1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns scored 47points in 1st Quarter

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jlwee, Jan 6, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jlwee

jlwee Member

against the HEAT!!!!

Is this an NBA record??? :eek:

2. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

dont know.. but Steve Nash had 12 assists in one quarter!!! :eek: :eek:

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Probably not a record, did you guys here the announcer say that the Heat are on pace to score 100 but lose by 88? That was funny.

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Man, not sure if the credit should go to Nash or D'Antoni or both, but the silky smooth offense they play and the way they make it all look so easy is just purly amazing. Pheonix fans are lucky to have such a show on 41 nights a year.

5. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

But they still miss the highlights dunks by Amare on Sportscenter.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I feel good that I was one of those who thought Boris Diaw would flourish in D'Antoni's European offense. D'Antoni is going to be an assistant for the US Basketball team, God send!

7. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Man, playing with Steve Nash must be so much fun. :)

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Playing with Steve Nash is the equivilent of playing for the Rockies in Major League Baseball. All the players that play with them get some major inflated stats then get big contracts and go else where only to suck it up. (Q-Rich and Joe Johnson)

This guy must be getting a cut for every player that leaves the Suns and gets some big money after he makes them look like studs out there. Just look at who he is working with now and making them play great....Definently one of the best players to play the game...all around..

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think the "Those players are only good because Steve Nash makes them great" line is a bit overplayed. It's not like Dallas players started sucking once he left.

10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Well my answer to that would be the fact that Dallas had a star that demanded the ball like Dirk. In Pheonix everyone on the team basically runs with Nash and Nash is the man on that team. There isnt' anyone that demands the ball and takes the ball out of Nash's hands so it is a bit of a different setup in Pheonix then it was in Dallas.

I still believe with the way Nash runs the floor and he is able to have the ball in his hands at all times compared to when he was in Dallas really makes a difference in Pheonix. Im not saying that he makes them great, but he definently makes anyone who fits the run and gun style offense that much better.

He opens the floor up for them so much more by his ball handling and court vision. If Nowitzki had let Nash completly have the ball at all times everyone else on the Mavs would be better than they are. Dallas definently had more big name guys that demanded the ball in their hands a bit more than Pheonix that has players that on another team would ride the pine and not perform to how they are doing in Pheonix. They are definently benefiting from a great point guard however you look at it.

11. jjfjj

jjfjj Member

D'Antoni is a genius !!

12. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

I also think last year's "Nash is only performing the way he is because he has Amare, Marion, and Joe Johnson running the wing" line from more than a few other people on this board is a bit overplayed, as well.

Nash doesn't necessarily "make" people better but he definitely enhances their games and puts them in exponentially better positions to succeed.

As for Dallas, Dirk is simply a great player. He could have David Wesley running point and still get floor position and spacing for his shots.

Nash's biggest impact comes with players who aren't as adept at creating their own shots. He also changes tempo and controls the floor better than most other point guards.

He's just a great player. Bottom line.

13. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Unreal.. 42 made shots for phoenix.. 38 freakin assists!!

14. Ownage

Ownage Member

Once Amare gets back.. Watch out i say...

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'm amazed they ended with only 110 some odd points.

Sportscenter said that the 47 point quarter was the second highest points in a quarter in Suns history.

16. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Steve Nash had 19 assists in 34 minutes! :eek: An assist every 2 minutes! That's simply amazing. He only had 3 to's for all that passing.

17. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Pat Riley is gonna have a vein in his head burst. I can't believe the Heat let them score that many points in the 1st quarter in the game right after Riley blew up at them.

I'll say it again: Nash is poetry in motion. I can't believe how well the Suns have held up. Major props to D'Antoni also. Maybe I was wrong about him.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Funny people dog the run and shoot
    this is basically the basketball equivelent

Will they win a championship with it
    not with out a lil modification

Rocket River

19. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

PS, I don't really think Joe Jonhson has "sucked it up" in Atlanta, he's just on a team that's not very good. QRich, however....

20. 12345

12345 Member

If Nash ever gets injured...