1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox 360 games

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by brentdapmp, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Have you played more then a couple of the games extensively? Condemned, CoD2, Perfect Dark Zero, PGR3, DOA4 and many other 360 games are simply amazing to say the least. The only games that I am ever interested in buying have multiplayer, but that is just me... but that doesn't make the single player games (such as Condemned) bad, they just don't have the key aspect I look for in gaming.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Nope, not really. Obviously, I try to do the best I can by seeing various game clips/screens (in the highest quality possible) and by reading up on impressions/reviews from a number of people, either at review sites or from message boards; however, I haven't been able to take the extra step and play these games and form my own opinion about them yet. Out of the launch lineup, I'd probably say Condemned is the game I'd like to play the most since I'm more of a single-player type gamer (opposite of you basically). It seems to give off a Silent Hill type feel in 1st person, which is something I'd probably like. Story seemed pretty interesting too.

I should note that even if I do get a chance to play the 360 in a few weeks, I'm not sure how much I'll actually try to play it. During this past semester, I didn't play my PS2 that much due to a lot work I had to do, and that was despite the fact that I bought a ton of games to try out. Hopefully, I'll be able to check it out a little bit at least, but I'm not giving any promises. As Surfguy said back when the system launched, I'm not the best source anymore for some of these things, such as which games are good and what they have to offer.

3. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I thought they took out a ton of stuff on the 360 version. You make it sound great but all I have seen around the net is REALLy low scores.

I have been curious about it and been wanting to rent it.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

To be fair, I never played the earlier one. I got this one as a gift, and just started playing it and really like. Old ones may be mroe detailed for all I know...

5. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

if anyone has xbox live and nba 2k6 and ever wants a game my gamertag is sycostaggs.

i own nba 2k6,condemed and cod 2, all of these games are great in my opinion some im really looking foward to are gears of war, fight night round 3( demo was awesome) college hoops 2k6 and oblivion.

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I might look you up. Haven't played 2K 360 online yet, but been meaning to try it out.

7. RC Cola

I'm not sure exactly when it will come out, but Medal of Honor: Airborne might be another game to look forward to on the 360. Gameinformer had an article about it that showed off the game and it looks VERY good...almost makes COD2 look like a current-gen title. The screens they showed were supposed to be PS3 screens, but the game is also coming out on the 360, so I imagine it would look somewhat similar. With this and Fight Night, EA has done quite a job producing some real next-gen graphics…something I didn't really see in some of their 360 launch titles.

8. noize

noize Contributing Member

A general opinion of the games I have.

PGR3- Almost a photo realistic looking game(except for the ugly trees) with not much substance in terms of racing/mod. A fun arcade/sim racer with an awesome in dash view, nothing more. Its the most highly ratted 360 game, and to be honest I think its overratted.

COD2- An impressive FPS game that showcases what the 360 could do pretty well. It runs at 60fps in which I love, a smooth running, with a high qaulity feel thats a good pick-up for a first time 360 owner.

Demos I've played:

NFS:MW- Not my cup of tea, but you know the deal if you've played the series.

FNR3: Probally the most technically impressive game on the 360 in terms of graphical acheivement. Wow, at first I thought I was looking at a cgi for a second, until I was able to control the models. All of the details are there, sweats, bumps and bruises with no jaggies at all. On the other hand, gameplay and animation need some work(stiff controls and bad punch detection) and there're glitches here and there. I'm sure it will be more polish upon release. Non the less, a true next gen looking title.

Kameo- Seems like a fun games for young kids with its lush fantasy setting them. Not really my style, but I could see some people loving it(Zelda fan,Mario fans...).

NBALive- Very nice graphics and it was better then I initially thought. In some ways it look better then NBA2k6 believe it or not. Too bad, its the same old live gameplay which sux..

Madden2006- The worst looking 360 game I've seen. Its the same old ugly madden models and the gameplay is not as deep like before.

Condemed:- Surprisingly, this game is just great! Wow, how did I pass this one up? Its the most clever looking and playing game on the 360 with a little bit of innovation. Its a survival horror game done in a first person view with emphasis on melee attacks which is a new concept to me. You play as a detective investigator solving crimes through various real-life forensic procedure. Great presentation, very impressive graphics,great animation with a smooth framrates and its actually scary...I'm always suspecting someone is behind me b/c of the 1st person view. This game is defintely a sleeper hit for me so i suggest you guys check it out if you haven't already. Monolith, the team resbonsible for F.E.A.R created this game as well and Sega publish it.

#28 noize, Jan 15, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  9. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I would try out COD2 if you like first person shooters. It is a FPS of high quality, but if you don't like those kind of games, this isn't going to change your mind. Condemned is survival horror done correctly with a pretty good story behind it. I played it at a friend's place and production quality is through the roof on this one. I think this might be one of the best looking 360 titles.

I have Need For Speed. This is probably my most played game as I really like the NFS series and this continues the legacy of good games.

I also have Madden. The game is incomplete. The producers of the game have admitted they didn't have tim to get everything in. The animations, and general gampley is broken. Now, with that said I am getting some fun out of the game anyway. Probably as to do with me being a football junkie

NBA2k6 is kind of re-worked. Hard to put my finger on it, but the game seems like it was tweaked alot better for the 360. I am not talking only graphically, I am talking about gameplay. Out of the box I get a more realistic NBA experience without fooling with the sliders. The graphics are better, heck they even have the Toyota Center in the game where the XBox version didn't. The 360 version seems more complete to me.

Lastly I have DOA4. I bought it mainly on hype as I haven't really liked much of the DOA series. I am more of a Tekken man. I think it looks awesome, but not really in love with the gameplay. This probably will be traded in or sold.

10. Ollie

Ollie Member

Best game for the $ (and maybe funnest game, PERIOD)- Geometry Wars

11. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

Well I ended up getting NBA 2k6 what can I say I just can't pass up a basketball game. But having owned both the xbox and now the 360 version I have some observations.

Graphically the game is great but has a flaw. The game runs extremely choppy in 1080i but looks beautiful. Not a huge deal since I just set the tv to 480p and the game ran very smooth. The player models are very well done and makes the game feel more realistic.

And the gameplay has really been tightened up. The game feels more realistic than the xbox version. The steals have been toned down a lot and now I can actually hang with the CPU in rebounding. They are very subtle tweaks but make the game experience a lot better.

Overall the best basketball game I have ever played. I go online sometimes so if you have this game and Live my gamertag is MASTER CHIEFERS.

12. Svpernaut

13. RC Cola

They showed GR:AW on the 1up show last week, and it does look amazing. A lot of great games for the 360 in February and March (FN3, GR:AW, TESIV, think BF:MC, and some others I can't think of).

14. Svpernaut

Yeah, March is a great month for the 360... check out the gameplay videos of it here...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/tomclancysghostrecon3/media.html

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I played Burnout revenge on xbox360 at CES. it rocks!

16. Svpernaut

Oooh! I can't wait for that one, BO3 was awesome.

17. Skazo

Skazo Contributing Member

I'm waiting for Oblivion. Have you see the screenshots :eek:

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The thing about the 360 is that if you have an HDTV it is amazing.....however, a lot of the HD of games are simply PC games that have been ported over, but they look GREAT on TV.

DD

19. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Fight Night Round 3 is the game im waiting on. Im glad i have a 360 just for this game. Ive been playing round 2 forever and it still hasnt gotten boring. Ive read the initial previews of round 3 and it looks like its going to be a killer game.

20. Ollie

Ollie Member

You can d/l a demo from XBL Marketplace. You can only fight 4 rounds and it's always Hopkins vs. Jones Jr.