1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox waive John Lucas III, Josh Davis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wstar, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Vienna Calling

This probably is one of the least intelligent posts I've read in long time.

2. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I just flew to Sacramento, and had to connect out of Portland to come to DC. I doubt Sacramento has very many direct flights to Houston, so the flight coming from Portland doesn't mean they were from Portland.

If there is an ounce of truth to the Sacramento trade possibility, I'd love it. My first thought regarding JL3 getting cut, was that there had to be a trade in the offing, too. I doubt it was for salary cuts ... we just petitioned the league to get another spot, and JL3 was as cheap as you get.

#102 Sherlock, Jan 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  3. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

Damn, I work with Lucas daughter, but I feel to bad asking her why he got waived. As soon as I find out, ill post something.

#103 NBAHOU713, Jan 4, 2006
  4. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I liked JL3 just as much as everyone else, and it seems the rockets organization did too by the comments in the paper today. But all we can do right now is trust CD/JVG and hope they have something better in the works. If there is a trade lets hope for artest or bibby and that we dont have to give up too much. The rockets management has taken alot of steam this season, and i can see why, the expectations were set pretty high. But its not the managements fault that we have had so many injuries. Alston and Swift may have taken a little longer than we expected to get going but i think things will go well. All we can do is support the management, give them a little time and hope for the best.

5. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Releasing Lucas after the impact he had last night is inexcusable. Surely the Rockets have something else going on. right? It was Lucas who helped extend the Rockets lead in the 2nd quarter with T-Mac on the bench. Man, Lucas got seriously hosed.

It's just not like the Rockets cut a player after that player played, frankly, really well in the minutes he got.

6. MasterIce

MasterIce Contributing Member

A piece of advice....Try not to post real names...especially when it comes to this kind of speculation....

#106 MasterIce, Jan 4, 2006
  7. NBAHOU713

Your right, delete that off your response please, i fixed it on my end

8. Biggienaz786

Biggienaz786 Member

i'm thinking it's b/c of an impending trade, like most everyone else on this thread. and that makes sense, b/c this would be the time to do it - most of our trade bait players [except moochie] had good games yesterday. wesley, stro show, and juwanna man all did reasonably well, so their stock is at a temporary high.

9. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

He/she might take your advice and edit their message, but then the problem is by you quoting the reply fully, you still have the aforementioned real name quoted in your message for all to see.

Just a piece of advice. ;)

10. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member

No offense, but no GM makes a trade based on 1 or 2 games.....at least none that want to keep their jobs.

11. Biggienaz786

Biggienaz786 Member

i don't know about that - some of the people that post have a totally unintelligent grasp of grammar and english. i'm not talking about spelling typos or ghetto slang or anything like that, either, b/c i'm down with that. i dunno, it's just difficult to get through some of their sentences.

12. jli

jli Member

13. Biggienaz786

Biggienaz786 Member

yeah, [no offense, but] that'd be almost as foolish as making a trade based on the potential of someone who's sucked under two good coaches, huh?

14. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Continental is the only direct carrier from Portland to Houston so there would be no connection through Portland on any other carrier (unless there was an additional stop in between PDX and IAH/HOU). Continental has direct flights to all of the NBA markets so a connection through Portland wouldn't make sense.

It had to be one of the following:

1. Blazer execs
    2. Execs from another team that had business in Portland
    3. a visit that has nothing to do with impending player movement.

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If we are trading for a high-salaried player like Bibby, we would be sending out more contracts than we would take back. So there would be no need to make room on the roster. If we are trading McGrady for cap fodder, okay, we need room.

Maybe we are trading either Wesley or Moochie straight up for two players. I doubt it - I think we are just avoiding guaranteed money and will add someone when the 10 day contracts start. Nonetheless, don't look for a splash - a splash would involve us sending out more players than we get back.

p.s. maybe Sprewell is fixing to take our veteran minimum offer? :confused:

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

The move is odd, you don't have to clear a roster spot prior to consummating a multi-player deal. I remember many deals where they trade the players and then cut whomever to make room for the new players after the fact.

Why would CD sign the guys and then cut them so capriciously, only thing I can think of is that the JL3 and JD didn't cut it in practice and JVG decided there was no reason to keep 'em. They did the same thing with Brandin Knight last year, signed him for a couple of days and then cut him. If I remember, they went out and signed Strickland a few weeks after.

17. Rollinrockets

Rollinrockets Member

Oh c'mon thats no reason to trade. I mean it all drains to the same place right?

Maybe they didnt wipe their sweat off the weight bench when they were done working out...
    ;)

18. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Any news is good news.. God I hope it's a big name player.. COME ON CD, work that magic you had last year at this time!! Keep the hope alive!!

19. NBAHOU713

Its some what a slap in the face to the Lucas family, in my opinion. The kid did good, they should have given him the opportunity. They should have just waived moochie, although I know it doesnt work that way for contract reasons.

20. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

one can only hope :p