1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So What is Swift's Status Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by solid, Feb 23, 2006.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

So, after the Rocket's "blockbuster" trade, where does Swift stand? A Keeper? A Creeper? An off-season Goner? Obviously, JVG is not high on him, which makes me wonder why the Rocket's signed him. Is he a project that JVG is willing to take on? On the surface it appears that he is a permanent resident of the JVG doghouse, and he wants him gone, but he is not gone (?)
    So what is your take on this situation?

2. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

I believe he will be our back-up PF for years, he's not bad at it. I think we expected too much from him when we said he would start.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think they keep him.

He's shown slow but steady improvements over the year.

4. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

"balks his baskets in the sun"

I vote Keeper...not a bad 1st or 2nd off the bench.

RR

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

where did the rumor even start that Swift was on the trade block?

6. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

talked to swift a week ago and he claimed "its van grumpy"
    I said nah man i thought you've been late he said no its
    "all about rotations" Inside info. that is reliable swift hangs around
    south h town all the time holla slo'. sorry to throw your cover swift
    but if ne clutchfans are in dallas and its the offseason hit up the club blue to see swift.

7. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Stro has been a "project" his whole career. He's OK as a backup PF but we should move him if we get a halfway decent offer.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

His status is he's still overrated by too many people on this bbs. :D

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

How is his relationship with TMac stonestool?

10. Lance Berkman

Lance Berkman Member

:rolleyes: :p

11. gbritton

gbritton Contributing Member

i think we need to put swift into perspective. how much are we paying him? not that much... and he is a solid contributor off the bench. its not like he is raping the bank on us.

we have many more problems in our roster. i mean, we havent had a complete roster for the entire season. we still dont have sura back...and it looks like we wont be seeing him play for the rest of the season. when we have yao and mcgrady playing we have a winning record. we will be loosing contracts this season so it should be intresting what we can do in the offseason as far as free agency.

12. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't mind keeping the Stro Show around. He's a guy that can come off of the bench for us for years, and who knows, once J-How is done with the Rockets, maybe we can give him a shot at starting. He's got talent--maybe not all star level, but I don't mind keeping him around for the MLE.

13. Panda

Panda Member

With Yao, TMac and Rafer being the keepers on this team, we need some more help at the pf and starting 2. Wesley is playing well lately but because of his stature and age he's a bandaid, not a long term solution.

I'm not high on Stro developing into a starting pf, he's injury prone if his injuries are not fake as a result of him stuck in JVG's doghouse. While JH can put up some good numbers in a while, he's getting old and the Rockets are in need of a better starting pf. Solution, trade them to upgrade the spot.

Keep Stro around until good trade proposal rises. By good I mean a better pf
    for the Rockets is involved. The MLE is OK for netting a decent starting 2 guard, but is a bit inadequate to go for a decent starting pf. So trade involving JH or Stro if for upgrading the pf spot, and free agency for a starting 2.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

At least he is relatively cheap, and he may yet develop, all that is missing right now are some mental lapses.

He is coming around.

It took Rafer half a year, maybe it will take Swift a little longer.

DD

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

He's a good guy to have on your team for the price. Keeper.

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Two guys got moved that I would have preferred over SS, Ruben Patterson and Marc Jackson. I wonder if we dangled SS and there were no takers or if the Rox brass are happy with him.

17. sun12

sun12 Member

True, there is no hope for SS. He has been in the league for many years and have lots of chance. he never showed fire. He will be a lifelong backup. Rox should move either Juwon or SS during the off season. The PF position is very crucial, it is the most important position now to upgrade as Alston has done well in the PG position.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Well.........................

since we didn't move him, I think JVG should put him in the starting lineup and start giving him more minutes. We need his quickness and athleticism, no matter what a lamebrain he is. Anything that gets Juwan back over on the bench playing less minutes will be a plus for us.

Once again, Juwan and Yao on the floor together is just TERRIBLE.

19. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Yes. Everytime, Juwan at court, Rocket is struggling at both ends last night. Wake up, JVG, Swift is better than Juwan.

20. Hasher

Hasher Contributing Member

10:30 am according to Furious Jam, JVG suspended him.