1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NAACP chairman compares GOP to Nazis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Feb 2, 2006.

1. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Nah, man. My mother's hispanic and my dad's white. Some dude in high school started calling me that and it stuck. When I registered for the board i was a freshman in collge and that was the only nickname I could think of. :D

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

The thing is I think most Hispanics voted Republican in the last election. Am I right on this?

As for African Americans, until they fix the problems they have in their community with the single parent households, they will never be able to advance. Unfortunately, that is something that they can only take care of from within.

3. halfbreed

It is quite possible. However, when 90% of a group votes a particular way, doesn't that strike you as a little odd considering that most other minority groups and much more balanced in their voting?

ps - I'm not loyal to conservative spin. I've thought about my position on the issues and they're open to debate and change. I just don't change my beliefs because some organization says I should.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most hispanics voted Democrat. Bush has worked hard to increase the number of hispanics that vote for him and the GOP. Cuban Americans vote largely Republican, but the Democrats have made some minor inroads in getting their vote.

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

hmm yeah I think you're right. IMO his efforts to increase his support amongst Hispaincs is an albatross to him. It's the reason he hasn't sealed up our border yet.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Rumsfeld likens Venezuela’s Chavez to Hitler
    Defense chief expresses concern at ‘populist leadership’ in Latin America

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11159503/

Has anybody started a world war and engaged in mass genocide lately?

Then they aren't Hitler.

(you have to do both just one or the other does not qualitfy)

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Wonder if we're going to have 45 posts denouncing Rumsfeld for his comments?

Man! This guy needs to retire...

8. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Here's mine :)

What a fool. This is some of the worst trash I've ever read in my life.

9. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

2nd!

Worst possible remarks in the history of mankind. ;)

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Blacks and Hispanics have traditionally voted for their economic interests, so it makes sense they would vote for a party that puts more emphasis on social welfare; nothing weird about that.

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Not baiting, texxx. If I'd thanked you in advance or called you brah or something I could see how you'd take that for baiting but I didn't. I just called you a hypocrite for doing the exact same thing you denounced. That's the textbook definition of hypocrisy. So I'd just ask you to explain the difference between Bond's actions here and yours. Or, if you can't, since you find Bond's quotes so offensive, I'd ask you to stop doing the exact same thing he did.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hey batman..
    i agree with you on this :)

14. insane man

insane man Member

In the era of the e-news junkie, paranoia is the new p*rnography. And nothing says My Enemy is a Nazi like paranoia.

The compulsion to use the term is such that it has spawned Godwin's Law, which states that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

At this point, more than 60 years after the last of the extermination camps was freed, the horror of the Holocaust has so receded from the collective memory that the words Soup Nazi can elicit gales of sitcom laughter.

As the shock wears off, the spin-offs multiply: grammar nazi, fashion nazi, feminazi. And as the spin-offs gain currency, the term nazi can stretch to fit any annoyance. At this point, we can apply it to any vaguely persnickety individual we don't much care for.

If anyone can be a nazi, perhaps the real Nazis were no worse than the rest of us.

haaretz

15. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit Member

Does it strike you as a little odd that many working class people particually in the south actually vote against their economic interests. Does it strike you as a little odd that those same people vote against candidates that run on platforms that will better their lives and communities?

You can't see why Blacks overwhelmingly vote Democratic, when it's the democratic party that runs and has been running on issues and interests that improve the black community dating back to the civil rights era. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the Democratic party is the absolute way to go for all minorities. And the Dems have a long way to go on many issues.

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Kind of surprising that bigtexxx didn't chime in to denounce those in the GOP who used the same rhetoric and directed it at Chavez and others...and here I thought he was a man of principle.

17. halfbreed

Running on issues is one thing. Delivering on issues is another.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ignoring them is yet another thing.

19. halfbreed

So you honestly think that the Democratic Party has done enough in the past and present to warrant 85+% of the black vote?

20. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit Member

Seriously, what other options are there? Again, vote republican and vote against your economic and social interests?