1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 3/12/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Let's be positive:-
    After Saturday and Sunday Games the picture could look like this:-
    Saturday Dallas defeats Utah
    Sunday Houston defeats San Antonio
    Dallas defeats Sacramento
    New Jersey defeats New Orleans......
    8th. New Orleans 31-31 .500
    9th. Sacramento 31-32 .492
    10th Utah 30-32 .483
    11th Houston 30-33 .476

2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Rockets will win by eight because if the spurs try to double Yao he will roundhouse kick them in the head.

It's like when Yao Ming want's an egg he cracks his own chicken!

I am just trying to be a complete homer but seriously we MUST WIN EVERY GAME AT HOME THE REST OF THE YEAR PERIOD. And if we can shoot well and steal some on the road that is just a bonus.

This crappy year at home will get turned around and we can all help by getting to the Toyota Center and getting rowdy!

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

When Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks somebody, that guy is dead. When Yao Ming roundhouse kicks somebody, that guy was never born.

4. ikfit

ikfit Member

Now only one positive thing from Tmac absn, I think maybe jeff will play more Stro and Stro will turn the corner and become a beast like yao did.

Go Stro, He is so fast and talented sometimes you just feel he is lazy like Tmac.

Go Rockets

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

As long as every Rocket plays like and follows the lead of Juwon Howard and Ryan Bowen, we're going to be gold!

Right JVG?

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Lets just see what happens. If the Rockets can win tomorrow then we can start talking about playoffs. The game has to be played. The players have to show up, lace up their shoes, and play till the clock expires. Somebody has to win and somebody has to lose. Tankers aren't allowed to be Rocket fans right now. If you want to tank, don't watch, cause they aint gonna tank. This is just how it is and this is just they way it's gotta be, can you dig it.. hell-yeah... hell-yeah.. hell-yeah

#126 Texas Stoke, Mar 11, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2006
  7. ikfit

ikfit Member

Let dream come true.

8. Yetti

ONE DOWN THREE TO GO..........................DREAM ON.........

9. pchan

pchan Member

Yao is going to eat Nazr & rasho for appetizers and Timmy D for entree with a win against the spurs as the sweet dessert.

10. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Don't forget a roundhouse kick to the Spurs head!

I do agree that this is a new Yao nobody will stop Yao except Yao himself

11. tdle6671

tdle6671 Contributing Member

Spurs play a much slower-tempo game unlike the Sun, which suits the Rockets better. I don't think the game will be a blowout. We just need to keep it close and repeat the defense we've seen in the 4th quarters of last two games. All depends on if our role players will step up and hit their wide open shots. It they do, Yao will just rip Spurs apart and kick their sweet-sour chicken ass and have a monster game.

I'm in Shanghai China currently and will watch the game live at 4:30am in the freaking morning, so they better play well.

Rockets 98
    Spurs 92

Yao with 42 pts, 18 boards and 10 assists.

12. entaro

entaro Member

I think 10 blocks is more appropriate :D

13. sgm

sgm Member

On which channel?

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Just for the record. Those of you that think just the 4th quarter is important will find out today how important the start of the game, how important the close of the first half is, and how important the start of the 2nd half is along with the 4th quarter.

For us to have any chance at all, we've got to come out of the gate well, we've got to be close at the half and we have to come out the 2nd half well. If we fail in any of those 3, the 4th quarter won't make a lot of difference.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

In addition, I seriously hope that if Juwan and Wesley come out of the gates clanging jumpers that Van Gundy substitutes Head and Swift early. If Van Gundy lets them ride like that for more than 3 or 4 minutes, we are in big trouble, just like the Phoenix game. He needs to take them out if they aren't hot, bring in Luther and Swift, and push everything to the rim.

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I don't think our guys are gonna do bad today, they really need this win so they are gonna try really hard , i would be pumped up if i was on the team so im expecting some amazing plays from everyone on the team

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I feel the key today from our prespective, and really for the remainder of this wacko season, is the emergence of Stromile Swift. If he decides he's really the man, then who knows what can happen? This guy has show just flashes, but lately I have a very different felling watching him, like he is finally getting it. Stro can dominate a game during crucial times, and if he EVER just softens up those little floaters and slams from outer space he puts up, I think his game will take off to a new place. I still feel that starting JH is the right way to go, especially if he is hitting those jumpers. It just opens up the middle for Yao so much. And gives us a great chance off hte bench with SS. Can't wait till cavs/heat is OVER ! It will be fun,lose or win.

18. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

Looks like I am going to be relying on my clutchfan brethren to get my fix on this game. Tis not the same as being able to watch the game, but I can't think of a much better second-hand source than you guys. ;)

19. Yetti

Pippin just saids on TV Yao Ming is a guy that likes to play around the perimeter.
    The questrion I ask is how much does Pippin know about the NBA and its teams or is he just plain stupid!!!!He pridict chaos for the Rockets and they wont make the playoffs!!!

20. chenglug

chenglug Contributing Member

I saw it too. I hate it that he just came and talked sh*t without actually paying attention to what has happened with yao.