1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[First-Time]Rockets Game Expectations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ubiquitin, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So, as some of you may or may not know I will be going to this wednesday's game against Toronto. So how early should I arrive? How much is parking? I have the two burgers/two drinks combo, so food shouldn't be an issue, right? Am I allowed to take my digital camera? Can I get players autographs after the game? Photo with the player? Will Yao play? Will Yao be in attendance if he doesn't? Anything I know but I didn't ask?

I am sorry for the ignorance about the subject. This is my first Rockets game because I am normally in Ohio during the Rockets season, and this year I decided to visit my Dad in Houston for my birthday (first birthday in my city of birth, how pathetic...) and I bought Rockets tickets! Please help!

2. GrapeJuices

GrapeJuices Contributing Member

Just get there 30 minutes before the game and you'll be fine. There's going to be traffic going there but not heavy traffic though. THere are a lot of parking places you have to pay for but if you park on the side of the road, you don't pay jack squat. I was a sucker, payed for parking for almost a year only to find out there was free parking every corner i looked. :(

3. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

*If I were you I'd arrive atleast an hour early. Its especially fun on the holidays because of the crowd and there are little games you can play for prizes if you really want to find something to do.

*I think the parking garage is like $15, but there are plenty of other places where you can park. The parking lots around the TC are about $10 and there are parking garages around at only $5, but you'll have to walk a bit if you choose those. Oh ya, and if you do arrive an hour early there are plenty of free parking areas on the side of the road. Haha.. hardly anyone knows bout these so even if you arrive just 20 min early you should be able to get a spot.

*You dont need to worry bout food if you got the guys night out deal. I'd just recommend to get the food before the game and eat it before the game starts so you can go crazy and cheer without worrying bout dropping your food and stuff.

*You can bring your digital camera and if you arrive early and stand infront of the Rockets tunnel, you may get some autographs and pics (i did this last yr).

*Yao may or may not be at the game depending on his injury. You may be able to get his autograph if he does show.

*You can fill out allstar ballots during the game and I think if you fill out and turn in 50 (w/ the help of a buddy) you can choose from one of the rocket posters. The Rockets have a limited amount of ballots they can give out every night and so you'll have to go to the all star booth early before they run out. You can ask the people at the booth for the details if you want to do it.

Hope that helps. HAvE FUNNN! And just wondering, what are your seats?

EDIT: you can also watch the Rockets warm up in their practice gym from outside the TC so before you walk in you might wanna watch. Like I said, there's a lot you can do so I'd get there early.

#3 BabyClutch, Dec 19, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  4. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

The games I've gone to this year, I've been able to park in $5 parking and only be a couple of blocks away. I think they are giving out 2006 calendars at that game so you might want to get there just a bit earlier than half hour if you want one. If you want to watch shoot around, you may want to be early as well. If your camera has a case, they'll want to look in it, but otherwise you should be fine. I get in with my binoculars without any hassle.

I don't know anything about autographs or photos with the players, maybe someone else can help with that.

Have fun!

5. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

My seats are in section 113 row 12. For the tunnel, how early should I get there? Bring a sharpie? Are they running out or just hanging there? What should I look for (I don't know where the tunnel is)?

6. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Cameras can have lenses up to 4 inches in length. If you have a point and shoot camera then that's no problem.
    There is music and hoops to shoot at in front of the TC if you get there early. You can also get there early enough to see shoot arounds on the court. That's cool too. Gives you time to check out the arena since it's your first.

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Speaking of calendars. Has anyone made their own? Care to share their images or their calendar for download?

8. BabyClutch

Looking at your seats, if you just went down to the section below you, you'd be right where you want to be. All the players pass that from the tunnel to the court. Some players jog out, some walk. Bring a sharpie and something you want signed and get their attention or something. Some of them will stop and give autographs, some wont. Here's a seating chart if you wanna see what im saying. http://www.houstontoyotacenter.com/seating/rockets.html

Good seats.

9. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

So when they go back in after shooting around is a good time?

10. BabyClutch

Im not sure. That would be good, but the two times I went down there for autographs the ushers told us all to go back to our seats (like they're suppose to), BUT that was before the warmup was over. Maybe you can get away with it, but I'd be there before they come out too, just in case.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

If you like getting a little tipsy when you watch Rockets games, better pound several before the game and just get one or two beers during to keep you going. Like at all pro sports arenas, the price of alcohol is outragous.

I've never had a problem bringing in a camera, although I can't say what their official stance is on that.

12. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

The lens has to be 4 inches or less. That is the only official policy.

13. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Thank you everyone! Go Rockets!

14. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Did you manage to get any signatures or pictures with the players? If you did, how did you do it?

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

just hangout by the tunnel during the shoot around. i would suggest going there right when the doors open 6pm, about 4-5 players from each team is usually still there during shoot around and go through the tunnel when they go back to their lockers. U can usually take pics and they will do autographs for you without any questions asked. Afterwards, just have fun exploring around the arena for the first time and there are little thing here and there to participate in. Maybe they will have a cheerleader autograph session both up and down stairs.

16. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Terrible game, though I had a blast. I got Ryan Bowen's signature, while David Wesely and Juwan Howard wanted to warm-up first. We're kicked out at 6:30 and no one else came out to warm up. I explored the Toyota Center a bit, ate and drank, and picked up ballots. I decided the ballots were not worth it and went to my seats. I had great seats for the visual game, but my camera made the pictures dark and fuzzy (3.1MP, what can I ask for?). The entire game, I believed we would come back, that McGrady would catch on fire and outscore the Raptors. Sadly, I was mistaken. The 3s rained on us all game, and had it not been for the rookie Head, the gap would've been higher. I would like post the best shots I took, but I am on dialup here in Houston. So I leave with only this one. :)

[​IMG]

17. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Nice pics. I guess there is some upside. :)

18. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Highlight of the game for me was the free calendar. :D

19. judoka739

judoka739 Member

dude, azadre I have but one question... are you single?? you are smoking hot whether you're the one on the left or right and I'd love to go out with you if you are single... btw who's that goofball in the middle??? hehe j/k

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

mmmmmmmmm, Leandra :)