1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Texans will take Reggie Bush

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by MingMaham, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I too have said that from the beginning and will go that route. The team VY is on is the team I will invest my money and cheer on.

He too has changed the way I watch and care about football and for that I will always be loyal to him. Where he goes my NFL loyalty will go, and loyal I shall be. :)

2. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

No they are still going to criticize the Texans for not letting him know they will take him if he enters the draft. I believe it has already started in this thread.

3. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Yup, I certainly feel that way.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

this all got personal at my house, today. i was telling my 5 year old that i'll be rooting for where VY ends up. he became very angry with me. he started crying and said i should just move to tennessee. :)

5. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Damn Vince only fans :rolleyes:

:)

6. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

all you people saying the Texans cant afford to rebuild around Vince make me laugh.
    we are 2-14 and in the gutter.
    the offense has always been sub par, and could with stand some rebuilding.
    it doesnt get much worse than that.

7. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Great news. The Texans shut up the gossip and moved forward.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This "we have to win now" debate is really bothering me. Has anyone looked at our schedule next year. Let me post it.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/2006_opponents#schedule

Home: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Buffalo, Miami, Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland

Away:Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New England, N.Y. Jets, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Oakland

Sure fire wins include Buf, and Cle @ home. And Away NYJ. Thats 3 fore sure wins. The Maybes include Jax, Tenn, and Oak.

We'll be lucky if we win 5 games next year. Anyone who thinks otherwise is dellusional.

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This draft might be remembered as THE DRAFT THAT DIVIDED A CITY

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Let's see what they do in the offseason first and then see how they stack up against the competition. This team wasn't as bad as their record indicates. They're bad, but they lost a lot of close games. Should they hire a good coach/coordinators, bloster that line, improve the defense then I think we'll be ok. It's a tough schedule but depending on how this team improves in the offeseason it might not be that bad.

And I'll add that I don't think anyone is suggesting we have to win now. But I don't think people as well as the organization want to just give up and completely rebuild this team, admitting the last 4 years were wasted. I don't believe that cause the team was showing progress till this season. We got some solid core players in there, we jost gotta weed out the crap.

11. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

This is intruiging. I didn't think that Texan's fans would jump ship, if they didn't draft Young.

Perhaps we can start the 9,000,001 thread on this topic titled, "Who would follow Young and leave the Texans, if they draft Bush".

I would, but I don't want to break the 9 million barrier.

12. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I think UT only ran the option three times against SC.

I hate the Titans, but I would root for them if VY played there.

13. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

What is with the love affair for Young in here anyway?
    Does it really matter that the guy lives around here and is a hometown guy?
    Why don't we draft all the Houstonian college players for a hometown reuinion. We can pick up players from Sam Houston and SFA. That would be great because they are HOMETOWN.

I don't care where Vince is from...I just want the Texans to start winning, plain and simple. They can start winning next season with a new coach, philosophy, awesome back in Bush and a more seasoned Carr.

Young is a true gamble...Bush is not. The QB is the most important position on the field and Carr has proven when he has time he can be very effective. Give Bush a hole or corner and he's gone.

With Young, who knows how he will play without his shotgun college gamecalling. NFL defenses are faster and smarter than anything he has ever seen. He won't have Mack, he'll have to learn a new system and I sometimes question his intelligence. He seems a little ignorant, at least in interviews.

I dunno, I'm just more sold on Bush than Young and I'm going to have some confidence in the experts, not some armchair experts that are in here.

Turst me, Kubiak and Reeves (who have a lot of experience with great QBs) will make the right decision!!!

14. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Excellent news.

For those of you who want to disown your hometown team, you were't a true fan anyways. See ya. More seating options for my season tickets.

Go Texans.

15. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Haven't a lot of the experts gotten on the Young bandwagon? He was very highly regarded; it was just a question of his rank relative to Bush. For many he leapfrogged Bush.

Can anybody make a case for Bush dominating any game more than VY did that game? Of course it is only one game, but it was THE GAME.

16. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

what if he goes to siberia? har har har!

17. reggietodd

If Bush were from Houston originally and Young from San Diego I wonder if people would have the same stance?

I want the Texans to get the best guy, regardless of where he grew up.

18. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

This thread has way too much rampant UT fanboyism for me, Reggie Bush > VY for the texans, if we were gonna pick a QB it should be leinart anyway, vince may be faster than everyone on a college field, he'll be about as fast as linebackers in the NFL.

19. reggietodd

LoL, I can't get over this thread....

Where ever Reggie Bush goes that will be my new NFL team. If he goes to New Orleans, i'm moving there and getting a new job and buying Saints gear, i'm also planning to help rebuild the city and help clean up the superdome. I'll stand my ground and will fear no hurricane, for I am a New Orleans saints fan. :rolleyes:

God that sounds ridiculous. You guys are something else. lol

20. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

I think I am about to freaking puke.... The guy's incredible, don't get me wrong...but you sound like you've got a crush on him or something!

I hate to be a homer, but I'll root for the Texans no matter WHO they draft....because I love Houston a LOT more than I love Vince Young.

I'm more concerned about McNair hiring some coaches that are worth a crap. Start with Kubiak, give him an unlimited coaching budget and let him do his thing. If he can turn Jake Plummer into something decent, I feel pretty good about him making something out of Carr.