1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao seriously dissed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oldgunrules, Mar 14, 2006.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Absolute friggin' moron. Yao is currently carrying a team that features nothing but second-tier NBA players (Howard, Luther, Stro, Alston, Bogans, Mutombo) NBDL-caliber guys (Hayes, Brunson, Lampe) and YMCA rejects (Bowen, of course). And we're still winning more often than not.

These idiots will all eat their words one day. Sometime in the next 4 years, Yao will win an MVP award -- and of course, Rosen will argue that it should've gone to JJ Reddick.

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

The weirdest thing is that Rosen was right about Yao in the first place:

Rosen's Scouting Report on Yao from his rookie year.

Read through that and tell me that it's not spot on with Yao's strengths and weaknesses now. The analysis is virtually the same, but the conclusions are completely different.

Three years ago it was, "Given his inevitable improvement, and the increasing "finessement" of the league's young centers, just how good can Yao become? Nothing less than the most dominating big man of his generation -- at least as forceful as Shaq."

And now he's got Yao pegged as, "the world's most colossal second banana".

I don't know what Yao did to get on Rosen's bad side, but this whole thing is truly bizarre.

3. dream2franchise

Everything i want to say has been said in this thread. But i will repeat this, Rosen is a moron.

In a list of top ten centers, he put Shaq ahead of Hakeem--way ahead.

Rosen, just admit you don't like the guy, you don't like the rockets and you don't like JVG. Then quit your job and turn into the token crazy man on the street because there is probably a very talented, unbiased writer out there who deserves your spot.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Answer is JVG.

He hates JVG with a passion. He hates his coaching style.

He is just using Yao to take another shot at Gundy,

Once Gundy is exiled from Houston, wait and see how Rosen's tone about Yao changes.

5. cujo

cujo Member

I hardly ever post, but really enjoy reading what all the fans here have to say. Reading this article really psses me off! Most of the criticism he has for Yao are valid, but It's just the damn timing. Why do it now after a loss with a depleted team after a back to back???? If the rest of your team can only put up half of the teams total points, How the hell can Yao dominate? defense is focused on him and he stll scores 36 points.....dunno bout you , but thats "spectacularly" impressive in my book! :mad:

6. TIM BREAUX

TIM BREAUX Contributing Member

Relax...Rosen is a shock writer...that's what he does.

For those of you who are planning to fire back at Rosen on the FOX website...REALIZE THIS...that is EXACTLY what they are looking for.

He writes stupid crap that gets peoples attention...makes people "HIT" their board...it justifies his existance.

Forget it.

#86 TIM BREAUX, Mar 14, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  7. langal

langal Contributing Member

Our second banana get double and triple teamed on a regular basis. Funny how such a pedestrian player demands so much defensive attention.

Yao really needs to work on his permiter defense. It sucks that he can't keep up with Vince Carter. Likewise, Vince Carter needs to improve his interior defense. Big centers like Yao will outmuscle him score over him everyday.

8. kerry Mckee

kerry Mckee Member

Michael Jordan could not carry this team!! :mad:

9. AirNigeria

AirNigeria Contributing Member

How can he carry a team that cannot make shots. I mean they all took good shots, just not making them. In order for yao to carry the team does he expect him to shoot for them too. It is not merely yao's fault that the rest of the team cannot shoot at the moment. I think yao can carry the team, if we have the right role players, that can do their part, i.e consistantly make the open shot.

Team = five players not yao

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

thanks for writing that. needed to be reposted.

11. colloid

colloid New Member

Who himeself can carry a team? Name them, please. Jordan needed Pippen, Malone need Stockton, Kobe needs Shaq, Duncan needs Manu and Parker, All Piston Fives...Yeah, he said Yao can't carry a team himself, please look at the player around Yao other than TMac, please tell who can help Yao. This guy is just idiot, and I have seen enough of bs from his mouth :mad:

12. noize

noize Contributing Member

If he's that desperate to get people's attention, then why he couldn't add KG on the list of stars that can't carry a team? That would really get people fired up....