1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

should mcgrady see an acupuncturist?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tree-Mac, Mar 11, 2006.

?

should mcgrady see an acupuncturist?

1. Yes

185 vote(s)
    89.4%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

just curious how poeple think in here. either way, he should get SOMETHING done rather than just resting.

2. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Why did this deserve its own thread?

Do cucumbers taste better pickled?

3. Tree-Mac

who cares dude. it's not like there is anything new to read about here.

4. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

he should do whatever is best for him...how the hell are we supposed to know what his treatment should be?

5. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Actually yes. Hakeem said in his book that when he was having his back problems (and some people thought he was faking it because of his crappy contract and he want a new one) nothing worked. Somebody recommended that he go see an acupunturist and thus he was cured.

So yes T - Mac Should go see an acupuncturist. Heck, it's to try anything right now.

7. Tree-Mac

i agree. i also read some mentions of spine surgery. he should get something done. resting doesn't sound like a cure. it's an injured back, not like a tired body.

8. ataniwan

ataniwan Contributing Member

He should try the chinese doctor if the western doctor still did not show any improvement

9. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

What treatments has Tmac tried? Acupuncture works but he will have to take a few days off (4-5)

10. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

I heard he was interested in spine replacement surgery. Can anyone confirm this?

11. verse

verse Contributing Member

absolutely. i'd be shocked, though, if that hadn't been brought to his attention already.

12. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I keep saying that a Huli Wtich Doctor will cast the evil spirits from his back in a matter of minutes! He just needs to bring a vial of blood from Moochie Norris, 3 plucked hairs from Clutch's costume, and a sweatband worn by Steve Francis. I even made an appointment for him but he didn't show. :(

[​IMG]

13. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Doesn't Shaq have his own personal acupunturist? I know he totally swears by it.

14. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

A Backeotomy sounds like it may work

15. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Coach, I need to see an acupuncturist

What? why the hell?

Well, someone on Clutch fans suggested it and the votes were an overwhelming "yes".

Oh, in that case go

--------------------------

Several months later.

So, T-Mac, you guys were really the surprise team of the season, at the bottom of the west coast and one point, but despite some scary injuries, you guys came back and beat Detroit in the finals, your final game with 55 pts, 13 assists and 10 rebounds to go along with 3 blocks and 5 steals. How did you do it?

Well, I thought the season was over, but my man Tree-Mac on clutchfans suggested I see an acupuncturist, and I did, it got me back to 100% when my trainer said I would sit for 5 weeks. I've given my boy half of my salary and access to all my groupies as a surrogate. We wouldn't have made it without him.

16. rocketsmetalspd

I don't what kind of shape his back is in but I hope he does something to better himself. I have 2 lower rupture discs and 2 bulging discs on my neck. The only cure for me was therapy or surgery. I chose therapy and it has work for me. Plus loosing weight.

17. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

I agree that TMac needs to do something... he shouldn't settle for living with back pain his whole life.

Better to seek some type of treatment than live in pain all your life.

J

18. QJammer23

QJammer23 Member

acupuncture is a process...its not like you have 1 treatment and you're all better...

...but you need several treatments depending on the severity of the injury

how do i know this???

my father is arguably the best acupuncturist in Houston...doing his profession over 30 years now...

he has done acupuncture on former rocket Purvis Short...former oilers FS Marcus Robertson and CB darryl johnson...and former US gymnist Phoebe Mills to name a few sports stars...

tmac...if you reading this, acupuncture works...what you got to lose???

713-776-3442 ask for Dr. Cheng

...yao, you should know something bout acupuncture too

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yes. He should try standing on his head and juggling tomatoes if somebody tells him it might help his back.

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

What do you think he's doing, sitting on his couch watching American Idol and eating doritos?

I'm sure he's getting daily massage therapy and working with Keith Jones and the training staff to stretch his back out and keep it loose. Like ALL athletes with back injuries.

I doubt he's just doing nothing.