1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Ric Bucher Spreading T-Mac/KG Rumors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fa7999, Mar 16, 2006.

?

Mac for KG

Poll closed Mar 21, 2006.
  1. Yes

349 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. No

248 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. Tossup

116 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. Rollinrockets

Rollinrockets Member

I vote YES! Small for big. Superstar and low draft pick for superstar plus high draft picks. Frail player for durable player. I have always liked KG's game, but even more I like his fire and competitiveness. KG can take over a game single handedly...just like Tmac. I love Tmac...but I REALLY worry about his back. With KG, Im not worried at all.

...and I think KG and Yao tandem would definitely work. KG doesnt really clog the lanes and he can hit shots from all over facing the basket. Plus he is an athletic freak. Our rebounding would improve, and we would be surrounding Yao with another bulldog...instead of another nice guy. If Minny would do this deal...I wouldnt even think twice...

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He's suggesting we take our ~ #12 and package it with Minny's ~ #9 to get into the top 3.

Hard sell.

Of course, theoritically you could hook the Bobcats up with JJ Redick and Sheldon Williams, giving them a Duke 1-2 draft to go along with last year's UNC 1-2 draft.

Evan

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

54+% is a mandate.

4. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I want us to use the picks to get Julian Wright from KU and Dick JJ from Duke.

5. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

This is whack. Tmac isn't going anywhere.

6. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Krosfyah, I think you posts are always well-thought and sensible. But the fact that you guys keep talking about Tmac's lack of heart really ticks me off. The dude has a chornic back problem and he has played with pain until he could barely walk on the court. We should give him credit for it. Please do not confuse the lack of heart with being unable to perform due to injury.

7. iBelieve

iBelieve Contributing Member

Twin Tower under JVG's system? Rockets' games would be the most ugly games to watch :(

8. Houston22

Houston22 Member

I just can't believe results..
    TMac has shown some loyalty, show him some loyalty back.

You don't deserve championship and I love Rockets over TMac.
    Also,.. KG is great, but I just can't see twin towers winning in nowadays league.

9. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Has everyone forgotten what Tmac did for this team last year? Before the back injury? Anyone who is OK with trading Tmac for ANYONE has a very short memory. John Barry said the same thing a fews days ago on the radio.

Plus, having Yao and KG as our two focal points would make this team extremely slow and boring. I'm not onboard with this at all.

10. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

At least the folks at RealGM were smart enough to lock this thread. And I always thought the RealGM posters were more annoying with their knee-jerk trade suggestions...

11. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Exactly.

I hope he proves all you motherf*cking quitters wrong next season.

This offseason is all the rest he needs to make up for last offseason when we worked too hard. He's going to need this rest.

Some of you are too stupid to realize that he's never had his back spasms this severe before, so that shouldn't be a problem AT ALL with a good amount of rest this offseason, and if he loses that extra upper body weight.

His back injury now is a different problem but the solution is rest so it will help with his spasms too.

His spasms will never go away, but they'll never be this bad again if he gets rest in the offseasons.

Make up all the trades you want, he's not going anywhere. Why don't you make up trades to get rid of our stupid supporting cast instead of T-Mac or Yao.

12. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It ills me to think about trading T-Mac but if this deal is on the table you have to take it.

The first rounder is really the kicker in this deal. We desperately need some young talent. Just imagine if we luck out in the lottery and end up with Morrison and Redick. Of course JVG would have to be gone for that to happen. I want no part of Rudy Gay. The guy has no passion.

13. WNBA

WNBA Member

TMAC does not have IT. He will not win anything for Houston.

trade me-mac for KG?

Do it!

With or without TMAC,KG, this team needs better role players to succeed.

and

Fire JVG

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Too stupid?

Help me out here with your background in back conditions, cause you have a take on them that I never got when working for orthopaedic surgeons.....

Evan

15. ShadyMcGrady

Well I spoke out of anger, excuse me. However, there has been a lot of different sources as to the problem of T-Mac's back, has there not? I choose to look at the fact he played a fine season (relatively pain-free) last season, then over-worked his back this offseason, then he fell on it hard during practice Nov. 4th which caused the spasms. I doubt he has a bulging disk, if he does, I doubt it is the problem unless created by that fall Nov. 4th. He played great last season, until the beginning of this season, I do not see how his back affected his play. The spasms are what's taking him down, not his bulging disk, etc.

16. Lance Berkman

Lance Berkman Member

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I guess since none of us know for sure about Tracy's back we will just have to trust in those in charge who know. If the back is any problem whatsoever you
    take this deal.

18. ShadyMcGrady

Well the spasms should come and go. He'll miss a few games here and there if his only problems are his spasms. His play shouldn't be hampered by the spasms, if it is anything the same as last sesason. The irregularity this season was the severeness of the spasms.

I would guess that he'll still play 76+ games in the regular season.

We'll have to see. I still wouldn't trade T-Mac for anyone. I'm willing to take the gamble of his health next season.

If he does have a bulging disk, that won't go away with rest, but as we can see by last season, it didn't affect his play very much, if at all. If all he has is spasms, it will diminish greatly with rest, but it wont' go away.

Of course this is assuming he gets rest this offseason. He better.

19. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Can't wait for McGrady to show you guys wrong next year.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'd say no. As enticing as it sounds to have Garnett, we need Tracy more than Garnett. Besides that, Tracy has shown that he can absolutely take over and close out a game, in a way that is above what Garnett can do. McGrady has never blamed his teammates for anything, either. He's played through unimaginable pain, and has never once complained. He's also shown loyalty to his teammates, the city, and overall, seems to be a very responsible guy that I feel can become an icon for the city.

We already have our twin "towers" in McGrady and Yao. Don't bail out just because one has an injury. Injuries happen often, and they do cause people to panic. We shouldn't panic to the point of completely getting rid of Tracy, though.