1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 1/5/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2006.

1. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

You know that guy who said we would every game till the all-star break last year? I can't remember his name :( , but he needs to do that again now! He's good luck!

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Do I feel the ship turning? Are we charting a new course?

Wow, somebody break Alston's other leg, his first injury made him into a completely different player.

3. Himalayas

Himalayas Contributing Member

He's just back what he was in Toronto, coz he has more opportunities to handle the ball. Hopefully, JVG will let him do what he's capable of.
    6 ast and 0 to is a good indiction that he could be a good play-maker for ROX.

4. dabien1

dabien1 Member

As long as the Rockets play on the road, i feel a lot better about their chances to win dang'ol..

5. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

did anyone see J. Barry, he looked totally lost. Time to go home and play with kids. Of course I hope I am rong.

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Where is that moron laker fan who was bashing tracy? his name was himayala or something. there has been few morons here uestioning tracy. they even asked for him to be traded. jackasses...

BTW, how good is Rafer looking now?.. mike who? :D

7. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

you do realize that this is his first game in like a month, right?

8. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

What is that supposed to mean?

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You do realize he hasn't played any real numbers since November. He came back for about 5min a few weeks ago. Then he was re-injured. So, no. I don't think there's anything wrong with him. He needs a few games to get back.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Just got back from the game, it was a good time. The Rockets are now 2-0 in games I attend, maybe i'm good luck or something? ;)

Anyways, great things.

I got quite the kick out of seeing T-Mac punk down LeBron. I don't care how many points LeBron finished with, LeBron couldn't guard him to save his life. The only time LeBron scored was when the ohh soo predictible PnR caused a defensive switch putting somebody like Wesley on him. Sure, LeBron hit a couple of those fadeaways he always hits but other than that he had nothing, never beat him once and defensively for LeBron, T-Mac mopped the floor with him.

It was also great to see the exceptional, yes exceptional, play of our guards. Head and Alston were both very effective on both ends of the floor. Alston played one of the most complete games i've seen in a long time for a Rockets PG. Head looks so comfortable out there for a rookie, this guy is such a solid addition to our core. He has no fear at all to step up to take the big shot or shut down a quick guard like Mike Wilks or anything else we've asked him to do in this injury plagued season. This was the first game in I don't know how long that dribble penetration from the opposing team hasn't absolutely destroyed us.

Only downsides were Swift and Barry looked like garbage. Deke didn't play particularly well and Bowen got in, although briefly.

Overall though, great effort and a big win that I feel very fortunate to have been there sitting in the stands with my Rockets jersey and Steelers hat to witnessed. :D

11. chewy

chewy Member

NICEEEEEEEE we're on a roll 2 games baby, so are we gonna end up trading cause I don't want to :)

12. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

yeah man looks like we're turning things around, I think we can get 6th seed.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You are wrong.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Couldn't watch, but I heard the whole thing on the radio. Nice win over a good East team.

16. joeguo

joeguo Contributing Member

17. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

I stand corrected, I used the word bashing when he didnt really do it that much. He is quite entertaining, but i guess the thing that bothered me most as some people have stated was his disregard for our team. To me it seems he was taking suttle jabs, as in always leaning in favor for the Cavs to win. How we were being bailed out by a call here, and the 50 times he mentioned how Larry Hughes is injured to the 1-2 times Marv stated Yao was out. I've been a little sensitive about our rocks lately ;) .

Totally agree with you about the TNT crew. They are extremely entertaining, but Kenny and Charles are complete tools. I enjoy the crap out of Charles's mouth, but tonite they bashed us like we lost the game but I guess that comes with a last place record. I cant wait til we shut them up again...

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

How do you feel about the team now? Still don't think we have the pieces to make a playoff run. I think if we go .550-.600 by the time Yao gets back, we can make the playoffs and get to the second round. The eight seed will be murder so we better not get the eight, we need the 6th or better to get to the second round.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

The last two games have been encouraging. The greatest surprise is the play of Alston. His play before the injury was not impressive, very ordinary highlighted by poor shooting. Since his return he has looked like a different player. Playoffwise, the Rockets have a "long row to hoe." The good thing is that the records in the West are not as good as one might expect.

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Great win...Needed that over a descent team...