1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SportsRadio 610] Lance Zierlein Badmouthing Clutchfans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mogrod, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

You mean he isn't on the local sports radio shows as a supposed "expert" on something or other promoting his newsletter?

Unfortunately, we get that in Austin.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think it's the ultimate hypocrisy for the sports media to blast a fan-based BBS for gossiping about the personal issues of sports celebrities. I'm not defending anyone who spread the rumor, but sports radio is notorious for gabbing about the private lives of sports figures (and celebrities in general), stuff that's really none of their business, over the airways.

The only difference with this situation is SportsRadio 610 has some quasi-relationship with the Rockets players, so now they want to censor a fan-based community on the internet over the gossip. Please.

3. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Man, Clutch laying the beat down.

610 uses this board a lot more than they will admit. We all know it. So, if one of their main employees is going to bash this place in public, then they all should be banned.

The way he came out and said what he did was SO out of the blue and out of context of what he was talking about, that it did come off as some pot shot rather than a general statement.

I agree with you Clutch. If he would have just made a comment how he didn't like that it was out there for as long as it was, fine. But to publicly flame the site in the matter he did by questioning this site's intelligence was incredibily childish.

4. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Droxford owns 610; as we know from his famous phone call in the beginning of the Rox season. Maybe he should call them up and own them again!! Paging Drox!!!

5. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

that was a classic call

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I remember there was a thread on an article that grant hill didn't like francis and cuttino last season and matt jackson mentioned it. he's notorious from getting his info from here. at least he will post sometimes.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Unbelievable. You know I used to really like Lance and his impersonations. He can have a great sense of humor when he's on right. But, this is too much.

Anybody that bashes this board doesn't know what they are talking about. There is more depth and accuracy of basketball knowlege in general as well as knowlege of the interworkings of the NBA, the collective bargaining agreement, schemes, players, coaches, and teams expressed on this site than is ever expressed on "5 calls per hour" 610 radio.

Yeah, there may be some garbage that gets through here once in a while, but this is where the true die hard fans hang out. Not only do fans hang out here, but players, coaches, and Rocket front office people hang out here.

If you took the percentage of garbage that gets through the filters here and compared it to the percentage of garbage that gets through the filters on 610, there's no comparison.

I'm not saying this as a pump job. I read the Chronicle, monitor several bball websites, as well as still listen to the radio when I'm in the car and watch ESPN (for what that's worth these days).

There is a class of members here that I respect and value their opinions much greater than I do radio hacks.

It would be in the best interest of people like Lance to work with Clutch and this website, not against it.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, Matt has added to the site from time to time. And we all know he reads it incessantly. Hopefully, Clutch shut him down too, at least for a time, so Matt will chew on Lance a little bit for screwing things up.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

two posters, juanvaldez and gater, I have learned more about the nba collective bargaining agreement than anyone currently on 610.

10. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Very well put durvasa. Talk radio wouldn't exist without gossip. I guess Lance feels threatened that we consistently out scoop him.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Classic

12. Primetime

Primetime Member

I don't post often, but this thread got me going:

I posted a thread about these 610 schmucks in like....2000. Then I got a nice reply (from an admininstrator) saying basically that Lance frequents this website and we don't want to say anything to offend him.....blah blah. Glad to see things have loosened up nicely over the years becuase those guys are WEAK sports-talk, and clowns as well.

Hopefully no harsh replys again......

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CLUTCHFANS = WORLDWIDE
    SPORTSRADIO 610 = HOUSTON & AM RADIO

CLUTCHFANS > SPORTSRADIO 610

14. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Awww. You mean Chance can't make any more annoying VY posts and childish songs?

15. reggietodd

Granted Clutch just owned 610 with his post, but what they really need to realize is that 790 is on their way to truley owning them unless they clean up their act and get some better personalities on the air. Outside of MattJ and Adam, 610 is becoming a joke.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lance seemes to be overy-pissed and defensive about this....

Makes me wonder.....

...was Lance guilty of?....well, you know....*hint* koochy koochy cute baby

Lance backstabbed Tmac?!

Can we make a new thread?! - "[Rumor] Now we know who that person was!!!"

Let the thread run for 3 days and un-bann Lance from clutchfans for those 3 days.

Ban him again after the thread is locked.

#136 Zboy, Mar 10, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  17. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Yeah, that's great. Run some smack while the guy can't defend himself. Classy.

Come back into the light, Chance. :(

18. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I'm glad we out-towner don't have the chance to suffer those two. :cool:

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah seriously. You Houstonians have it bad. I am lucky to have a class act in Peter vescey to listen to.

20. reggietodd

People are bashing the hell out of 610 and Lance, but when I bash, I get called out for it? WTF?