1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Got D@ssed and Bashed on Washington Times

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Like Yao is the first player to lead in votes for any type of all star game in any sport while being injured. I mean people like Scott Rolen, Jason Kidd, and others have all been injured all season long and they have made the team. Of course they didn't play but still made the team and opted out. Even freaking Barry Bonds had votes last year and he never played before the all star game...

Just haters

2. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

No. Having to live with that moron is the true punishment.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i can't help but think that alot of the unbelievably dumb crap that people write in regard to yao has everything to do with him being chinese and not american.

i'd love to be wrong but has any player ever had as much animosity and bullsh!t undeservedly thrown his way?

from everything we know, yao's a damn good guy and a very good player. what is the problem that people have with him?

4. davidwu

davidwu Contributing Member

YAO got bashed on SAS's show last night too. You know, that infamous big mouth.

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

id SMACK that *****......................................

6. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

YAO better help his team to win next 9 games before all-star game. Nothing to say more

7. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Stephen A Smith is a hypocrite. He bashed Yao incessantly when the Suns held Yao to like 9 points. When they did the same thing to Shaq a few weeks later, he didn't say ****.

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

You have to understand how Steven "Angry" Smith rolls: if you're his "boy" (i.e. you give him access) he will kiss your arse every chance he gets, and if you're not his "boy" then you suffer the indignation of his bullsh!t.

Sadly, over the 4 years Yao has been in the league, everything I heard has led me to this exact conculsion: it's because he's Chinese, and nothing else.

How else can you explain utter bullsh!t like this article that's completely void of logic or even factual evidence? The writer is so wrong on so many fronts (as posters here have already pointed out) that you can't help but arrive to that conclusion: they find Yao threatening simply because he's Chinese.

There is a reason why I love my sig...

9. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Yeah. Who doesn't know what's up with that. Shaq's black, Yao's not.

10. judoka739

judoka739 Member

i dont blame an african american writer to be unjust. i mean a bad stereotype of asians is smart, make money, etc whereas africans are perceived as brainless monkeys with awesome athletic power. they have insecurities that supposedly stem from slavery, and they use it to reverse discriminate, discriminate against other minorities, etc etc. i mean that is our society. imagine how the reaction would have been if instead of shaq saying "ching chong", yao would have said "oooohhh oohhh ahhh ahhh" in high pitched monkey tones. there would be a national crisis. this is a well known but lets not talk about subject. so lets not talk about it.

11. shsu33

shsu33 Member

Wow, I wonder what this guy is gonna say when some of the washington nationals don't get voted in. Will he blame the yankees or the cleveland fans that hand out all-star ballots everywhere in town. Either way it doesn't matter because itz in the wrong conference or league.
    Trolling the bottom of the west? 43-39; yao's rookie season, is the worst record (until this season). Playoff team last two.
    I can't believe this made it past the editor there. I wouldn't write about how jordan led the wizards back to the playoffs the 2 seasons he was there, or how randy moss led the redskins back to the playoffs this year, or how the nationals where trolling at the bottom of the league last year just because they didn't make the playoffs; without getting all my facts straight.
    Let's forget about this gonad and enjoy watching yao in his 3rd straight all-star game.

12. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

If I'm not mistaken:
    Washington Post is to DC as New York Times is to NYC

Washington Times is to DC as New York Post is to NYC.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Get YOUR facts straight.

He doesn't say that Yao got all of his votes from China.

Nor does he mention anything about how we've done since Yao's been here, rather he just says we've been at the bottom of the league, which I would believe he's referring to THIS year. And that is true. Is it not?

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

85% of your responses don't make sense. Or have nothing to do with the passages quoted.

15. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

C'mon guy, this fella knows that not all the votes came from China and set out from the get-go to bash Yao, so he conveniently worded his article not on facts but generalalities like "But that didn't prevent a huge block of voters -- most believed to be from China -- from endorsing him" and "substantially less than what his supporters promised when the giant was drafted and even though his team has perpetually trolled the bottom of the Western Conference."

So which of those quotes are actually facts? Neither, because the author is using vague wording, not facts, to back up his conclusions.

Stuart

16. Stephen1616

Stephen1616 Contributing Member

I voted for Arenas. WTF was I thinking? That comment just made sure he never recieves another vote from me.

17. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Huh?

:D

The article is CLEARLY set up to imply Yao is not deserving of the All Star game, while Arenas and Jamison are. The author looks to be making a point that because Yao is on the roster, Arenas and Jamison are not. He doesn't point out why Arenas is more deserving than say, LeBron James, Allen Iverson, Chauncey Billups, Dwyane Wade, etc, players who are actually relevant to the All Star snub discussion. Who would you leave off to add Arenas?

It's like he just shoved Yao's name in there for no reason.

#37 Mack, Feb 1, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  18. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Looks like I am off on the classification of the players. I forgot that LBJ is actually on the ballot as a small forward, Vince as a guard, etc.

19. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

English is not my first language. But it seemed to me that the word PERPETUAL means ALWAYS or lasting for eternity. And when you read the mind of this writer, it surely did not just imply/refer to THIS season.

20. cyber-dave

cyber-dave Contributing Member

How about the possibility the guy knew people would read the article if Yao was merely mentioned. He then uses absurd examples and reasons to compare Gilbert and antwoin even though they are playing different positions than Yao and are in the Eastern conference besides...

better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.