1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Remix

Remix Member

Awesome. I dont know why some of you guys are mad. Winning this game would acomplish nothing at this point of the season, and only hurt us in the long run.

2. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

You can add "K" to list of holes on this team. Infact you should just make a list of whats good, which leaves you with......nothing?

Worst part is, the Titans ARE the Oilers.

If you go 2-14, i would be happy, as long as those two wins were against the titans.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

did anyone hear the post game show when they were saying after one series the O-line were complaing about Carr holding the ball? Personally I only saw that on one sack but I think this team is gonna have to sit down after the season and evaluate EVERYONE. because there are some divisions growing on this team. I know everyone wants bush, but losing begets losing and I believe this team is setting itself up for failure for years with the way this season is going.

4. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Fostering the notion that "losing is okay" WILL hurt us in the long-run. And I totally blame the owner, as Capers should have been axed weeks ago. Like a gangrene toe, the chances of death (not to mention the smell) will only get worse if you refuse to amputate. We need to surgically excise Capers, his staff, and Casserly. And we need to do it NOW, before "The Nothingness" from The Neverending Story completely devours this team.

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

If loosing is"The Nothing" then Reggie Bush is Atreyu and Vincent Young is Bastian. And Casserly is the wolf that is a sevant of "the nothing"

6. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

No, you don't want to do that. Mathis would probably take the opening kickoff all the way back. You can't depend on him tripping over an uncut blade of grass when every loss is as big as it is.

That being said, we're screwed if Bush decides to hang around USC for another year. Unless someone were desperate for Leinart, everyone would sit on their hands because they KNOW we wouldn't take him. And I don't think D'Brickshaw is worth the #1 pick.

7. kountzer

kountzer Member

I haven't read all the posts to this thread, and I know this is not an original thought, but if that missed kick was not on purpose, then I don't know what is. I'm not mad at them though. I want the Texans to draft Reggie Bush, and keep him too. If they have to trade DD, so be it. D Ferguson is probably going to be an outstanding OT, but there should be other good OTs further down in the draft. Draft Bush, some more O linemen, maybe a defensive lineman also, and a DB, or LB, whatever is needed, and this team should be looking up.

~ Kountzer ~

8. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

yeah, how the heck do you shank a 31 yarder that bad on accident?!??! We need to find somebody that knows Kris Brown and see if McNair slipped him some exrtra dough to miss that kick. the last 2 games i can understand cause we really do suck that bad, but seriously, how do you miss the kick that bad?? If its just a little wide left or right i could understand, but that was just a straight up dud. now im not saying that i would care if they tanked the season to get bush cause at this point, you might as well, but im really having serious doubts about the legitimacy of the texans' effort in closing out games.

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

what would be the point of drafting bush then releasing him?

What would be the point of drafting bush in the first place besides marketing purspose.

best marketing ploy of all time= WINNING!!

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Another step closer to getting the President...

btw, I still think Young should have won, but hey, I'll take Bush anyday...

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In that case, I'd like to think of Jason Babin as the sleeping turtle that sneezes a lot.

12. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

OT in Green Bay, lets hope the Packers can pull it out and that almost garuntees us at least the #2 pick.

13. Willy92683

Willy92683 Member

HOORAY!! Pakers win in OT :D

14. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Brown does not miss from this close.

It's very peculiar and it should not have come down to that.

McNair,

If you want Reggie that bad, bench all of your starters and tell them that this season is a wash and that you are not risking injury until you make a few changes.

15. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

He may indeed do that for the SF game. Can't risk winning the game and end up losing the #1 pick.