1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas vs. Duke (College Basketball)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by junglerules, Dec 8, 2005.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I watched him play all last year.

2. kountzer

kountzer Member

It's up to Texas to make it to the final four. They probably won't be ranked as high now. Texas also has a game against Villanova coming up. That contest should indicate just how good this UT team is.

~ Kountzer ~

3. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I just had a UT student tell me they lost because Durham is like 50 miles from NJ.. I told him to go take a geography class or look at a map if he thinks it is 50 miles.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Continental airlines arena is basically their second home. Whenever the NCAA has a tourney, it's usually one of the locations and duke always plays there. There's a bunch of Duke Alumni in that area.

When I was watching that game, they decided not to guard JJ Reddick. They let him catch it and shoot it.

I hate Reddick with a passion. In fact, I hate all Duke players, except maybe Grant Hill, and maybe Shane Battier.

A longhorn should have been guarding him so tight, that they were sharing shorts with him.

The Longhorns will be fine. They'll be a one seed in a Region.

5. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

might be 2nd home.. but it sure isn't 50 miles away.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

UNC lost its first game last year to a nobody (Santa Clara?). Psst: They won the national championship.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

So you think a freshman that led his team in points and assists, led his team to a tourney w/o the teams 2 best players, and unanimous Big12 freshman of the year is overrated?

8. kountzer

kountzer Member

I've been watching Redick since he was a freshman, being as how Duke is always on tv. He never played like a 1st year player. I suspect it won't take him long to adjust to the NBA either. There are not enough players that can shoot really good in the league. Redick will have a nice nba career. Steve Kerr is writing nba commentary these days, and he had the same type skills, and JJ is better than Kerr, IMO.

~ Kountzer ~

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Horrible game for Texas...Truly pathetic...Duke was beatable, but man, they showed up big time...

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Was UT too dumb or too conceited to think that they could play JJ man to man all game?

Probably a little of both.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Oh well...there's always the Rose Bowl...

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

LOL.. believe me, I don't like UT... but you are in another world. Half of those threes were from broken down plays where the loose ball flew his way. JJ is a great shooter - just not normally that great. There's a reason that game was a career high for him.

14. waran007

waran007 Member

That was an amazing showing by Redick and Duke. IMO, Duke and Connecticut have been the two teams that have been head and shoulders above the rest so far, with Washington and Villanova not far behind.

As far as Redick goes, I expect he'll end this season the way ended his last two: getting manhandled by a superior defensive squad in the NCAA Tournament as Duke loses. It happened last year with Ager and Mich. State and two years ago with Taliek Brown and Ben Gordan with UConn. He's certainly an All-America, but I see too much Kerr/Alford in him.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Still stand by this? I think I've been proven correct....to say the least.

16. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

hmm texas really blew goat balls today :eek:

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Todays game really showed that, but saying that after you lose to the #1 team in the country was premature in my opinion. Oh well, the Vols outplayed us in every aspect of the game.

Don't really see how someone could catch an elbow to the head hard enough to cause a concussion and the only that was called was a defensive 3-second violation.

18. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

You are crazy, look at his averages. He just got more shots than normal

19. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

UT is still a top 5 team, just ask their fans.

20. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i missed the game today, but wow...texas has to start playing better defense. right now, they are a borderline top 20 team, even with all that talent. their defense is awful.