1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bryant attempts 41 shots against Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by xomox, Jan 8, 2006.

1. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

talk about lack of trust. this is beyond ball hog.

2. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

i had a feeling someone would start a thread about this after i saw the box score.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

but they won.....

4. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

If you watched the game, you'll know it's Kobe turned it around and he had to take these many shots to will the win. 2-12 in first half, 15-29 in second.

5. lalala902102001

I'll take 50 points on 41 shots any day of the week.

6. SunsRocketsfan

i watched the game and i must say that was one amazing performance from KOBE.. I HATE KOBE with a great passion.. he just seems like a punk to me.. but i have to admit after watching him the past month.. since all laker games are on here.. he is definately one of the best players in the game. he single handly bought the lakers bakc and won the game. hit the game winning shot too. and got fouled on a few of his 3s.. he hit like 7 out of 7 3s last night and hit something close to that tonite as he couldnt miss when they really needed the basket...

i hate to admit it . but he is one level above Tmac now.. dont get me wrong i will still take tmac on our team any day but kobe is the better player and fierece competitor.. maybe if Tmac didnt have his back injury.. but right now kobe is amazing.. . thats all i ahve to say about that

7. Ownage

Ownage Member

Kobe also had 8 assists. So not only did he score 50 points, but he also passed the ball around.

8. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

Kobe is the best player in the NBA now period

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

That is the best argument i have ever heard :rolleyes:
    I do not agree, like is said to you in the other kobe Thread(there are to much of them now). he is good, but not the best, he does not make his teamates better(even worsse look at Odom). Players as Duncan do make his teammates better.

10. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Kobe easily makes cook better, who can make open shots in consistent base. Odom, on the other hand, miss 3 open shots in final minutes of last 3 games at the end of last year. Lakers lost all 3 with a total of 9.

Odom has the ball, he gets the ball first and can find his shots if he wants, but he defers too much.

Odom is a good passer, good rebounder, just not a good scorer.

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Seriously not that impressive. 50 points? Impressive. But not the 17-41 shooting. 17-30 and 50 pts would have been impressive and, even then, not extraordinary.

Evan

12. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Uhm, there's no period at the end of that sentence... Ironic no?

13. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

know what'd be even more impressive?

50 points on 100 shots.

nice round number :)

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

50 points on 17-41 is not really impressive. Especially when the guy he was guarding went 12-18 for 36 points (Cuttino baby!).

Kobe is a freakin ball hog and no other superstar is ever gonna want to play with him.

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

actually, kobe shot worse than the team did overall.

kobe - 17/41 = 41.5%
    team - 39/91 = 42.9%

EDIT - the rest of the team shot 22/50 = 44%

#15 jo mama, Jan 8, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL! I love how Kobe appologists praise him for scoring 50 points and forget that it took him 41 shots to do so. Yah, I am sure some of you would love to see McGrady put up nearly 40 shots a game on consistent basis, but the moment he does that and tries to jack up his stats that way while not involving his teammates is the moment I stop being a McGrady fan.

Same applies to any other player in the league. Taking 40 shots is beyond rediculous, unless you're shooting over 50% on that many attempts, you should NEVER get even close to that.

That's what's wrong with the NBA: the fans who don't understand basketball and are more impressed with one-man shows and personal highlights than team basketball.

They won the game, so that's good, but that doesn't change the fact that 40 shots is way too damn much and detremintal to team chemistry.

I don't care how many shots or points Kobe scores, but don't come back with that **** about him being "better than X player" because he jacks up 10-15 shots more in a game than the average superstar in the league. If you shoot that many shots and make 41-42% of them, that's not a great accomplishment, contrary to popular beliefs.

Is Kobe a great talent? No doubt about it. Is he a great teammate and a team player? I think that almost any star player in the league has him beat in that category.

Keep your Kobe, I will keep McGrady hobbled and all.

17. Anderlicht

Anderlicht Member

He wasn't guarding Mobley. Odom was.

18. davidwu

davidwu Contributing Member

Did you watch the game? It's Odom guarding Mobley the majority of the time.

19. davidwu

davidwu Contributing Member

Man you are talking like KB shoots 41 times every game.

For this specific one, you have to watch the game to understand the game flow:

1. 1st quarter, KB 1/6 but others' were falling. Lakers led.
    2. 2nd quater, KB 1/6 again, so did the others, Lakers fell behind.
    So for the fist half, attempt wise, he is on average.

Then since 3rd quarter, Clippers on a run and led by as many as 12. Then KB was feeling the rhythm and shot above 50%, and many long 3s. If it's not his 2nd half performance, Lakers lost for sure, cuz Cat and Brand were unstoppable.

Now in this case, do you want KB took 25 shots and took the loss too? And it's not like he wasn't passing and defending at all (8 rbounds and 8 assists).

20. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

he's a g.d. ballhog. Nothing more. It wasn't like he was on fire and just throwing stuff at the rim and having it go in.

Its not he Los Angeles Lakers.

Its the Los Kobes Kobes