect all season. He might miss a couple games here and there, but I doubt he'll be as bad as 70% of his old self.

I would say anywhere 90+%, but that's my random, fan-made percentage (contains 0% fact). :p

15. RocketLover01

RocketLover01 Member

Your optimism is beauitful to see i believe in T-mac! :D

16. ShadyMcGrady

Actually, I have a question.

What is considered 100%? Playing in all 82 games? Then technically, very few people are 100%. Or does it mean playing your 100% best in whatever games you play? What if you only play 1 game in the season?

Before people make their percentages, I would like to see their answers, I have a feeling it will be interesting.

17. RocketLover01

RocketLover01 Member

IMO, playing a good amount of the games in the season unless someone else has a different take.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Before this season and not including his rookie season when he had DNP-CD's, McGrady only missed more than 7 games in a year once (his last season with Orlando). For someone playing as many minutes as he has, that's fairly durable.

I could be wrong, but I think we should give him at least another year. One injury-filled season isn't enough to give up on a player of McGrady's caliber.

19. ShadyMcGrady

You are a genius.

OH. and this season didn't just happen, it happened because of the weight he put on this summer working out, I'm sure of it!

20. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

TMAC ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE. Not to the benefits of Rockets, not to the benefits of Yao.

I stated my opinion here, fair enough, right? Just decided to make the same statement in every thread that suggested "Trade TMAC", "TMAC is expendable"...etc. You can say I am padding my posting stats here... :rolleyes: