1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hope we act better than the Vancouver fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketSiv, Nov 30, 1999.

Tags:
  1. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

I have to say this is one of the worst crowd I have ever seen. I understand it is part of the game and all. The chanting is tolerable the booing is fine but I have to say that it would seem to get very boring by the time the game is over. Throwing stuffon the court is unacceptable, especially a Tomatoe no less. What happened during the Francis free throw? I thought they were supposed to call a technical on Vancouver if something else was thrown on the court. I just heard it was a rubber ball but they were not going to call a technical while Francis on the line. When Francis gets fouled out, on a cheap foul I might add. Anyways all I see are people in the crowd flipping him off. That seems acceptable for the WWF but this is the NBA but the way the refereeing was in the first quarter you wouldn't know the difference. I'm glad Francis got to stick it to the Vancouver fans and I can only hope Houston fans don't act as IMMATURE when Pippen comes into town as the Vancouver fans did tonight.

2. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

There is one defining factor that will show the difference between Houston fans and Vancouver fans. We have class, they do not.

------------------
    The truth is out there... but not in the post.

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I just wish our crowd was half as energetic as Vancouver's is. Compaq's like a freaking library most of the time.

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I would like to see Houston fan's with the energy they showed.....but they focused it all in the wrong direction.All they managed to do was to motivate the Rock's.

Throwing stuff is totally classless.I know our fan's would'nt stoop that low.

5. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

I agree it is the worst display of sportsmanship I have ever seen in a basketball game. It was out of line big time. I am surprised also that the referees didn't do anything about it.

I agree Stevie's last foul should have been a no call. Bibby initiated it and sort of fell on his own.

Houston fans usually do show class regarding the other team's players. I for one, in this case, will be booing the whole night when Portland is here on the 21st of December.

Of course, I am in the nosebleed seats so if the rest of the arena don't do the same, he will never know. But I will feel better.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Oh you'll see the energy...just wait till Portland comes into town.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

As soon as Pippen's ass comes to town I'm gonna stock up on my D BATTERIES!!!!

Just Joking!!!! I wish I could hit him with a damn tomato though. If someone hit a Rocket with a tomato it wouldn't be funny, but with someone like Pippen or Malone I dont know. I sure as hell would like to throw something at their ass. I have season tickets to the Rockets and the fans do suck sometimes.

8. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

To support your team by booing a player who refused to play for them is no wrong. But throwing stuffs onto the court is just unacceptable.

But let me say this: Houston fans have to learn to cheer and boo, just like Vancouver's. AntiSonic, you are right. The Compaq center at times is no different from a library.

What the hell happened to the Rockets fans???

Please, please. Be noisy at the game!!!