1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

denver listening to offers for martin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trifle3A, Dec 14, 2005.

1. thesaint

thesaint Member

Stro is playing well lately and he is a similar type player as Kmart. I would not give up Stro for Kmart. Stro also makes less money than Kmart. I really want to see how Stro performs this season before I trade him.....i think he's got potential.

2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Okay, I changed my mind. I wouldn't take KMart over Artest. :D

I forgot his contract was that big and for that long. If $ was equal, I'd take KMart over Artest.

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I would do it if I was an East team, but KMart should've stayed East, because he sucks out West.

Stro is better value wise, and if I was Les and wanted to trade for a max contract player, it would DEFINITELY not be KMart.

4. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Keep Swift, Get Najera to bang...

5. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Also, just to put things in perspective, Elton Brand signed a very similar contract to Martin's (at least compatible). Brand's averaging 25/11/3/3, and Martin's averaging 12/5/1/1. Again, you do the math.

6. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

I agree. Najera is a lot less money and can still bang down low. He will provide some toughness off the bench and get us some extra rebounding help

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Nope, he isn't. Duncan has him for breakfast, lunch, and dinner....anytime he wants him. Denver will never beat the Spurs in a series as long as Duncan is playing against KMart..........unless Duncan pulls a Hakeem and tries to outlive his career.

8. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

K-Martin only is great when he play under Run-and-gun offense system, and with a PG like Nash or Kidd, else he's just a Swift. Same as Stoudemare.

9. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Isn't K-mart's game a lot like Swift?? Both are tough, atheletic, decent rebounder, & great finisher, but cannot create their own shot??

10. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

Earl Watson would be a great addition. Maybe in exchange for Wesley. No Kmart.

11. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

Only difference is martin can shoot decent mid-ranged jumper, and he is much stronger and can beat up most ppl in NBA. :) Swift have longer arms i think.

12. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

they can create their own shot, but its not pretty and i'm not paying to watch them squirm around like a dying seal perpetrating some kind of offense.

13. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I wish LA or NY would end up with this overpaid playa

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Good analogy, dying seal.

15. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

K-Mart is radioactive with that ridiculous contract. If we ever have 3 max contracts, K-Marts won't be one of them.

16. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

KMARTIN got his MAX CONTRACT from JASON KIDD just like how
    JOE JOHNSON got his MAX CONTRACT from STEVE NASH

OVER-RATED!!

17. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

KMart us one of the only NBA players I truley despise. Im still waiting for the day when some other NBA player with balls takes that overated, overpaid phony OUT for showboating after every score on their home court. Am I alone here? Ughh!

18. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Martin can't shoot, can't rebound and can't play defense. How would he help out the Rockets? He is the most over paid player in the NBA.

19. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I think swift will turnout to be better then K-CANCER-MART. how many fights is this guy had with his teammates?... he got into it with kidd in New Jersey, he punchedout Nene and camby. he is a cancer.

20. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

k-mart gets paid too much, he's a whiner, always hurt, and owes Jkidd half his money for inflating his stats. Not only that but he pulled a disappearing act last year in the playoffs. If he played up to expectations this season Denver would have had the meanest frontcourt in the league so far.