1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Will never post again....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, Jul 4, 2001.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Cool Peterson. thx. Note that the bet started in February. We distilled it down to one sentence over time, but that doesn't change the spirit of the bet being a Dreamcasting Bet, not a who starts bet.

DaDakota
    Fine you can wait until Oct 31st. But for you do win, the rules have always been that a Rudy quote decides everything. If Rudy continues to call him a 2 position player like Horry was, the tie is favoring Crisco's side since we currently have a starting PF for the future.

This bet must consummate. We can't apply future Dreamcasting to a Dreamcasting bet...you agree?

You don't have to follow me, but you do have to accept defeat with the rest of us. An individual cannot go against the team and say they know more than all of us and Griffin really is a PF for the future, despite Rudy's quotes. We can't have runaway renegers, because if we do, it will likely cascade to not only ruin our fun here but also ruin the possibility of any other bets in the future.

You have to follow the team. You bet with a team. You did not bet as an individual. What do they say about kids: plays well with others. That's it: Play nice or don't play.

It was just a silly moniker that you are betting for one season.

So who else is a Runaway Reneger
    and who else is not willing to take defeat with their team's decision. I am willing to make it a democratic vote come Oct 31st, but good grief, that's so silly. And I'd have to start a whole new thread to annoy everyone.

Let's just start a Poll now
    Who on my team honestly believes heypartner's side lost, albeit the two scenarios mentioned in the opening post.

Who like puedlfor and DaDakota (and me) honestly believe Griffin is a PF for our future? If you do, tell me how we consummate the bet, other than votes from both sides or a Mango arbitration. Consider that we have Rudy on record saying Griffin will play both positions.

2. Shandon Anversen

i'm not personally convinced that eddie will be the opening day starter at SF.

however, like you said, you play as a team, not as an individual. it's not enough to be jerry stackhouse ("i got mine!") if the team leader concedes defeat (or proclaims victory), the body must follow.

[​IMG]

besides, i hear verse is coming back after this season. i think he went looking for shandn's "great post game".

3. heypartner

My vote

Crisco 1-0

Crisco's side won unless we lose our current PF and fail to replace him this summer with another starting PF, and Rudy proclaims Griffin as our PF for the future.

The reason for this is because DaDakota and Puedlfor's claim that Griffin will eventually be our PF will never make it as a Rudy quote by Oct 1st, and hence, it has way too much speculation in it. It is a weak technicality which requires us to NEVER trade Griffin in the future, nor Griffin ever having a career-ending injury. The bet thus could never consummate until Griffin actually becomes our PF, as you claim, or until Rudy announces it.

[This message has been edited by crispee (edited July 10, 2001).]

4. heypartner

verse,

Once and for all, this was a Dreamcasting Bet

This was a Dreamcasting Bet, not who Starts as SF bet. The spirit of the best was that I did not believe we would spend Cap Room nor make a major trade for a SF. Uh, there is NO DOUBT we made a major trade.

Because of that major Dreamcasting trade, Griffin does not need to be opening day starter, nor does he even need to be ahead of Langhi.

The bet was about predicted summer move priorities. None of us really expected a blockbuster trade to involve a player who can play SF, so we added the tie-breaker in the likely event we only had a middle-draft SF via the Draft.

Crisco and I were flooded with "What if" scenarios involving no blockbuster moves. So we agreed on the Langhi tie-breaker. Since we got a blockbuster trade, the Langhi tie-breaker is not needed.

Is that FINALLY settled or do I have to pull the original thread from February. [​IMG]

5. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Revolt!

I am not renting out anything! I just have split MPD, and whomever shows up at the BBS on a given day posts....it's as simple as that. I hereby refuse to EVER believe we lost. Thus, HOOP-T lives on.

He he he he!

I am kidding of course, about the MPD. Or am I?

------------------
    My doctor says I am bipolar. I am going to get a second opinion. I have never had intimate desires for polar bears.

6. T-POOH

T-POOH Member

your mean

------------------
    RIP HOOP-T

7. Sniper

Sniper Member

I'd say that we lost...when I took up with the bet I was assuming that we would look for a center because of our huge hole there.

Griffin is obviously not a center so I assumed that I lost the bet. The people who proposed the bet originally have stated that according to the spirit of the bet, we lost. I really don't care to go back and dig up the thread from February to look for a loophole or technicality.

Granted, I have a lot less to lose than most, but I would think that the higher your post count, the more your rep is at stake and that you'd feel more pressure to be honorable and conceed.

HeyP's side lost - just my 2 cents.

------------------
    It seems my aim was a little bit off...

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, for that one season I will accept Moe Tavern as renaming me...

Be gentle Moe....and remember...you can get a free copy of my PC game....if I like what you do.

No pressure though !!!

[​IMG]

DaDakota

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.

9. fatty fat fat

fatty fat fat Member

EWWWWW! Not pleased with any of the proposed monikers yet. (course, I guess I'm not supposed to be)

Anyway, tell me which one you choose, SaucyflossyRocket, and I'll change, accordingly. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I never did like that "Dr. Stupid""-Monty Burns

10. T-POOH

T-POOH Member

DaDakota,
    Are you leaving me to lead this revolt alone?

UGH! It's me and my personalities against the world. That's ok, we've been fine all our lives without you.

------------------
    RIP HOOP-T

11. UofTOrange

UofTOrange Contributing Member

Floyd, I hate to do this, but I'm waiting. Anyone seen floyd lately?

------------------
    Houston Rockets...Unbeatable
    Akeem Olajuwon

12. heypartner

oh man, those two are EXCELLENT moestavern19.

I'm leaning towards BahDakota because it fits his rocket's fan personality. [​IMG]

And I think you might get free game out of that one.

13. heypartner

RocketteBustier is great!

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thats it then.I hereby dub ROCKETBOOSTER.....RocketteBustier.

------------------
    Everybody has a little bit of Watergate in em - Billy Graham

[This message has been edited by hardwood (edited July 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by hardwood (edited July 11, 2001).]

15. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

perhaps you care for Fatbastard. Or maybe Jenny Craig works better. I can't decide.

------------------

16. Shandon Anversen

[​IMG] (whimper)

my ass is crispee...

[​IMG] (whimper)

17. Heath

Heath Member

I have been trying to do the right thing for a long time, but no-one will rename me. Give me a name, and I will change, I conceeded with heypartner and I want my new name - how hard can it be?

Crisco team - start coming up with suggestion and have a vote, or perhaps chose one of the creative ones suggested by our team. Come on, I'm waiting!!!

------------------
    The CC.net NBA Sim Board/Homepage

18. heypartner

crispee asses are so nice and tender.

Rocketsauce...hehe.

How about Fatty Fatbastard?

19. UofTOrange

UofTOrange Contributing Member

Me too, I agree. Heyp conceeded and therefore I conceeded. So give me a name already.

------------------
    Houston Rockets...Unbeatable
    Akeem Olajuwon

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

heath

how about heath the norwegian ninny

------------------
    How Sweet It Is! How Sweet It Is!
    Gene Peterson on the rockets winning the 1995 championship over the Orlando Magic