1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about Domanick Davis

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Furious Jam, Dec 12, 2005.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Bingo. The trade market for running backs sucks, especially for those making over $5 million a year. You can always get a new, shiny running back in the draft, the waiver wire, or via free agency. Look at Sam(kon) Gado. The dude rushed for 171 yards last night. I mean, c'mon, who is Sam Gado? Same goes for Reuben Droughns, Marion Barber III, Willie Parker, and the other countless running backs you've never heard of.

DD missed 2 games this year. Last year, he missed only 1 game. The year before that, he was a rookie and didn't get playing time at first.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

A deal like that wouldn't all that far-fetched. SD got a top 5 pick, a 2nd rounder, and a future 1st, I don't a 3rd rounder would be a deal breaker.

3. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Picking for need is always the best thing to do.

Singned,
    The Portland Trailblazers and Sam Bowie

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I don't see what difference it makes. If we draft Bush, and don't trade DD, then he is sitting on the bench eating up cap space anyways and rusting away. Either that or he's taking away snaps from Bush. If we're gonna draft Bush then we should trade DD for someone with a close to equivalent contract so each team eats their own signing bonus. Forget getting a draft pick, get another player.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LOL. Funny, but it's a different sport. The best player in the NBA, for example Jordan, can pretty much carry a team to the playoffs ever year. NFL is different. How many rings did Barry Sanders have? Will LaDanian Tomlinson ever win one?

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If I recall correctly, the Bills were trying to get a second rounder out of Travis Henry, but the highest they were offered was a third.

Anyways, I think DD brings a little less value to the table than Travis Henry, so I think a third or fourth rounder is likely. You never know, though, you can get a GOOD lineman in a round like that.

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

If we do get the first pick and draft Bush why cant the Texans play both of them like USC does with Bush and Lendale White?

8. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Draft Bush and keep Davis. There are alot of teams that run two backs. Carolina, Kansas City, and Denver just to name a few run two backs.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yes, but that sucks for fantasy purposes. ;)

10. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

The only question mark is Davis' durability. If he's healthy, he can put up some great numbers.

If he keeps going on his current tear and stays healthy till the end, he is worth a 2nd rounder. If he gets injured, he's not worth a 3rd.

Of course, I hope he stays healthy. I also want Bush. Reeves has made some marquee moves (Elway, Vick) so I am inclined to believe that he might see Reggie Bush as the future of this team.

It's nice to be in the cat-bird seat, but will it last?

11. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, it's hard to get value for trading DD.

Every team we face knows we're gonna pound the ball with DD. And yet he still manages to get his 100+ yards a game.

The downside of keeping DD vs. Bush is defenders can catch up to DD. Bush has that big play threat where if he breaks out, he's going all the way to the end zone.

Hey, at least this is a good problem to have! Choosing between 2 good players (for once).

12. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

In the college game he does, but the NFL is ALOT faster. There will be 4-5 guys on defenses in the NFL that are just as fast as Bush.

Also, when you watch DD, he's great after contact, and rarely goes down after the first hit. On most of Bush's big runs, his offensive line gives him five yards of open space before he has to make a move on a defender, that's not going to happen in the NFL. He's great in the open field, but he'll have a much tougher time getting there at the next level.