1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley at the pub--Kinnealy's Montrose

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Nov 25, 1999.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did you read Wed Chronicle. Barkley spending the night speaking about life, basketball, and apparently cell phones with an asst coach. That was Monday at Kinnealy's. I've never seen Chuck before outside the big clubs. I like that. He has to know a little bit about Houston to know that Irish dive.

Anyhow, that was what his comment was in the chronicle about spending the night talking throught his struggles.

He was just like any other customer. I thought about throwing a beer in his face, but then I remembered he slammed Shaq to the wood.

No, I love the man. His comments about cell phones, and thinking about himself the rest of the year are clearly contrived to get a reaction out of the younsters.

Question
    Who do you think he was aiming the remarks at?

My gut instinct is aimed at Cato, his big contract, and his shrinking minutes.

Damn.....I'll be the first to cheer for Cato. I watch every move he makes on the court (except when Franchise is jump stomping to the rim, with a wrap around in mind).

What's up with Cato's diminishing minutes. I have to leave the Dream-has-too-many-minutes- aside...the math allows for 30 minutes for Cato and Dream

Cato is simply not showing me fundamentals...he jumps at head fakes and doesn't have a solid grasp of the ball on rebounds...not to mention blocking out.

Don't get me wrong...Cato is the man of the future. Name me a better center prospect his age (discounting Duncan). I just thought he'd be more fundamental since I watched him at Iowa.

Is it too much talent....too much money.

that sucks

2. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

I have been disappointed in Cato too. I don't know if it was coincidence but his play slacked off tremendously to me once he got his contract. And I think Chuck was directing his comments to Cato too. I was at the preseason game against the Cavs and remember how Cato had a triple double and was outstanding. That was when I thought we were going to have an outstanding team this year. That is also why I have said for awhile now that if he would step up, our team would be over a few humps. Looks like he is in Rudy's doghouse now, and it's hard to get out of there. Remember Kenny Smith. One of the few times I didn't agree with Rudy. But it was a loyalty thing with me - Kenny Smith is my man.

But I think Kelvin Cato is an intelligent person, has a good attitude mostly, and is a good guy with a lot of potential.

Soo, hopefully, this (whatever it is) will get squared away and CATO WILL STEP UP.

Today's paper has Rudy saying the beeper thing is overblown that it's not like Charles said. Hmmm.

I don't want our team griping and fighting. That is what I wanted for the Trailblazers, lol. Heehee, maybe I brought us bad luck. IT IS ALL MY FAULT.

3. alaskansnowman

yes, i 2 have been disappointed in cato's play. I mean, look at carlos rogers! that fool is hustling and getting offensive boards and getting to loose balls. Cato, is much more powerful than rogers, so it would be easier for cato to get those offensive boards. i thought cato would average like 3 blocks a game, get double digit rebounds, and get 8 to 10 pts a game. what the hell happened? maybe it's his contract getting to his head? maybe it's rudy t. not giving him minutes? i dont know, but i hope he gets his act together. He is a perfect fit for our so called running offense. He's is big, can run the floor well, and KNOWS how to finish with a POWER SLAM! With him doing that, and getting the rebounds and blocks THAT I KNOW HE IS CAPABLE OF GETTING, we could win a hell of a lot more games. Maybe he will get out of his slump today against the blazerz. HOPEFULLY