1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 2/8/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2006.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

well, gimme me the guy who at least proves he has a nose for the ball. Gimme the guy who knows how to get garbage points at the rim. at least he doesn;t fumble the ball away. Gimme the guy who has shown he can finish. Chuck Hayes can make an impact if Van Gundy consistently plays him in the rotation.

Juwan Howard doesn't belong in the NBA either. He only establishes himself well on losing teams, which makes him worthless.

#221 JBIIRockets, Feb 8, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  2. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Kwame is doing pretty well pushing Yao out, but let's face it: Yao is missing all kinds of short little shots. Definately an off game in terms of shooting touch.

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Yup, it will once Kobe and Lamar start to get into the offense...this is looking like a blowout if the Rockets don't turn things around here. It's pathetic how bad they're playing, this team is so inconsistent it's scary...no good playoff team is this inconsistent, ever.

The Lakers aren't playing that well, they're just capitalizing on our horrible defense that's leaving a good shooting team wide open at the perimeter, while we continue to clank shots of the front iron.

It's hard to watch this team play when they're struggling like this...we've won the past few games despite our struggles, the Lakers aren't a pushover.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

JVG is being exposed for an overrated clown that he is and I am loving it. He was hyped up by the NY media. Les bought into the hype and to complicate the matter gave him a contract extension this summer.

5. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

You know, after reading the last few pages, I am glad that I didn't get to watch the first half (thanks time warner...) or I'd have ended up breaking my TV...

Here's hoping for a great second half and for Tracy & Yao to stop shooting blanks...

6. chl

chl Member

33 points at half time. What's the lowest score by Rocks at half time for the team history. 33 must be very close.

Well, look at the bright side. They can't play any worse than this.

Rocks will win this one! Let's wait and see.

7. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I've said this before the winning streak, I will say this again now: What offense? What defense?

Plus, there is something about the TC that's suspicious. Rockets might be the only team plays way worse at home than on road, even in the playoffs.

8. rvpals

rvpals Member

Don't worry guys, I think both Yao & TMac will turn it on 2nd half.

9. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Apparently not. We need to get McGrady and Yao cranking. they are combined 6 for 22 or something. That's ugly.

Someone has got to stop Cook.

Oh my God. I never thought i'd be saying that.

10. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

As much as I understand what JVG is trying to do and agree with most of the moves he makes, it doesn't matter how I look at this move, his decision to NOT ACTIVATE JON BARRY, so he can take a longer look at Baxter, Moochie, or Ryan Bowen is inexcusable. Jon Barry has been ready for the past three games, I knew this was going to come back and bite the Rockets in the ass, this kind of game is tailor made for Jon Barry to come off the bench and spark some life into the Rockets with his outside shooting. It's killing me knowing that Jon Barry is healthy but in street clothes because JVG doesn't know who to put on the inactive list out of Moochie, Baxter, and Bowen. That just can't be though, there hs to be something else to that that they're not talking about yet.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Once again... I'm sure JVG is the reason why Yao can't hit shots he hits the majority of the time.

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I'm convinced I am absolute bad luck for this team. I watched the start of the season and the 7(?) game losing streak with t-mac out, then stopped.

I started watching again and Yao got injured.

This is my first game since then and we are getting demolished by the lousy lakers.

:(

Time to drown myself in beer.

13. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Phil Jackson has a plan, JVG has a plan also, coming into the game. JVG never adjusts, or adjusts well.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

does anyone have league pass and know why there not showing the game?

15. jogo

jogo Member

It would be better if you knew what you were talking about. Maybe JVG should go shoot the ball for TMAC and YAO who are 6-22. We're getting killed because everybody is missing shots, except for Stro and Wesley. It has nothing to do with JVG's coaching. You're probably just a Rudy Only Fan.

16. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

JVG is just so conservative.

Why not let JB/DA on the active list? At least we can have a chance to try someone who might be able to shoot.

Defense cant win all games for you.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ok as i press enter the game finally comes on. those a holes never told me they would cut off certain games when i ordered this package. of course im not talking about blackouts though.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Juwon is a total defensive liability tonight. He shouldn't play anymore meaningful minutes until somebody gets in foul trouble. And our ball movement stinks. One of the reason that Yao and TMac are 6 for infinity is because they are having to rush the shot to get it off because the ball is rotating too slowly. These guys look like they're playing in peanut butter.

I hope Van Gundy runs Yao, Swift, Hayes, TMac, and Rafer out there together. We need to give Kobe another different look and Hayes and Swift are our best interior options right now. Hayes has played solid D in his short stint and Yao needs to be on the floor for the offense.

19. rvpals

rvpals Member

We just have way too much talent to let Lakers take this game. TMAc & Yao, I'm counting on you guys to beat up the lakers.

Please. Every game is critical for us now, especially against a western team ahead of us. :mad:

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What is the adjustment for "BOTH YOUR STAR PLAYERS ARE HAVING AN AWFUL GAME, WHILE PLAYING THEIR TYPE OF GAME, GETTING THEIR TYPE OF SHOTS, AND BEING IN THE POSITION TO TAKE OVER THE GAME."

Name one team that can overcome that.