1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why don't people cooperate with police?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Franchise3, Dec 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Like how? Wrestling her to the ground? That would've probably caused her more harm than the Taze. She was warned at least 3 times she was going to be tazed before she decided to take a swing at officer B. How do you suggest it be handled?

2. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Excellent. That is one of the better vids i've seen.

People need to learn how to respect the law.

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

lady: why did you pull me over

officer: because you're going 51 mph in a 35 mph zone

lady: you are not allowed to clock anybody while you are driving

me: what a dumb b****

#23 Texas Stoke, Dec 14, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  4. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

5. Secret Agent 7

I've been pepper sprayed and tazed...I'll take the TAZZZZ over the spray anytime! The absolute worst is the CS grenades the Army uses...pure pain!

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I don't see anything wrong with what happened, she simply didn't cooperate and was warned repeatedly. I've had a couple of friends get tasered at nightclubs and I will tell you after it happens and it is all over it is the funniest thing in the world, even my friends who were the ones that got it laugh and joke about it now.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

LOL...that chick was just crazy...However, "#*%* the police"... :p

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Getting tazzed really isn't that bad. I used to get tazzed in the nutsack all the time. You see, I had this girlfriend in college and she was really into.....

Forget it. That's another thread.

9. rocketfish

rocketfish Member

ok, so what is this tazer thing?
    what does it do

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

11. Secret Agent 7

it basically feels like..........static shock, but with a little more kick to it :D

12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Wow... I will never understand that world.

13. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

My point is that I would have thought basic conflict resolution and negotiation skills could have been used before resorting to shooting her with an electric gun!

What do you think other countries do when a harmless person is mouthing off about a traffic violation? There are many other options that come before the use of a Tazer. There really wasn't a huge need to get her out of the car anyway.

And I don't wanna hear that I am a sissy because I do think that the there is a right time and a right place for police to use such measures. Another problem I have is that, to an extent it sums up the "shoot first and ask questions later" attitude of American police and it does nothing to enhance inter-racial relations.

Also, as an aside, is the Tazer so common these days that the phrase "I am going to Taze you" can be expected to be understood by most people?

14. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

You dufus, she was being put under arrest for driving with a suspended licence, refused to get out of the car, and decided to take a swing at an officer to boot. LOL at your 'basic conflict resolution/negoitiation skills' ...they ain't much good when the person is ignoring everything you're saying to them. I ask again, what would you do? It would be good if you responded with a little less ambiguity this time and not try some weak attack at American 'standards'. You seriously think other countries would've handled this way less violently? HA, that's good stuff.

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Then you sir are the expert so I will take your word...
    pepper spray is worse than getting Tazed.

And maybe you want to check in to that anger management class down at the community college.

16. T_in_Charlotte

T_in_Charlotte Contributing Member

The only thing I could think of while seeing that, was wondering if there was anyone in the passenger seat. Then, if the other officer was going to zap them, like that old "I wish he had done that to me" joke.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

For most people, getting pulled over is like a non-tax deductable donation to the government.

The cop decides how much you donate, so cooperating is always better than assuming you'll get a ticket no matter what.

18. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Don't sass the police. Owww... Owww... Owww...

19. droxford

droxford Member

from http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/tasers/

What are Tasers?

They are hand-held weapons that deliver a jolt of electricity – up to 50,000 volts – from up to 6.5 metres away. The shot can penetrate up to five centimetres of clothing.

It stuns the target by causing an uncontrollable contraction of the muscle tissue. He/she is immobilized and falls to the ground – regardless of pain tolerance or mental focus.

TASER stands for Thomas A. Swift Electric Rifle, from the Tom Swift series of children's novels written in the early 20th century, including Tom Swift and his Electric Rifle. The real stars of the series of science-fiction novels were potential advances in technology.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If the cop don't like ya . . TAZE Ya . . .

Rocket River