1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns scored 47points in 1st Quarter

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jlwee, Jan 6, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

It will be a huge loss to the Suns, NBA and even basketball games.

A lot less ppl will watch basketball if every team plays JVG's games.

2. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

You said it! Nash is the Suns MVP. Some people dissed that idea last year and said it was Amare, but the truth is clearly before us. If Nash goes down, the Sun goes down in Phoenix. Remember how badly they slumped without him last year when he was injured.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Shows how overrated Amare is.

Pat Riley should go ahead and fire himself now. What exactly has he done in about two deacades now?

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Joe Johnson averages over 19 ppg, 5.5 apg, and 4 rpg...on 45% shooting. His success in Phoenix was a result of his talent, not Nash's.

QRich, I'll give you. However, other than making 3 pointers, he wasnt that good in Phoenix either. As a Sun, he average 11 more minutes a game than as a Knick, so you cant directly compare the numbers. He only shot 38% as a Sun as well...not good.

5. Strathead

Strathead Member

There are only two players in the game today that can really influence their teams to win consistently. They are Duncan and Nash. You really have to look beyond the stats on this one. They don't neccessarily take the most shots night in night out but their influence on their respective team is very obvious when you watch them play. They are clearly leaders on and off the court and they have tremendous efficiency when they play. They simply play very economically which is actually a rare thing in today's NBA. Most "superstars" are just trying too hard to score 40 pts these days.

6. Ownage

Ownage Member

Overated? Amare will be a mvp one day. Once Amare comes back, suns will be hard to beat. They just beat the spurs. Imagine how good they will be once amare gets back. Its scary..
    You dont average 37 points in a playoff series, and with duncan even himself he was outplayed by Amare, by being overated..

7. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

This is just a game. It's not going to be the same when it comes to the playoff. Watch for the Suns to be sweep by the Spurs again this playoff, or maybe the Suns will be lucky to win one game.

Spurs is the best team in the NBA, they only show it in the playoff.

Tim Duncun--Need I say more
    Ginobily----X factor that lacks on every team
    Parker--Lightning speed that will give every team headache
    Bowen---Stop other teams best player
    Horry-----Magic
    Finley---a plus to plus

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Ummm...all you need to ask is, where would the suns be had Nash been the one injured and Amare was the one playing.

Lottery bound for sure.

This run and gun crap works well in the regular season, but I have yet to see it do anything in the playoffs.

Amare is good, but once Nash hits the downside of his career in about two years Phoenix is going to be in rebuilding mode.

9. terse

terse Member

I have a story about Steve Nash.

I was rather grumpy during the 2000 Summer Olympics because I had to go on a business trip to Kansas City, and I was going to miss half the fun. To make up for some of the deprviation, I chose a hotel with a large satellite dish, where I could follow at least some of the action.

So there I was one evening in my hotel room. For some reason I decided to tune into the Canada vs. Australia basketball game. I would have switched away after a few minutes, because neither team was all that talented overall, except for one player who caught my eye.

It was immediately clear that the Aussies were much the better team, with better players in every position -- except one. The Canadians had an exceptional point guard, a real dynamo who was everywhere on offence, penetrating, dishing to teammates, and shooting excellently. He dominated the game despite having clearly inferior teammates, and despite the hostile fans; these were the Sydney Olympics, so of course the people were wildly cheering on their national team. In spite of all the handicaps, the Canadians had their brilliant point guard, and he was more than enough. Canada won by a score of something like 100-90.

I had no idea who the long-haired point guard was, but I immediately made a point of finding out. And I have been following his career ever since.

That guy, of course, was Steve Nash.