1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let Yao take off the rest of the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by canoner2002, Mar 21, 2006.

1. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Yeah, right. I am a CNT team official who lives in NJ, visits the board several times a day, goes to the Nets and Knicks games to cheer for Rox and shouts my voice out.

That hate-me bandwagon is getting full of fools.

#61 canoner2002, Mar 23, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  2. canoner2002

you've joined the board for how long? 2 month!

At least I believe in what I am posting, unlike a lot of you bandwagoners who only follow the tide.

Remember truth is often held by minority.

3. Ownage

Ownage Member

Woudnt the nba think were tanking on purpose if we bench yao the rest of the season??

4. haven

haven Member

I don't like the idea, because it's disrespectful to the opponents.

But those of you pretending like it matters in terms of either (a) Yao or (b) the Rockets potential for success...are delusional.

It would probably be a good move in purely benefit/loss terms. He gets rest, we get a better pick. Don't make it more complicated.

5. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

I pray to God you are 12 years old.

6. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I've had enough. How can this thing run 4 pages.

The OP has an idea, not well thought out, maybe even stupid, so what? At least it's not at stupid as suggesting Tmac should retire - and I don't see as vicious posts there.

So he follows Yao. So what?

At least he has his own idea, not like some of you have nothing better to say than attacking other posters. Have anything intelligent to say? Say it. This thread would have been in page 5 if it wasn't for you guys who want to show fan supiority.

peace.

7. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

For the record, posting that T-Mac will possibly retire due to injury is r****ded being that a) we havent heard from a surgeon on this, and b) he only had INJECTIONS in his back.

cut and paste to the t-mac thread.

Flame on.

8. canoner2002

WTF?That guy joined the board this January and he questioned what I have posted in the past years.

9 out of 10 people attacking me now have nothing to say except personal attacks.

Have you post something worth reading? 100+ posts in 4 years? Do you not care, rarely visit the board, or what?

#68 canoner2002, Mar 23, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  9. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Wouldn't you prefer to post your intelligent thought on that thread yourself?

Oh, I can't "cut" and paste your post BTW.

10. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Actually, i've seen Canoner Regulary defend Rockets on RealGM. the guy made 2 threads that he probaly would'nt be proud of in hindsight. so layoff the guy. i would'nt call him a bandwagon fan. he started as a YOF, but he evolved into a Rockets fan.

11. Sexyfratstud

Sexyfratstud Member

who called tmac a quitter? i absolutely support his decision not to return this season. i even supported him taking the season off to heal his back injury.

don't make irresponsible comments like this.

That is an irresponsible comment right there. Tmac is a quitter. We need to get rid of this guy, he will never ever be healthy and im sick of it. Trade his @$$

12. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

Tmac proved last year what he is capable of, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he will bounce back.

13. zong

zong Member

He just gave an idea. It maybe not good, but it is just idea. He is very good poster here for a while if you follow the board. By the way, how about let JVG rest for two months, let TT take the team for a while. I know this will not be happened, but it will good for the team.

Peace.

14. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

But it is definitely more complicated than that.

Stuart

15. canoner2002

I wonder what is everyone feeling now.

Do you regret playing Yao in the last 10 garbage games now?

I hate to rub it in. I myself am very pissed now. but i have to a question to all those who flamed me to the best you could:

DID WE HAVE MORE TO GAIN OR MORE TO LOSS BY PLAYING YAO IN THESE GARBAGE GAMES?

#75 canoner2002, Apr 10, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  16. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

As I said in another thread, if it's not serious and enough to let him rest and keep him (even if the wants to play) out of the WC, then it could be a blessing in disguise. Now if its really serious, then I would regret having him play.

17. canoner2002

how predictable! those bashed me to death are nowhere to be found now.

I am extremly :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: with the situation if Yao's injury is half as serious as they put it. Aren't you :mad: :mad: :mad: ?

18. canoner2002

I am telling you, if there is any chance, Yao and CNT will rush him back to the WC games. I cannot imagine Yao not wanting to play if he can walk without a crane.

But even if everything works out, WHY DID WE RISK IT AT ALL?

19. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Reading the article in the other thread, it seems the bone will heal 6 - 8 weeks, but to keep from having long term effects he needs to rest 4 - 5 month. I would be furious if Yao's career is endangered if he rushes the rehab to play in the WC. I don't think there that much "risks" playing him at the time given the probability of a freak injury isn't going to be that high, but it happened, and it sucks. However, as of right now, if Yao rehabs correctly, the worst that can happen is

1. We get a higher pick

2. Yao comes into to the pre - season out of shape

But if he rushes back to play in the WC, we have a lot a of trouble on our hands.

20. canoner2002

Had we taken him out when I started this thread, we would

1. get an even higher pick, #6 on the odds.

2. not worrying about whether he will rush his rehab.